St. Lou, MO Camping/Float trip anyone???

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by twilek69, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilek69 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    DarklordMark,
    Anyone is welcome. You would need to bring all your own supplies. Such as tent, sleeping bag, camp chair, food, etc.
    Let us know if you definitely plan to come.
  2. yodaismygod Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well no rain in the forecast between now and the trip. But this past sunday I floated the Meremac and we didn't have any problems with it being to low. So hopefully we won't have any problems.
  3. DarthShoey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Huzzah was good last week as well. Only had one spot where we dragged the canoe.
  4. twilek69 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Huh? My little brother floated the Huzzah last Sat. and said they had to drag quite a bit. He must of put in at a different place. Of course he is a complainer so that might of been why too. Dragging half the time actually could mean dragged once or twice. LOL! Either way we can keep an eye on the water levels and see where the best place to put in at and with Bass you have the choice of Huzzah, Courtois and Meramec. All I know is I am going to live in the river for the whole weekend. :D

Christine I keep meaning to call you about the food plan and I keep getting sidetracked. I will try and get hold of you on Friday or Saturday for sure.
  5. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I know there is a three day rule for weather, but the weather channel is forecasting temps in the high 80s, low 90s... so keep your fingers crossed. It is still high, but after what they are forecasting for this weekend, it will be positively chilly... :D
  6. DarthShoey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Nope only dragged in one spot, it was pretty nice.

Of course, there's been no rain since then.
  7. twilek69 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well let's all cross our fingers and hope that the rivers are high enough, so the canoes don't have to be dragged and the weather forecast is right and we do get high 80 degree weather. That would rock!!!
  8. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I, for one am so ready for a small break. No matter what the river is doing... Leash are you staying at the camp with me or floating?

And I was wondering when everyone is coming up? Friday or Saturday firm? (Just because I am nosy...lol.)
  9. twilek69 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I am so ready to get away. My house is closing in around me.
    Christine, I am going to stay back at camp because we will have the 3yr old with us. I am not ready to take her out on a boat. She would not sit still and as I am a complete beginner, it would not be fun. I worried the whole time with the 8 yr old, it would be worse with her.
    We will be going down Friday night. I guess we will come over to your house once Jeremy gets home and we are packed. Then we can caravan down to Bass.
  10. twilek69 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Christine and I came up with a menu of sorts.
    Breakfast Sat. Morning
    Eggs, bacon, donuts or muffins or danishes (these would hold us over til the eggs/bacon are done)

Lunch Sat.
    Chips, lunchmeat sandwiches, fruit maybe

Dinner Sat.
    Hamburgers, hotdogs, chips

Snack Sat.
    Smores and Jiffy pop (target has Jiffy pop in the $1.00 bins)

Breakfast Sun.
    donuts, muffins and or danishes

Lunch Sun.
    Anything left over

If you would like to go in with us on food let me or Christine know.

Also if anyone can bring firewood this will really cut down on our expenses as firewood is really expensive there.

Also if anyone has a small cd player/boombox they want to bring I will flip for the batteries. Just let me know what size and how many. We have lots of cd's we keep in the car, but they are mostly punk and hoosier rock (Van Halen, ACDC, etc.).

List of those going, please any chime in if you can't make it or if you are not on the list and plan to go.

-E-
    Christine and family
    Leash and family and dog
    Tim and Wife
    John
    Amy

We are probably going to need another campsite as Christine and I talked about the fact that we will have 7 tents on one site. And though Bass said it will fit 18-20 people, we might be on top of each other. I am going to call them in a.m. and will let you all know tomorrow.

11. yodaismygod Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Umm, do me a favor and don't count me in for food.
  12. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    We were not counting you or Tim in... I think someone else wanted to know what we were planning and that is why Leash posted the menu... :)
  13. twilek69 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    John, I didn't have you, Tim, Amy or -E- counted in for food, just for camping. I was just checking to see really if -E- or Amy wanted to go in with us on food. I remember you and Tim said you would do your own food. Why John what's wrong with our menu?? :p LOL!

I called and reserved another site for us. It is site 543, it is one site over from us. The site right next to us was taken. We can hang out at on site though. I though Christine and I would be on one site for sure since we are sharing food. We can figure out the rest when we get there.

Let me know if you have any questions, concerns, suggestions in the mean time.
  14. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Did they say our number of tents was too many for one site? I really hate to break the group up if that is not the case... (just my thought anyway, I am not trying to be pain :D )
  15. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
    My husband is coming too...I don't know if you need to know that, but he's an extra body. The two site thing is probably a good idea. We can still hang out at one and just sleep separetly. One site between us isn't that bad. We might need two fires to cook all our food anyway.

I just bought a bunch of stuff for Tim and I to eat the other day at the grocery store so we'll just take care of ourselves food wise. Besides, Tim's a typical man and he has to be the master of the fire and grill his own food.[face_laugh]

I was hoping to maybe come on Friday night too and just have Tim meet me on Saturday, but I forgot that we have tickets to the Grizzlies game Fri. night and we're meeting friends there. So, it'll still just be Saturday.
  16. twilek69 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I don't know if we will fit comfortably on one site. Plus when I thought about I, we will need two fire rings and each site only has one picnic table. I am going to call back though. After looking at the map there is another site next to one of ours that I think she overlooked. That way we would be actually next to each other. Sorry, I should of reserved two to begin with. Anyway, I will let you all know about the campsites.....again....(Sorry) tomorrow. It was my flub up and I feel I need to try and find two sites together.
  17. twilek69 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Okay, I called Bass and reserved 546 and 547. They are right next to each other, in the shade and we will have two campsites on our right but nothing directly on the left. We are even closer to the beach area too.

The forecast is looking better and better too. Yeah!
  18. DarthShoey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    O.K. I'm a downer, but I'm backing out and won't make it this weekend. I'll have to try next summer to get one going again. Sorry Charlies!!

Don't rub it in when you get back.

Leash - I don't know if that will help you with one campsite or not.
  19. twilek69 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Tim,
    We will miss you! :( I plan to go camping more this year, so I will let you know when we go again.

I went ahead and got the two sites anyway. They are right next to each other and cost the same either way. This way we will not be on top of each other.
  20. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
    Tim, you suck...uh...well you know what you suck. LOL! We'll have to do this again in October. But Kim will be pretty huge then. So next summer then.;)
  21. yodaismygod Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah Tim, what makes you think we are going to let you back out now? I think somebody who lives near him needs to drop by and kidnap him.
  22. twilek69 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    If we're going to kidnap Tim, let's grab a few other people too.
    If we're going to get in trouble, might as well go all out.
    LOL!

Jeremy took Cordi last night to get swim shoes. She got Barbie of course and wanted to wear them all night. The kids are almost more excited than I am. LOL!

Amy, she asked about Jules last night again. She keeps calling her Julesy and I keep correcting her. It's quite cute!
  23. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
    Leash, we call her Julesy too, so that's probably where she got that. In fact when people ask her what her name is, she usually says it's Julesy.
  24. DARKLORDMARK Jedi Youngling

Hey, guys sounds like a great idea to keep cool. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time, but it sounds like you'll be having a blast so enjoy, and I'll make doubly sure to go to the next get together of jedi minds.
  25. -E- Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm looking foward to this and all; however now that we're getting close to the big day I'm starting to wish that I'd, you know, worked out some this summer.

*sigh* Bathing suits. *sigh*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.