main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Camping for Tix???

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by PolloDiablo, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PolloDiablo

PolloDiablo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    i'm really eager to get all the details worked out as to where and when everyone is getting tickets. If the tickets do go on sale this Thursday how early is everybody going to line up? And is anyone going to camp out the night before? I camped for TPM tix and it was a great experience, so I'd probably be willing to do it again.

2. PolloDiablo

Apr 24, 2002
    I really want to get this line organized; maybe if everyone posts their final thoughts as to where and how early they are going to start lining up we can get a group thing going.

3. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Well, in all actuality, no matter what date they choose, there is nothing I can do.

This is my last week of class, and I have finals beginning next Wednesday, and ending the following Tuesday (two days before AOTC). I can't drive to Houston to get tickets in the next two weeks.

I'm going to have to rely on online sales [face_plain] or send my mother out to get me tickets. Hmm...I have a bad feeling about this.

4. Vadersnoghri

Vadersnoghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    I just got off the phone with 2 amc theaters, gulf point and dunvale, and they dont know anything, just to tryo and call back Thursday, but they could sell tickets 3 days in advance, and to make matters worse, the girl told me that the only movie she knew of selling early was spiderman. Cinemark( Webster, and Weschase) said that they wont know till a week before the movie comes out. It sound like that none of the theaters know what is going on.

5. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    They don't. And I can't blame them. Lucasfilm has not released any info for anyone to have any idea what's going on. Without that official word, all we have is rumors...

6. Vadersnoghri

Mar 18, 2002
    Well that is great. I was looking forward to getting them early. Any idea when LUCASFILM will let us know so that we can get our tickets. I already am picking up tickets for other people, and of course it would help since some of us go to school and work. Well I guess it is back to the old waiting game. Thanks Queenie.
    I also think I am now just going to go to Gulf Point 30 since it looks like most people want to go there, and since it will be very busy.

7. Andu_Spinx

Andu_Spinx Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    Yeah, it would be nice if Lucasfilm would tell people these things. They get on my nerves sometimes.

8. PolloDiablo

Apr 24, 2002
    I just read on another post that Edwards Cinema on 6/10 is going to be selling tickets tomorrow?!?! Can anybody confirm this, or has anyone heard about ticket sales at the AMC theaters? I'm freaking out here, I was really looking forward to camping like i did for TPM, or atleast getting some kind of line organized in the Houston area. How early is everyone planning on getting in line? That is if we even have one.

9. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Tomorrow? What is that?!

If we don't have an official word soon, this chaos will only increase. I am going to be pretty darn upset if I go to class one day and come home to find out that tickets randomly went on sale, without prior notice. I am being optimistic, however, in assuming that will not happen.

Since I have to rely on getting tickets online or sending my mother out to Gulf Pointe 30, I better have a warning and be prepared.

I have NO idea what Lucasfilm is doing with this. Come on.

10. Vadersnoghri

Mar 18, 2002
    I spoke to the people at gulf point 30 today. The girl said to call Thursday. But she sounded like she did not know anything. I am sure that you understand what I am saying.

11. exthx

exthx Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2002
    My girlfriend called the Edward's 24 on 6/10,
    it seems like they 'll start selling tickets tomorrow, Wednesday.
    I thought i would let you know.
    The seats are great, the sound 's great,
    and the theatre is really cool.
    This would be my suggestion for the opening, reply and tell me what ya think about Edward's 24

12. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    edwards marq*e sounds great...but tickets go on sale on wednesday? thats alittle too soon...but if they go on sale...then ill be there with pollodiablo...i guess. i guess he will call tomorrow to find out whats going on. hopefully his internet will be working tomorrow cause damn road runner has be acting up. so hopefully he can keep you posted on that one.

13. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    I talked to Tinsletown and they said they were probably going to start selling tickets on Thursday or Friday. I swear... nobody knows what's going on! I wish Lucasfilm would just give us some info!!!

14. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    What is the Gulf Pointe 30 phone number? Is it on the AMC website?

15. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Okay, so I just called AMC Gulf Pointe 30 and Cinemark Webster. The former told me the same...that they know nothing b/c they are still waiting for that official word, to call back next week, and they will go on sale at least 3 days in advance.

Cinemark told me they don't know anything and to check back in a week or two (yeah right - the movie comes out in two weeks). //rolleyes

Cinemark Pasadena doesn't believe in answering the telephone.

16. PolloDiablo

Apr 24, 2002
    It doesn't make any sense that different theaters would be selling tickets at different times, you would think there would be some kind of control over this.

17. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    This is really ridiculous, how can nobody know about the ticket sales when the movie is coming out in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!! Tinsletown @ The Woodlands seems to think that they are going to be selling tickets either Thursday or Friday though. Don't they know what their doing to us????

Actually, they probably do know what they are doing to us. Maybe they are doing it just to drive us nuts because they know that they can play with our minds!

18. Darthmusic

Darthmusic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    I posted on the one of the other threads that I don't believe tickets will be on sale at Tinsletowns this Thursday. If they are one of the managers I know will be shocked. He said they have no word except maybe a week before. With Spiderman coming out that is the only one he knows of with tickets being on sell early. That's 6 Tinsletowns and 2 AMC that have no clue what's going on.

19. BabyPadme

Apr 28, 2002
    we found out from a reliable source that tickets arent going on sale anytime this week.
    *MAYBE!!!*

20. BabyPadme

Apr 28, 2002
    does anyone know of any websites or forums, other then starwars.com, where i can find more houston fans to join our group?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.