main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive campaign ideas

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by lord_jon125, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lord_jon125

lord_jon125 Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2006
    Hi, ive just started a new rpg set @ around episode3 onwards (im the GM). The players are working for palpatine i know where its all gonna go (episode IV and beyond!) but i cant think of any ideas for missions in between. All ideas welcome!

2. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    What are their specific jobs? Working for Palpatine is kinda vague. I'd suggest hunting Jedi, quashing minor rebellions and rebel cells, but only if they're doing that kind of work for Palpatine. After all, his Accountant works for him, but I wouldn't send an accountant to hunt down Jedi (well, unless your accountant happened to be a Sith also...)

3. lord_jon125

Dec 5, 2006
    yeah, fair point. Their basically gonna take care of his dirty work. their gonna be involved in the assault on the jedi temple (my favourite scene from the film!)and afterwards will probably be hunting down the jedi. I just want some other ideas. (repetedly hunting down jedi would get a bit repetitive (no matter how fun!!!)

4. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    You're pretty safe with five categories of missions for Palpatine in that time period:

1. Mopping up surviving Jedi
    2. Wiping out minor rebellions or minor Rebel cells
    3. Assassinating/making an example of Imperials with loud, negative opinions
    4. Recovering classified things (i.e. Sith Artifacts, the Katana fleet and other things Palpatine would want but wouldn't want people to know he wants)
    5. Getting rid of any other troublemakers who aren't covered by 1, 2, or 3.

5. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    I actually had an Idea like this where you played members of the Senate Guard, doing those things Sephy said.

6. lord_jon125

Dec 5, 2006
    sounds cool, thanks [face_peace] any other ideas let me know!

7. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    You're in luck, Dark Horse Comics just started a new series dealing with this stuff exactly.

Well, as far options go, you might want to start out with clean-up detail based on the fallout from the Clone Wars. There's still a lot of firepower out, and factions who are quite willing to use it. Plenty of CIS resistence cells to mop up, traitors to hunt down, and people just waiting to be made examples of. Judging by the massive military that exists even as the Senate still sits around with some vague illusion of function, there's something out there that makes the "Republic" keep an army standing around even after the secession threat subsides. Probably several somethings, incidents that flare up involving splinter cells and other rogue organizations that prompt someone to give them a swift beating. Either have your boys start squashing those incidents or (since this is Palpatine we're talking about) instigate them. Nothing like starting another dispute in order to prove that the Republic military is a necessary evil. You could even have them set up and sell out Rebel cells just to make things interesting.

There might also be something interesting you can do with the new military conversion. Jango is dead, and with him the Prime Clone genetic code. It might be time to find new material, and/or switch to human recruits. Then there's setting up the new academies and finding instructors and other interesting bits. Plus you might have to arrange for some situations where the new Imperial Army can be tested out...

On the home front, there's always the Senate to deal with. It's not like a little espionage and political sabotage aren't called for in the senate and the court systems. Set up scenarios where strong political opponents might be forced to leave office. If you can't get a rubber-stamp government for Palpatine, at least make it utterly ineffective without his strong leadership. Political log jams are a good thing, so start making sure that a strong consensus can't be reached. See if you can get some senators to take bribes, and for added fun... see if you can bribe them to vote against Palpatine's stuff. Then arrest the weasels and use that opportunity to discredit Palpatine's opponents.

You can also worry about the species agenda. Remember... Everything that isn't a human falls under one or more of the following categories:
    -Violent
    -Manipulative
    -Aggressive
    -Stupid
    -Uncultured
    -Weak
    -Foolish
    -Greedy
    -Ineffectual
    -Short-sighted
    -Vapid
    -Genetically Inferior
    etc.

Remember, you want to make sure the public (or at least the human portion of it) believes this. There must be every reason for a human mind to devalue every non-human in the galaxy. Remember, humans are doing them a favor by taking over the governments their feeble minds can't comprehend, putting their power to use in order to efficiently benefit the galaxy. If you can reduce a species to a crude stereotype, you've done a damn good job. And don't forget: there's a lot of dangerous hot-headed non-humans out there who want to take our stuff. An ideal news story:

Devastation rocks the Senate Hall today after noted Imperial Senator Iaco Nammon is assassinated on the steps of the Senate Hall by radical activist Iraek Grai'den. Grai'den escaped, and was later slain after a furious firefight with Coruscanti officials. Witnesses described the Bothan as "raving" as he fired his rifle at the Senator's entourage, killing Nammon and injuring several others. This tragedy occurs a mere day before the Senate is set to vote on the renewal of the Enhanced Security and Enforcement Act, a controversial movement that coupled a heightened increase in government survailance by Imperial Intelligence with an expanded military force in an effort to locate and subdue dangerous movements before they destabilize the Republic. When it was pointed out that Grai'den had suspected ties to radical anarchist organization Edge-9, Nammon's friend and noted poli

8. lord_jon125

Dec 5, 2006
    Cool, once again thanks. I'm first of all gonna get them to follow the plot of Dark Lord: the rise of darth vader cause ive just finished reading it (i recomend it highly to anyone who loves vader ;) or any star wars fan!)i think ill go in the direction of corrupting senators and (obviously) hunting down jedi. p.s. roll on thursday, next session, the begining of order 66 in particular the assault on the jedi temple[face_money_eyes] ooh this is gonna be sooooooo fun =P~

9. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Although Light's got it all down pretty well, you might want to note that within the Lit forums (where I spend all my non-RPing time) there are several pro-Imperial posters like GrandAdmiralJello and 000 who would contend that the anti-alien agenda was primarily the efforts of power-hungry, xenophobic, high-up officials, and that Palpatine himself had no particular anti-alien agenda. I bet that if you politely asked them, they could give you ideas that would revolve more around the cunning manipulator Palpatine than the cackling madman Palpatine.

I know GAJ pokes his nose around here because he showed up in the CDG about a month or two ago.

10. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    I think the anti-alien movement wasn't because Palpatine actually believed in such things (he's always seemed perfectly willing to use a non-human whenever it suits his purposes), but because he felt that he could use that sentiment to create a "them" for the Empire to focus on. It's much easier to convince people to do what you want if they believe they have a common enemy. And by keeping some parts of the populace in a constant state of unease, you can cause enough random flare-ups that people will believe your leadership is required in order to protect them. But whatever works for your game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.