main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Camping Trip: June 11-13, 2010

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Taeriel, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X-Darksaber

X-Darksaber Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2010
    What ever is easiest. Additional images would be great, Thank you.

-X.D.

2. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    okay, alison I have booked 58 for myself and friends and 60 for debbie/501st.since 60 is a small site it will be perfect for her. she is bringing couple of her school kids with her. also she has huge double canopy10 by 20 so that she can set it up and cook at my site. also, u have to remind people that fire wood is not supplied by campsite and must be brought in by everyone or bought at the ranger station or store.so, please everyone, you must bring fire wood for evening get togethers around the fire.

3. irishjedimaster

irishjedimaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2010
    I have gone ahead and reserved space 65 for the four of us, for 2 nights.

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Great! It sounds like we're probably all set. This will be so much fun!

I've uploaded two more pictures of site 65 showing the potential tent areas: 65c and 65d.

5. X-Darksaber

Mar 6, 2010
    RE: tent site images...

How did we go from Endor to Dagobah???

check out 65c and compare to this

-X.D.

6. irishjedimaster

irishjedimaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2010
    Spot on, chewy. Spot on.

7. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Endor is only a few short minutes of hiking from Dagobah. Think of it as a quick hyperspace jump. It's two Star Wars planets for the price of one!

Luckily, this verson of Dagobah will be a bit less damp in June, and lacks aquatic, droid-snatching critters. Or at least I didn't see any during my scout-I guess we will find out.

8. X-Darksaber

Mar 6, 2010
    Aside from undergoing Jedi training with a reclusive master, or destroying the Death Star shield generator, do we have any planned group activities? I.E. Star Wars screenings on a portable, Trip to boardwalk, planning global takeovers?

-X.D.

9. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Good question.

I think that some of the costume people might do some on-location photo shoots with their costumes. Other people are talking about hiking. As you point out, the Boardwalk is there and available for people who want to do an amusement park or the beach instead. Some people might be interested in the train that goes from the park down to the boardwalk. There has been talk of campfires and marshmallow roasting.

But for the most part, we haven't really planned out activities yet. I would guess that we'll have everyone throw out ideas and people can pick and choose what they want to do.

10. X-Darksaber

Mar 6, 2010
    Can we roast more than marshmallows?

I call for a group ride on the Big Dipper.

Oh and I am pretty sure that we may do some table top gaming at our campsite if anyone is interested.

-X.D.

11. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Sure, one can roast almost anything around a campfire. As long as it isn't flammable. :D

I imagine that not everyone will be going down to the boardwalk, but the Big Dipper certainly is a favorite ride for a lot of people. I think it would be fun to do a separate day trip to the Boardwalk. The group had one back in 2005 and it was lots of fun.

12. X-Darksaber

Mar 6, 2010
    How about Ewoks? :D

A Santa Cruz trip would be fun, maybe we should talk about that in the events thread.

If anyone is open for table top gaming, please send me a message on what systems you are familiar with.

-X.D.

13. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Not Ewoks! :eek:[face_shame_on_you]

A Santa Cruz boardwalk trip is already in the first post of the activities thread, under day trips, beach, amusement parks. I just didn't call it out by name. ;)

14. X-Darksaber

Mar 6, 2010
    But Ewoks are tasty and good with corn on the cobb. Or on buns with some melted mozzarella and a hefeweizen.[face_skull]

Good call on the other thread, totally missed that one.[face_blush]

-X.D.

15. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    So no paper mache Darth Vader then?

[face_thinking]

16. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    As long as the paper mache Darth Vader is combustible (ie burns like paper or wood) and not flammable (ie something like lighter fluid or alcohol - boom)... *shrug* I don't actually know if the parks have a rule for that one.

Though, you do remind me that I had a far better idea for what to do with a SW paper mache figure. I just don't know if I'll have time to make one.

17. X-Darksaber

Mar 6, 2010
    Can we burn Qui-Gon? I'll bring a stereo so we can play the funeral music from Ep. 1.

-X.D.

18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I wanna have fin on the camping trip, not cry! :_| ;)

19. X-Darksaber

Mar 6, 2010
    But burning things is fun. :D

-X.D.

20. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Actually, Steve Sansweet has what remains of Qui-Gon. No, really!

:eek:

21. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    I just heard about this. I'd really like to come for both days.

22. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I just found out that I got Friday off so I will be able to join you guys for both nights.

23. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Anne - I've added you to the confirmed list. Glad to have you join us!

Rachel - I've updated your status to include Friday night.

24. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Attendance status(updated 3/26)

confirmed:
    Eva, her brother and Angelica (site 58 )
    Matt
    Dale
    Don +2 (RL) - Fri night only
    Alison
    Rachel
    Russ and Gaby (site 65)
    Darksaber + 1 (site 65)
    Debi and kids (2?) (501st) (site 60)
    JediZabrak (Lloyd) + 1 (Sunrider)
    Ciscotiger (RL)
    skye_solo
    Ming

tentative:
    nebelwerfer
    Scott and Jessica
    Kathy
    Shea (RL)

total confirmed Friday night: 22
    total confirmed Sat night: 19

Camping sites:
    58 - Eva has reserved this site. She, her brother and Angelica will be staying here. There will be space for additional people from the group. Park rules allow an additional 5 people.

Site 60 - Eva has reserved this site for Debi and her kids.

Site 62 - I have reserved this site for the group. I will be staying here, and park rules allow for another 7 people.

Site 65 - Russ, Gaby, X-Darksaber and his wife have reserved this site for themselves.

At the moment we still have enough slots for all the confirmed people per the campground rules of 8 per site. However, it is starting to get full. We are now at 15 people for the two common sites (58 and 62), which are allowed by generic rule to hold a maximum of 8 each for a total of 16 people. Please remember - just because we are allowed to have 8 people does not mean the site is guaranteed to fit 8 comfortably!

Given the current numbers (8 people at one site and 7 at the other), we should decide whether people want to maximize the number of people per site (less money) or spread out a little (more space and privacy, but more money).

Here is the regular pricing would be for each option:
    2 sites with 15 people = $10.40 / person for 2 nights
    3 sites with 15 people = $15.60 / person for 2 nights

I believe Eva has a discount on her site, and she has offered to spread the savings to the common sites. I need to double check the numbers with her, but I think this would put the costs at:
    2 sites with 15 people = $8.07 / person for 2 nights
    3 sites with 15 people = $13.27 / person for 2 nights

With a third common site we could spread out a little more, have room for more tents, and not pack people in as closely. It would also leave a little room for any of the tentative people who decide to come. There are still some sites available near ours: 56 is next to Eva's site and 57 is across the way from it. Looking at my notes, I noted the following for those sites:

56. Has a long pull in area, slightly sloped but not too bad. The site is forested but a little bit more open to the sun than 55. Also a bit more open to view from the road. There is an area for a small-medium sized tent that is back behind the picnic table.

57. Has a long pull in area that is fairly flat. it?s forested with a canopy, so not a lot of direct sunlight. Behind the picnic table and to the left there is an open area for a medium sized tent.

Please post your opinions on this!

25. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    Yay Alison and yay Rachel!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.