main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Camping Trip, The Movie

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Ariadnae1, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Okay everyone. We made enough money at the garage sale to pay for the camping spots for the annual camping trip.

Now all we need is a head count. I am thinking we can all get into to campsites, but I do need a head count.

When is the camping trip, July 21-24. A few of us are going up on the 21st, which is a thursday, and I think everyone else will be up on the 22. WE are only allowed 2 cars per spot, so if we need to car pool, just post and let us know, we will get you a ride.

Please, even if you have said you are going, please post and just solidify it again. I would like to reserve the spots ASAP, so buy friday or saturday I would love a final total.

This is going to be fun so I hope everyone can attend.

Jenny and I will be coming and will be going up thursday afternoon.

2. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Alan and I are going, and we'll leave Thursday morning as well.

3. spiralpadawan

spiralpadawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    As far as I can tell, I will be coming Friday.

4. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    I am going up for sure, but I'm not for sure which day yet....

5. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Oops!!

I said Thursday "morning," when actually it will probably be more like "afternoon."

6. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    Just want to remind everyone, the camping trip is less than 2 months away. I hope everyone is excited as Laura and I are about it.

I hope no one is faint of heart. We are going to be camping where BEARS are in the area!!! This should be most excellent. If we see one, I expect Adam and Heber to kill it, skin it, and make some nice winter clothes with it. [-o|

See everyone at the next meeting, hopefully.

Erin

7. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    Hey everyone. The camping trip is one month from tomorrow. How excited are we??? Do we have a final head count yet?
    Does everyone have the gear they need??

I hope we see a bear!!!!

8. Jedi-Nads

Jedi-Nads Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    hope everyone has fun! i wish i could go witcha. i'm trying to picture bear wrestling but it's hard to imagine a bear with a bikini.

9. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    I found a generic recipe online for making your own trail mix, so I thought I'd share it with all of you in case you wanted to make your own batch. I made a bag-full over the weekend, and it's pretty good!

To make your own trail mix, mix together EQUAL PARTS of the following ingredients:
    dried fruit
    nuts or seeds (shelled, of course!)
    chocolate/coconut/caramel, etc.
    something salty (pretzels, goldfish, Gardhettos, etc.)
    dry breakfast cereal

Try to get a good balance between salty & sweet, and crunchy & chewy. Also, if you can be colorful, that helps.

I used 2 cups of each ingredient, and I filled up a 1 gallon Ziploc bag! Here's what I used:
    dried mangoes
    macadamia nuts
    vanilla baking chips (1 cup) & butterscotch baking chips (1 cup)
    New York Deli roasted garlic bagel crisps
    all bran wheat Chex cereal

It's pretty good, but I have to keep it in the fridge to keep the chips from melting. Try and make some and bring it to the campout!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.