main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Camping out to view the Rose Parade - Parade Pictures!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediVixen, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Awesome Awesome Awesome!!! That was Awesome!
    I want to link that to my MySpace page! But I don't know how! I was in the very last frame doing a CMB thumbsup!

2. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    There's an area there on YouTube with "embed" code. Copy that, go to your edit profile in MySpace, go into the text area for "About Me" or "I'd Like to Meet," paste the code there, preview -- you sometimes have to clean up some extra code -- save and check!

3. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    That video was awesome! Much better than KTLA coverage! JR, you looked awesome!

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    There is also a way to grab video off of YouTube and save it to your hard drive to play anytime. You need to go to www.keepvid.com to insert the YouTube address for the video save it with a .flv extention then it will play once you also download for free a flash video (.flv file) player. It works for other types of videos too. Check it out and if you have questions let me know.

5. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm not going to let this Rose Parade thread die! I'm going to stretch out my "15 minutes" as long as I can!
    As JediVixen pointed out to me at the party last night, the Official Site posted up a Rose Parade review video. I have two close ups! There's also one of SR, carrying his flag!

It was nice to hear all of your support of us at last nights party too. I'm proud of everyone's participation in the Rose Parade activities, either marching, decorating, watching on Colorado Blvd, or watching on TV. It's all good.

6. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    JR
    Glad that you saw the video - you had 2 closeups? Missed the 2nd one have to watch it again.

And I can say on behalf of everyone - we are proud of you and SR for all you did in the parade. Training, marching and representing fandom so wonderfully!!

7. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
  8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Wow. I didn't think anyone would part with that. :eek:

9. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I think the figures were extras that were auctioned off for charity. I think the band got the figures too, I'm surprised that they aren't selling theirs.

In continuing Rose Parade news, Hyperspace is running a story on the "Hero Squad" of which I was a part of. One of the pictures used is mine! It's the one of the Rebel Pilot's family. There's also a story about the Flag Party of which SR was a part of. There is an image of all the flags and the name of the person carrying them. SR is named!! EDIT2 - I just noticed that there's a half-picture of SR in one of the photos!! I tried to take a pic of SR when we were lined up and waiting, but I couldn't find him. I didn't know he was transferred to the Flag Party.

10. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    JR, I'm Hasketting this thread to ask a question -- did you have your picture taken in costume at the FIDM SW exhibition, with a bunch of other costumed "characters?"

11. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks for the heads up on that JR. I made SW.com!

12. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I don't remember taking a group picture with the rest of the "costumed characters". My memory is taking me to a group picture next to the X-wing, but that was the LAFF picture.
    There is one picture that stands out in my mind of that night though:
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/Gallery/albums/JediRacers-Gallery/MeNGeorge.jpg]

13. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm pretty sure this is you. You're in a picture in "Ornament" magazine, standing with everyone (Chrissy and the rest) in front of the FIDM x-wing. If the picture was bigger I would scan it, but it's kinda small. I'll have to show it to you sometime.

14. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Ornament magazine? What is that? Maybe we did take a group photo. I don't remember. I was the only Rebel Fleet Trooper at the Gala Opening. It must've been me then.

15. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    It's a magazine that showcases wearable art, jewelry, etcetera. There's an article in it about the FIDM costumes and Trisha Biggar's designs, etcetera.

Actually, the picture in the magazine is like this, only different:

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/Bucketless-331x243.jpg]

It's definitely you :).

16. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Why yes, that is me. I think I had my memory wiped shortly after that picture was taken.
    Thanks VK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.