main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cameras

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by darth_kabbel, Nov 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_kabbel

darth_kabbel Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2002
    Hey guys I need some advice on a camera. I might be getting one for Christmas and I was wondering if you guys had any ideas.

2. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Ok, everyone is going to hate me for this but.

STAY AWAY FROM CANON!!!

I and everyone else I know have had nothing but bad luck with our canon cameras.

If you are devoted to maintaining your camera then get a canon, if not get a sony.

3. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Your original question seems pretty vague.
    To major factors are:
    What do you plan do with a camera (everything, not just fan films) and what do you think the budget is?

As to Canon, I'm sure everyone has their own individual experiences, but mine has worked flawlessly for over a year of abbusive use.
    (Soccer (football) games, karate tournaments, beach vacations, all sorts of air travel and road use, etc.)

Have fun!

4. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    My Canon has worked fabulously. The two camera companies I can recommend without reservations are Canon and Sony.

5. NXTB

NXTB Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2002
    Well, we can't offer too much more advice until you've answered Nick's questions, but I'd like to say that the at least 4 canon cameras I've owned have performed most excellently. Someone's bound to have a bad experiance at some point.

6. LawrenceS

LawrenceS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    What ever you get make sure you puchase and extended warrenty. you'll be glad you did.

7. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    BTW:
    CamcorderInfo.com might be a great place to check out different cameras.
    The site has price & feature comparisons as well as user forums for many of the most popular makes and models.

NOTE: This site does seem to generate a pile of pop-up ads. None seem to be a problem, but I know some people tend to not tolerate them.

Have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.