main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Campaign Secrets Revealed!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Corvalis, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corvalis

Corvalis Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2008
    Well, first off, let me just say that this went in a completely different direction from what I had intended. I'm not going to spill every bean, but here are the big ones you guys didn't pick up on.

1) Yes, Mason was a Sith from the beginning. And he was level 10 from the beginning. Everyone was.
    2) Yes, Nat was a Sith after the first mission, but originally was a Hutt spy.
    3) Chris's character was the only one who had no secrets that I began him with.
    4) Nate's character was telling the truth about being sent to find the Sith. Way to stick up for your Padawan Bevan!
    5) The Council was pious, and very holier-than-thou, but the so called Hidden Masters were light side Jedi. None of the council or NPC Jedi were Sith.

All will be revealed at the last post for this campaign tomorrow evening.

(BTW Bevan, just FYI, in order to kill the Master I made with that explosion, it would have had to a) breach his damage threshold, which after racial abilities and the Force Power he activated, would have been 132 damage, and b) reduce him to 0 hit points, of which he still have 187 left. Good job on sucking him into outer space though!)

2. roxez

roxez Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2007
    Wow. according to the book, your character is more powerful than a YT-1300. Yeah basically the whole bomb thing was I couldn't complete my original goal without getting the wrath of the God GMPC, plus you wanted to wrap up since both Chris and Nate were still alive. If your Jedi wasn't around, I could have beaten all four of them and survived.

So let's see, A YT class has 120 HP with 15 DR, so that's 135 for the ship to blow.

135 HP > 132HP so damage threshold breached and you go down a step on the track.

Then vacuum is attack 1D20 + 20 to Fortitude defense. If success it's 1d6 and -2 steps on condition. If fail it's -1 on the condition. Once unconscious, the damage is cumulative 1d6 each round (1d6 first round, 2d6 second round, 3d6 third round, etc). Once that crosses damage threshold, you're dead.

So, if your Jedi survived the original blast, he's dead within ten rounds max (aka one minute) assuming average rolls due to vacuum exposure. Absolute cruddy rolls, I'd give three minutes. So, unless your Jedi had a ring on his thumb and the infinitely improbable happened... yeah, he's dead.

3. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    (I'll give you the kill for the Master I made, I have no problem with that Bevan.)

So here's what was really going on:

The Jedi, sensing an oncoming conflict that would cost billions of lives, have been smuggling whole planet populations out of this galaxy, and into their new one. I gave several hints about things not being right, but no one really seemed to pick up on them.

I gave you guys the biggest clue in the message from Commander Phideau. I told you he was running for a Senate position, and the person he referenced in the message had died about a week or so before the message had even been sent. Had you picked up the trail on that, you would have found indications of a shadow organization working within the GIR, because the soon to be Senator/Commander would have told you he sent that message almost 2 years ago, in reference to another group of Jedi they had caught trying to break into a GIR base.

Another big clue during that mission was the peices of armor that were put on wrong, and the fact the troops were being Mind Controlled from a distance. There's no known Force Power out there similar to that, so it should have set everyone on their toes about a weapon, or unusual Force phenomenon. You guys got those, but never investigated the type of powers needed to pull that off. If you had, there was a mention of Mind Controlled Jedi around the time Emperor Eros was assassinated, though the two were unrelated.

You second mission was designed to lure out the Sith, at this point Mason and Nat, and none of the council were evil, or darksiders, or twisted...well, maybe a bit twisted, but had Bevan not stood up so defiantly in the face of the Jedi Council, the council would have been tipped off about the Sith, and initiated standard protocols, thus detecting the incoming fleet of Hutt and Sith warships, and sparing the Jedi Temple/homeworld in this galaxy.

Instead, the drama that ensued allowed teh Homeworld to be destroyed, along with most of the Jedi. Bevan had a chance to pursue the clues I had left, but never did, instead focusing on the brewing conflict between Jedi and Sith.

What really has me laughing my butt off about this, is that Chris found, deciphered, and located the last clue. The crystal in the saber led you to the hidden base on Mustafar, but you guys never went in! If you had just waited to land and go in before fighting amoungst yourselves, you would have discovered Kair Hatz's race, an offshoot of Gen'Dai, in their own Force using tradition. That tradition has been pulling the strings in the galaxy since before Eros's death, but only by following the clues given could you know that, and finally put history behind you as the Sith and Jedi united to destroy a common enemy amoung everyone.

But you didn't. You were 1 mere Piloting roll away from landing and discovering the truth!

Instead, the Sith and Jedi, receiving Bevan's message, begin a short war. The Jedi, warned by Chris as to the betrayal of the GIR, arm themselves, and resist the Sith onslaught for a small time. Eventually, the Sith/Hutt forces wipe out the Jedi, then turn their eyes upon the Republic. Only, instead of meeting the bureacratic Republic they knew, they find that it too has been destroyed. The Gen'Dai offshoots, having successfully placed assassins near all key members of government, have destroyed the entire leadership of the galaxy. The Sith/Hutts begin to take over all the GIR planets, but eventually turn on each other, and start another lengthy war, fueled by the meddlings of the Gen'Dai offshoots. This plunges the galaxy into about 1,000 years of constant war and bloodshed. Who knows if it continues longer than that...

We might just have to start another campaign to see ;)

4. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    Woo hoo! We all miss on rather obscure clues, then end up destroying the galaxy!

And I tried to investigate about the disappearances, the odd armor, etc., I just wasn't told enough to know anything but the obvious Jedi vs Sith.

5. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    The message was what you were supposed to follow up on. I'm surprised that neither you or Chris (I think I told him) followed up on the origin of the message once you found out that one guy was dead, the other not having been in the military for two years prior to your mission.

6. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    Still smells like a Deus Ex Machina ending to me. Oh well. Still was an interesting campaign.

7. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    I know we elaborated on it during the gaming session, and Chris even commented on it in his report after the first mission. Here was the actual clue I sent to Chris, which we discussed at the third session, before the mission:

Arkham and Fideau were officers attached to the Senate on Coruscant. Their reports indicate that both are no longer active members, having both retired 3 years ago. Arkham is reportedly seeking a position on the council, and Fideau is listed as having died 2 days ago from natural causes. Exactly the same day as you found the transmission.

8. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    I'm not talking about the specific clue Dave, I'm talking about the whole ending and missed subplot being a Deus Ex Machina.

Then again, that's just my opinion. Nothing we can do to change what happened, so no need to have a huge elaboration/argument.

9. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    I wasn't really arguing or elaborating. Just pointing out what you had missed.

And why all of the TV tropes all of the sudden? For three weeks, everything tv-trope-ish has been referenced. :p

10. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    As for as me missing things... everything but saving Jedi became irrelevant to Akahl. Job One was preserving the Order. Emperor Suun could kiss his ass and go solve his own problems.

11. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    I guess I just recognize tropes more now that I've read the website.

12. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    Ah, I see. I respond with this famous quote:

"Ignorance is entertaining."

13. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    I suppose I'd respond with "Those who don't remember history are condemned to repeat it."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.