main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY *** Camp Good Days & Special Times Fundraiser Gala - June 20, 2009 ***

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BobaChris12, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    We could have done so much for them entertainment wise, and even though much happened in a way slightly different than how we were told things would go, a great effort by everyone.

Sorry to have so bossy.

Moo!

2. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    Our very own "Where's Waldo?" - Did you make it home ok Kyle? ;)

It was great to see everyone yesterday. I'll bet Chris is taking a nap already, and a much-deserved one after all the hard work! Thanks to everyone else who worked so hard to make yesterday such a success. We really shined. :D

3. MakanPyralis

MakanPyralis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    well, my night ended badly for me. Last night i didn't lock my car due to carrying everything in in one trip. I got into my car today to find the door not closed all the way. My center glove box was open and my gps, stand, and adapter were gone!!! I was mad at the thing yesterday, but not enough for it to be stolen!!!

4. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Sorry to hear that kyle.

Very, very exhausted. Had a great time partying and costuming. will post more after some rest.

5. StoyBoy720

StoyBoy720 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    I would recommend we no longer accept doing any photo op situations that involve money. Granted, 100% of the proceeds were for Camp Good Days, but with the exception of the "Duel Darth Vader" version, it turned out to be a bust.

We do pictures for free so readily at all other events, I know a few of us had to stop ourselves when asked for pictures and say "actually, they're doing it here for $5.00." We had a few people interested and then immediately lost interest after being told that. And then being asked to try and get people to come over before expressing interest to get their photos taken just seemed a little awkward, personally.

Don't get me wrong, they meant well and the money obviously is going to a great cause, but the actual mechanics of the setup seem to hurt more than help.

6. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Had an absolute great time at this event. Everyone deserves kudos! =D=

But, boy, was I wooped Sunday. I crashed on my bed twice in 1 day for a nap.

Looking forward to Saturday's meeting. So are my boys.

7. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Dude... Where's my bowl? o_O

[image=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb94/JediXXL/Office/Alf.jpg]

You HAD to be there...

8. MakanPyralis

Aug 16, 2005

LOL!!! Thats great!!!! Remember, I'm the new Ice Cream Man!!! LOL!!![face_laugh]

9. MakanPyralis

Aug 16, 2005
    My niece enjoyed some party favors!!!

[image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/Lonewolf0840/DSC00984.jpg]
    May have another Leia in the far future!!!

[image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/Lonewolf0840/DSC00987.jpg]

10. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Hey guys just wanted to drop in & say hi! Thanks for letting me play!. It was a great time. I know it was said many times that night, But we do clean up nicely! Every one looked great. Hope to upload phone pics tonight if they look ok, I'll post the link.

11. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Tom, thanks for coming to play! Had a great time!!

12. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    While this doesn't completely put everyting into words, I want to say thank you to everyone. Dan and I spent a lot of time helping plan the gala and even though some things didn't work as planned, we once again helped make an event a special one.

Special thank you to the troops who came out and helped make the event a success! I haven't had that much fun since ...the week before! Everyone deserves a big kudos for the excellent and professional appearance that we put on. I have heard nothing but excellent remarks from both CGD and the guests. We should all be proud!

We sweated and worked hard for a very good cause! I had a great time in costume and out! I haven't uploaded photos yet, but will post a link when I do.

I was very touched when the camper gave me a picture she colored as a thank you. At the end of the day, I know that I made her smile and helped her escape for a few hours.

Special thanks to Mindy who filled in and freed up time for me to make this happen.

13. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    A big thank you to Chris and Dan for all of their time and effort with the Gala. You guys did a lot of behind the scenes stuff.

What a great time! So good to see our out of town friends again! If anyone has pictures, please post the links... left our camera at home. (DOH!) Even though Rob and I had a lot of running around with the dance recital, it was so worth it. The after party was such great fun with everyone. Nice to have an excuse to get all dressed up and have an evening out with the hubby.

14. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Chris & Dan did all of the legwork and made it really easy for us to just come in and do our thing! Thanks guys!

The afterparty was awesome and I hope everyone that came in from out of town had a good time.

No one parties like the North Ridge!

Here's a link to my Pictures

15. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    hey guys here's a few pics from my cameraphone

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p112/ltcmdrtom/Camp%20Good%20Days/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.