main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asia Campaigning for Fanforce Philippines

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by jedi_ginny, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    uh-oh. pwede ko ba sabihin na i'm not exactly sure who you are, jedi_telcontar? sorry, but I'm a little slow in these things....

2. j3di_g3rL

j3di_g3rL Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    Hello again!!! :)

I've already join your group in yahoo, thanks for the invitation to join.
    But i have not posted in it yet, don't know what to say eh.....im shy...hehehe. Anyways, thanks again. :)

3. rachel1013

rachel1013 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    Hi GiNny! :)

Well I've made it over to the Dark side.. heheh actually I was referring to the Yahoo groups.. :)

Looking forward to discussions and fact-finding missions! :)

Rachel

4. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Hey there, j3di_girl! Don't be shy. The people there are really nice. In fact, they all seem to be keeping quiet right now. Heehee. Which is why you should speak up so we can have more activity in there. Heehee. I assure you, everyone there is as nice as can be, so don't you worry! ;)

Rachel! Yes, I saw your post and replied to it. Thanks for joining the Dark Side. Heeheehee. ;) Go and recruit more people, and tell them to post here too! ;)

5. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    ******* CONTEST FOR FILIPINOS IN THIS FORUM *******

Yup, for all you FILIPINOS in this forum, we are holding a contest. Before we really step up our campaign to establish a Philippine chapter of Fanforce, we need a name.

So, the thing to do is to think of a name for our Fanforce. You have 2 weeks to submit as many entries as you can. Just post your entries here in the Forum. Please be as original as you can. You have until June 19, 2002. Keep posting, guys.

The prize? Well, bragging rights, for one. Isn't that enough? Heehee. Well, we'll think of something. ;)

Good luck and MTFBWY.

Disclaimer: This contest is not sponsored by Fanforce or TF.N. It's just a friendly thing between Filipinos in the forum. :)

6. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Hmm...fortunately Im not Palpatinian in agreeableness. At least according to the test.

I got Boba. Heheh.

(What Vader? No disintegrations, you say? Hell, they decapitated my friggin' dad, and you say "no disintegrations???!!???)

*blasts Vader till kingdom come*

7. jedi_telcontar

jedi_telcontar Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2002
    Hehe! That's ok Ginny! I don't think you would recognize me agad. Telcontar is Strider's Numenorean name. O ano alam mo na? If I expound on this further, baka batuhin na ko ng mga DIE HARD SW fans. =) MTFBWY!

8. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    LOL! Yes, Strider. Heehee. I completely forgot. I just finished reading the trilogy, and I forgot! Dang. Well, you're either Laurice or Karen. Hmmm....

9. Tesseract

Tesseract Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    Hello folks. How are things? I heard you were campaigning for a Philippines Chapter. :) I hope it pushes through. Count me in!

10. j3di_g3rL

j3di_g3rL Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002

By the way, seen all ur hayden pic......really nice and cute. Can i post some pic too??? thanks. :)

11. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Hey, Tesseract! Saw your name over in our Yahoo members list. Thanks for joining. And thanks for supporting our campaign. Just keep on posting here, and feel right at home there in SWP. Welcome to the group!

j3di_girl: I see you haven't posted yet. But thanks for appreciating all the Hayden pics I put up. Yes, you can add more pics, just make sure to upload them in the "New Uploads" folder and not anywhere else, okay? And please please post there na, so other members can get to know you. ;o)

12. j3di_g3rL

j3di_g3rL Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    Hello again!!!

jedi_ginny: yeah i know.....im posting right now....thanks!!! :)

13. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    Ginny, I'm going to upload my Fanforce site study in .jpg format. Check it out...it's only a study, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

Sup, you guys?

*looks around*

14. jedi_telcontar

jedi_telcontar Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2002
    Haha! It's me Laurice. =) Anyway how do we go about this campaign? I mean besides posting, what else should we do? =)

15. ulan25

ulan25 Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    Hi again everyone! How's the campaign coming along? How many members are we already?

Anyhoo, to those who still haven't joined the Star Wars Philippines egroup, c'mon over! :)

:D

16. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    Telcontar, we basically have to create some noise here. That's number one.

After which we start organizing activities IRL, and when the FanForce people see this, they are going to give us our own board, thereby making FanForce Philippines official.

Hey Ginny...I know you're busy this weekend and all...but if AOTC is still showing next weekend are you still game for an AoTC EB for the group?

BTW, I vote for FanForce Phiippines as our official name. Or even Star Wars Philippines (since that's the name of our egroup already).

17. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    WOW! Pretty good stuff from Ulan and Stomp. Really. ;o) I'm glad to have talented people on the group.

Anyhoo, Stomp, I am not sure what you mean by "study", really, but the file you uploaded was great (although I have other links that may be useful. duh?)

Ulan, great banners. BTW, my webmistress at Star Wars Fan Base commended that banner you made, of course I told her it's all thanks to you. :)

AOTC EB? Well, I do hope it will still be showing by then. (ugh, I'm starting to be bothered by guilty feelings). I'll give you final word by this weekend. I hope (smiles sheepishly).

Hi, Laurice! ;)

18. hat_tr1ck

hat_tr1ck Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Here's a funny name for our FanForce group - Philpatine FanForce. :D

I'm pretty sure a lot of us here are closet Palpatine fans, right Stomp? :D

19. j3di_g3rL

j3di_g3rL Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002

Anything new here???

Here's a funny name for our FanForce group - Philpatine FanForce. <--- nice name, I like it!! hehhehe :D

20. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    Well, since I'm a Palpy fan..how about:

The Philippine Imperial Senate (thanks to hat_tr1ck over there. haha). After which we grab all our stupid politicians by their balls and just...wipe them out. All of them. (heh heh)

Seriously, Fan Force Philippines is okay. Or Star Wars Philippines (with the latter, we sound canonized. Which rocks. ;P)

Ginny...a "study", in graphic design language is basically a proposal. A prototype, if you may. The same way that clonetroopers are "studies" for the future stormtroopers.

21. j3di_g3rL

j3di_g3rL Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    hello everyone!!! :)

jedi_ginny: im having trouble with my yahoo group. 1 minute im registered, then next, im not??? did i do something wrong in my registration??? help!!! :(

22. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Yeah, I think Fanforce Philippines is okay. Not very creative, but effective. ;)

Thanks for the info, Stomp. :)

j3di_girl: hmmm.... maybe you signed in with a different Yahoo ID?
    If you still have problems, just subscribe again. We're open membership anyway, so you'll have no problems with that. :) If the problem persists, consult your.... no not your doctor, silly, your friendly neighborhood List Owner. ;) Good luck.

23. Dejsa_Frmak

Dejsa_Frmak Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2002
    about that name...how about something connected to the ones who used Dooku's lightsaber...maybe something connected to the name of their race if we can search the name or the Ewoks Rebel Force or something, hehe

24. j3di_g3rL

j3di_g3rL Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    jedi_ginny: Okey thanks! If i want to upload a pic, how will i do that??? ?[face_plain]

25. Qris-DawnVires

Qris-DawnVires Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    kumusta ka everyone! finally! people from the homeland! hee hee. pinay from houston, tx in the states. someone told me of the FF in Philippines, so I checked it out! you all seem very nice!
    and YES count me in if you are really starting the Philippines FF. i'm apart of the Houston FF here and we've already become a chapter! if you need any help please by all means ask, and i'll see what i can do!
    good luck! and May The Force Be With You!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.