main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Camping to Endor

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Gesh_Bomil, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gesh_Bomil

Gesh_Bomil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Even though i'm many miles away, i was wondering what everyone would think about a camping trip? I'm all for it and i know Rani and Derisa have lots of camping stuff. Just an idea because when i get back (whenever i get back) i know i'm going camping anyway's a few times and would like to share a weekend with everyone. Ideas? Hornby Island? Tofino? Sooke?

Gesh

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I am trying to take a trip out there but I
    do not know if it is going to happen this year. I love camping !!!

3. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Great idea, Gesh! There's lots of places we could go: the Island being a camper's paradise and all...)

Sionnach's family has a cabin (somewhere...?) and she spent some of her hols there... she was talking about having us up there sometime, which might work out... details, Sionnach?

Yes, Rani and I have between us lotsa tents and bedding, and a complete (and we mean *complete*) camp kitchen. Furthermore, we have a tonne of experience camping in comfort, (and in costume). :)

More discussion for sure! I'll ask Rani to add it to our next meeting's agenda.

*Derisa*

4. Sionnach_Dearg

Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    We've got a chunk of land on Gambier Island (it's in Howe Sound near Bowen, in the background of "The Beachcombers" if you're familiar with that "classic") and it's available pretty much any time of year, although as it gets closer to summer we would have to check for conflicting useage scedules. There are both cabins with cold running water and privvies, and room for putting up a tent, depending on your preference and who else is there at the time, as well as lots of great opportunities for swimming (if the water's warm enough, usually May to September or so) hiking, and boating.

Wow, now I'm sounding like a commercial for my own place.

The only drawback is the time it takes to get there (approx. 6 hours from Victoria) and the cost (ferry fare and water taxi) but if people are seriously interested in setting aside a weekend and about $25 or so each way, I could easily set it up.

5. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    You rock, Fox! Thanks for that info.

We'll definitely talk more about that at the next meeting, and for sure lay plans for another trip when Gesh gets back.

*Derisa*

6. Gesh_Bomil

Gesh_Bomil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Wow, camping with a cabin nearby and near the place where they filmed "Beachcombers"! be still my beating heart! I LOVED that show in my younger days. I heard the cafeteria is still open and doing buisness. Great idea. I should be home in May but my wife has claimed me for at least a week, maybe longer...hee hee. I have a proper honeymoon to plan with her too for late May/early June.

Any other ideas out there for other weekends. Variety is the spice of life after all. Let me know what comes out of the meeting with regards to this please. Thanks.

Gesh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.