main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Camping to Endor Revisited

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Sionnach_Dearg, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sionnach_Dearg

Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    After some discussion with my mom this morning about free times to go up to the cabin, it looks like the best time would be either the second or third weekend in June, that is, the weekend of friday the 13th or the weekend of friday the 20th. Sunday the 15th is Father's Day, just in case that is a consideration for you in taking some time away. I'm putting this out here now because I think it would really be great if we could get this thing off the ground, and since people have been asking ;) Couldn't remember if those dates interfered with anything else, so let me know!

2. Vills-Kavic

Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    Well, the main thing for me is to be given enough time to get off work. Aside from that, I am very happy to go along! Count me in, as long as I am aware of the dates that we're planning on going on.

-Vills

3. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    The third weekend is a better bet for us. Chris being a dad probably wants to be with his daughter on Father's Day.

4. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Oig. The problem for me is that I have a family engagement for Saturday the 21st of June, in Port Moody. If I can get some details on the place and directions, I could concievably come for one night, but regardless, we're going to need some more info... where is your family's cabin? how does one get there? what are we going to need to ring: tents, bedding, food, campstove...? It's all in the details. :)

Appreciate hearing what's what. :)

*Derisa*

5. Sionnach_Dearg

May 16, 2002
    Details. Right ::slaps hand:: bad girl, left everyone confused. Okay, the cabin is on Gambier Island, which is about half an hour by boat from Horseshoe Bay in North Vancouver, and just before the Sunshine Coast. There are two ways to get there, either go on the ferry from Swartz Bay to Tsawassen, then through Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay, or take the Nanaimo ferry to Horseshoe Bay. it's best, either way, if you walk on the ferry, since parking in Horseshoe Bay is at a premium, and can be difficult to find at the last minute. From Horseshoe bay you can get a water taxi (a boat capable of carrying 16-40 people + gear and whatnot) to Carmello Point, which is where my cabin is. As long as you piggyback on a sceduled run (which is not hard to do, especially as we get closer and closer to summer) it is about $15 per person each way. As long as I know when people are coming, even if they're arriving seperate from me ;) I can arrange that part, or I can give you the # and you can arrange.

As far as amenities at the property, we have cabins capable of sleeping a reasonable sized group, depending on how cozy said group is, and there's space to set up a tent if anyone would prefer that route. There's cold running water, but not hot, and the toilet facilities are outdoors. No showers and such, but lots of ocean to swim in, and it's not very salty at all. If you feel the despreate need for an actual freshwater shower, there is a shower stall and a solar shower which can be set up. We would have to bring our own food, but there is a cool cupboard, and a propane fridge, as well as a propane stove and a barbeque, and of course all the basic dry goods like flour and rice, etc. cans of stuff too, if we got desperate. oh yes, and lots of forest to run around and be crazy in, of course, and boats to paddle about in.

any other questions I haven't addressed, just throw them on over!

-the wild fox

6. Sionnach_Dearg

May 16, 2002
    update!!

Looks like it's gonna be the weekend of the 20th, so that would be leaving victoria friday morning the 20th, returning sunday evening the 22nd.

post a note if you intend to come so I have numbers please!

The presently purple one

7. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Well, I'd love to, ut the family thing is going till late, and it doesn't seem worth my money to go over for a few hours on Sunday. I also have to jucggle the delivery of my children to and from their dads', so... I'm sorry, but you'll have to count me out for this one, this time. :(

*Derisa*

8. Vills-Kavic

Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    I am going to try my best to come, the only limiting factor will be some minor disaster at work requiring me to be there. *crosses fingers and toes against that happening*

So, count me in! :D

-Vills

9. C4-One25

C4-One25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    I have requested the time off....we'll see what happens from there....apparently I am a slave to the corporate greed.

10. Sionnach_Dearg

May 16, 2002
    Well, as the time is swift approaching (this weekend even) it's time to let me know who is coming so I can book our water taxi. Anyone who is planning to come please PM me or post here!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

The Foxy One

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.