main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Camping/Float trip anyone???

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by twilek69, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I only liked the outdoors when we had our clubhouses on the Mississippi. The party was at our house and we were rockstars because we were the only band to play at Timberlake Marina!!!

2. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Leash, Steve said he would float. Our problem now seems to be that we have no tent. He is going to ask at work, and hopefully someone will have one. I didn't even think of that, since I didn't figure on him coming...

3. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Are your kids coming, Christina? Cause, if it's just you and Steve, we might be able to put you in our tent. It's got more than one room.

4. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    I hope you all have fun. I will be heading out of town on Sun morning that weekend. And seeing as how I will have returned the previous week from floating, I might be a little water logged.

5. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Before I can say yes or no to going, I need to know if this is a family thing or just an adult thing?

6. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Amy, I will have to bring the girls. No one will be here to watch them. If the campsite was close enough to where we are parking, they could stay in the van. We'll have to see.

Laura, I am hoping it is a family thing or we won't be going... :)

7. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Oh, yeah, it's a family thing...but I'm leaving mine at home hopefully. [face_laugh] Christina, E might be able to help ya out. It sounded like she had all sorts of gear.

8. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    If your kids come Amy, I'm out. :p

j/k

9. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    I'm in the same position as you, christina. I don't have anyone to watch the kids if its for adults only. Oh and now that I am A NON SMOKER! (again) Six days and counting.(How stupid to quit for 5 years and then start back up, cause I am stressed.) anyways, I won't have to worry about trying to sneak off and smoke. :)

10. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Yay! for you Laura. I wish I could find the right motivation... bring your kids, we can always set up a kids' friendly area. lol :D

11. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    I'll check our inventory when I get back to STL, but I'm pretty sure I can help out with tents, etc. We have a 4 person dome tent for families, and we *might* still have some spare 1 person-ers, if my stepbrother didn't take 'em when he moved out. I should know by some time this weekend.

12. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Okay, I didn't feel good today and sleep all day, hence being up at 3am. LOL! I did not call either place today, but will call tomorrow. If others are bringing their children then I am going to bring mine. It is a pain in the butt to get anyone to watch our kids, so I will save that for another time.
    We have one four man tent. It is really more like a two man tent though. Christine you guys could borrow that and we have a huge tent so we can have some people with us too if needed. We have extra sleeping bags and an extra cooler too. I would suggest to anyone who does not have an air mattress to get one. You will not believe how much more comfortable you will sleep. LOL!
    If I could PLEASE get an estimated idea of who is going, how many in your party and if you will be staying on Friday and Sat. or just Sat., that would help immensely!!!!!!! If you are unsure, but think you might, let me include you in a might list so I make sure we have enough room for all.
    I want to be able to make reservations by Monday so the good spots don't fill up.
    Thanks!!!:D

13. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    I'll be there. As of right now I can't commit to friday night, I guess I'll have to discuss that with Tim. But for now I'll be there for the float and saturday night.

14. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    If kids are going, count five for us. We will be there for floating on Saturday and camping that night only.

15. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Cool, if we could borrow from either E or Leash, we would deeply appreciate it. We have everything else including extra coolers... Count us for both nights and Steve and Ranada to float. Thanks Leash for putting this together, it sounds like so much fun. :D

16. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Congrats Laura on the no smoking thing - it can be difficult, I know.

We're leaning towards the yes, but for right now keep us in the maybe column. It would be me, the MRS. and possibly Fred. (haven't taken him yet, but we've been wanting to try it out.)

I also have a spare tent that would sleep 4. It' s a good size.

17. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I doubt I'll be able to make it. I work every weekend :(

18. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Laura- I'm so happy for you![face_thinking]How'd you do it? I need to borrow some will power.

Christian- I'm totally bringing Brielle just so she can bug you allllll night. She's got the biggest crush on you.

And Jon- that's why you ask for a day off.;)You know, so you can hang with the cool people instead of the nerds at work.

Leash- I'll only be going for Saturday. I don't know if my husband will be joining me, it depends on his schedule that week.

19. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    nobody said anything about cool people being there,

I thought it would just be us guys :)

20. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Hey uh, does anybody know if fires(wood not charcoal) are allowed where we are going? Cause I can't cook my food on coal, only wood.

21. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I would certainly hope so.

22. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Okay, I think we are going to go with Bass. They require the least amount for a deposit and allow for more people on a campsite. ($25. per campsite, compared to $40. at Huzzah). For those unsure if they want to come on Fri. due to time. They close the gate at 11pm, but have guard at the gate to let you in. You would then pay for your two nights of camping at that time and the guard can direct you to where we are.

I have this so far-
    Friday night arrival Saturday night arrival
    Jedi Runya and family Spidey MJ and family
    Leash and family Amy and possible Tim(?)
    My girlfriend and her family

Not sure where to put
    John
    Tim and wife
    Danielle and Patrick
    Chissman (maybe)
    -E-
    We should only need one campsite for one night and two for the other night. They allow up to 18 on each site.
    I am putting us in the quiet side, due to the fact that the noisy side is like a huge frat party, with loud music, fireworks and naked people. I am not kidding!
    We have camped on the quiet side and as long as we are not blaring music and running around all loud we will have no problem.
    Once I make the reservations for the campsites I will let you all know. At that point it will be your responsibility to call and reserve a canoe or raft. They tell me they book up fast, don't know that this is true we got two canoes on a Sat. with no problem. But that is up to you. If there is only one of you or more than one and want to do a raft let the group know so we can work something out. I don't know that reservations will be absolutely necessary, so use your own judgement on this one.

John, the campsite firerings are on the ground and are generally used with wood. We have however used both coal and wood to save money. They sell wood at the campsite and it is really expensive. If anyone knows of a place to get cheap or free firewood it would be so worth it. Bass makes a ton of money on their firewood and ice sales.
    If anyone else decides to come on Friday or someone is not listed for either day let me know so I can make sure we have enough campsites room. those in the not sure where to put you. Just let me know asap please.
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

23. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    due to the fact that the noisy side is like a huge frat party, with loud music, fireworks and naked people.

Thats a bad thing?

I'm still unsure of when I'll be there. For now mark me as not camping friday, hopefully I'll figure out how I want to do it in the next couple days. And I can bring some firewood, fireplace style, though I would prefer to scavenge if possible.

24. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    We could bring our grill if that would help out. And John, if you didn't want to haul the wood in your car we could take it in our van...

Where is Bass? I have no idea... :)

25. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    I have plenty of trunkspace to haul as much as I want, but my grandfather just sold his house with its infinite supply of firewood, so I will be limited to how much I can bring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.