main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Camping Trip

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Ariadnae1, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Okay everybody. It is time to think about the camping trip for this year. Yes it will not be until July, but at the April meeting, we are planning on discussing it some more, and picking a date.

It was also discussed that we might use some of the garage sale money to pay for the sites. Everyone in attendance to the meeting was in agreement. If anyone isn't, just let us know. I think it would be good, and should make us want to strive and do really well this year.

I guess this thread it just to get everyone as happy as laura and myself about going camping. We can't wait. Would everyone who wants to go please post in here and let us know.

Thanks guys,

Erin

2. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    I want to go camping, as long as Erin shuts her pie hole about me snoring. That's just not cool. I mean, I don't give her crap about how bad her feet stink- Uh, oops!

P.S. Looks like I'll have to re-grow my lumberjack beard.

3. spiralpadawan

spiralpadawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    Count me in... I love camping!

*dreaming of smores already*

4. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Thanks for posting about the camping trip, Erin. You beat me to it!!

YES - I am totally psyched about camping. I think we should use this thread to throw around some ideas about where we'll go, when it will be, and what we'll do.

I like the Buffalo campground, but I am also open to other places. Where ever we go, however, MUST have - um - facilities. I agree with Erin on that one!! The facilities can be crude, but at least they'll be better than a tree. We girls have a bit of a problem with that, you know!! ;)

Last srping, my parents and Alan and I camped in a beautiful place near Salmon, ID, right on the Salmon River. I wouldn't tube on that river - too rough - but it was beautiful to watch and listen to the flowing river all night long. Just a suggestion.

5. Jedi-Nads

Jedi-Nads Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    i wanna come, too. hopefully, it will quit snowing by then!

6. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Dude, you're gonna be like those cartoon charaters that has the cloud hanging over your head, gettin' snowed on. For the rest of your life. I have foreseen it.

7. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Saturday I bought this huge, cube cooler that can hold 90 - count 'em - 90 cans of beverage!!

This cooler also has wheels to roll it around on, and a handle to drag it with. COOL!!

I can't wait until we go camping!!

8. spiralpadawan

Feb 1, 2005
    can you tell me the dates again?

9. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    We will talk about this friday Melisa. We will know the days and hopefully about the cost. YIPEEEEEEE.

10. spiralpadawan

Feb 1, 2005
    Great! Thanks! I'll bring my calendar.

11. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    OK - Who's bringing a CD player/jambox to the campout? We need some tunes to rock to!!

Erin - I want to hear more of this band that you call Cake.

If someone could bring the player, then perhaps the club could pay for some batteries.

12. spiralpadawan

Feb 1, 2005
    I'll bring the boom box, I've got a big one. I'll get it to you guys the week before since you're going up early. Just remind me.

13. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Thanks, Melissa.

I would offer one of ours, but they're both dead. The cat, in her zeal to jump up onto our bedroom window sill, jumped on top of our jambox first and knocked it onto the floor, denting one of the speakers and ruining the volume control.

Our other player in the office mysteriously crapped out on us lately, so we're 0-2 with CD players right now!!

14. Jedi-Nads

Jedi-Nads Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    to go with your boom box, Adam and I will bring all the happy little death metal you can stand. And, no, we won't be pullin a Casey singin Star Wars songs all the way up there. That plane ride was rough.

15. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    I heard death metal is really good for scaring bears off. And Sasquatch and Nessie and stuff like that.

16. spiralpadawan

Feb 1, 2005
    I'm guessing death metal will probably scare off all of God's creatures! lol. Here's to hoping it frightens the bugs off too.

How close will the other campers be to our little spaces?

17. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    What?!?! No John Denver?!?! :confused:

18. spiralpadawan

Feb 1, 2005
    You're right... it's not camping without a little "take me home country roads..."

19. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    John Denver's pretty scary, but I heard somewhere his music is actually black magic that conjures up soul-sucking zombies from Mechanisburg, PA. Better safe than sorry, I guess.

20. spiralpadawan

Feb 1, 2005
    you MUST be right! John hasn't had nearly the same effect on me since my conversion! lol.

21. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    If anyone brings country music, I will personally kill you. Country music is from the devil, and I do not want him on my camp out. Having Heber and Adam with their butt rock will do just fine though.

22. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    What? We can't listen to Willie Nelson while we sit around the fire?!

I'm not a country fan, either, but sometimes I gotta listen to Willie!! He transcends all musical categories.

A pot of beans cooking over the fire, a cold beer, and nothing but the starry sky and Willie. It doesn't get much better than that. ;)

23. spiralpadawan

Feb 1, 2005
    now technically isn't John Denver folk music? lol.

I'm good with loud stuff... gets me going in the morning.

*thinking about smores... man July is FAR away!*

24. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Willie ain't too bad. I dig Johnny Cash. Most of those old country dudes are pretty bad@$$.

As far as the pot of beans goes, maybe you guys should think about that a little 'fore you go stinkin' up the great outdoors.

25. dead_jedi666

dead_jedi666 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    Yeah, I agree with RABIDJAWA. Johnny Cash rocks! He Is The original goth boy! I especially like his version of NIN's 'Hurt' and DepecheMode's 'Personal Jesus'. Anyways, I have tons of death metal, so if you guys think you need any to scare all gods creatures away...let me know. :)
    --Ban country music to prevent inbreeding--

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.