main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can anyone be pure evil??

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Arwen-Jade_Kenobi, Aug 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnforcerSG

EnforcerSG Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2001
    I doubt that a person for their whole life is completely evil, but at times there in questionable persons lives that they are probably truly evil. It is possible, but rare if it has happened at all. When they thought about an action, knew it was wrong, and did it anyway. They may regret it later, but that does not change the fact that (in that scenario) for that time, they were IMHO truly evil.

Well, I defined love as "a feeling that makes you want another person to be happy and the actions to back it up." Maybe evil is the opposite, "a feeling of wanting to make other person/persons unhappy, and the actions to back it up."

Hitler? Well, his feelings for improving the world directly relied on the unhappiness (to say the least) of many people, so that in my book is evil. Same can be said of other people on that list above. It was IMHO more like "we must kill the Jews to make it a better world" rather than "to make it a better world, we must kill the Jews." (slight diffrence, but I hope it gets my point accross).

2. Adelaide

Adelaide Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    The Bible was written by a MAN, Darth Brooks..

a MAN....

Actually, uhmm....it went thru hundreds and hundreds of years and so, uh, it wasn't, uhmm...written by a man. :D It was written by men...

NEwayz, I've 2 questions, one is Do you believe in the Bible. Two is, if not, why did you capitailze it? ?[face_plain]

And lastly, I heard in JBQ that the Bible was written by men but the men were inspired by God....or something like that. Someone gotta know what I mean...

3. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    Nobody is purely evil, nobody is purely good, unless you're watching Fantasy/SF.

Obviously you haven't known too many women. Some are pure evil.........

4. _Darth_Brooks_

_Darth_Brooks_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2000
    "There are no absolutes in this world... but there will always be people trying to convince us, for their own selfish ends, that absolutes are something we should subscribe to."

Paraphrase: There are absolutely no absolutes.

I think you just cancelled yourself out there.

On what authority are you able to assert there are no absolutes?

5. _Darth_Brooks_

Sep 27, 2000
    Devilanse,

You wrote:

"The Bible was written by a MAN, Darth Brooks..

a MAN....

Wake up and smell the mind control.

Organized religion is madness."

LOL. ( Good heartedly...)

My friend, you are speaking to someone who once thought as yourself. I once mocked Christians and laughed at them. And if anyone had reason to be angry with God it was me.

Then, my life was literally saved by this "myth" Jesus Christ.

I have encountered and battled the demonic, witnessed miracles I doubt you would believe, miracles of a Biblical proportion and magnitude. I have heard the voice of Christ. There are even eye-witnesses to experiences.

These words are probably wasted. You simply think it's some poor attempt at justification, or delusional, or what not, or maybe you deep down know it to be true.

The truth is the truth, and it is sad so many in this world are incapable of recognizing it even when it's right in front of them. Even speaking to them.

It's in plain sight. It's not a secret. I'm not unique.

Christians are telling about hearing from the Lord and of His manifest miracles everyday. There's no shortage.

Yet, you, who have no experience, no authority, try to tell those of us who verifiably know better we are fools.

The travesty here is that someone may read your words and think that you actually know what you are speaking of. You do not.

When, and if, you choose to humble yourself, and seek for The Lord, you will hear from Him. Until then, God bows to no man.

You can't fight God, your arms aren't long enough.

Evil is real. God is real. The first Commandment is real.

Is there "pure" evil? I think the word "pure" is inappropriate, but there is an evil so terrible and real it will make your very body convulse.

Are there evil people? Certainly.

6. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Don't be too fast to say Jesus saved humanity through is sacrifice. The numbers of those who shall be saved is quoted in the Apocalypse : 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Juda, which makes a total of 144,000 humans who shall have earned their salvation by the Christ when the end comes. In a world in which more than a hundred billion humans have lived and died, this does not make really good odds, even for those of us who live by the letter of Christianism here...

7. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    I can't prove god doesn't exist, Darth Brooks.

BUT YOU CAN'T PROVE GOD DOES EXIST. :D

Battled the demonic? Like how? I'm interested in knowing this. Its easy for you to say "Ohhh, you think we christians are fools...but you don't know the power....of the dark si...." oops! HEHE....but you see where I'm going with this, right?

If god is so freaking good and merciful....what is god planning to do about those who have murdered in his name? What about that one? Thou shalt not kill? It should read...Thou shalt not kill unless its ok with the church, right?

What does this say about our country? ONE NATION...UNDER GOD! This country has bombed the crap out of weddings thought to be terrorist meetings!

LOL. Just recently in the last couple of years...the Pope pardoned Galileo for heresy. How nice. Thank you, god!

:D

Pure evil? The most evil thing you can do is try to control someone. Religion is control. I know, I know...there are actual GOOD people who follow Christ. You are no doubt one of them. I, however, will continue to take personal responsibility for my actions, and not blame the devil.

As always, the preceeding is only a matter of opinion.

:D

8. Master-Aries

Master-Aries Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2002
    Good Day to you all

First lets look at evil itself, what is evil.

As one man would say

One mans food is another mans poison.

Evil exists in all of us, it is a necessary point of mans evolution, needed for self preservation and the continued existence for all man kind.

Why? What one person considers evil another considers progress, ?evil? has always been seen as the epitome of the lowest of the low, why because if one did not, we all would have wiped each other out a long time ago.

September 11 seen as an evil attack on the US by ?unknown?. Is it evil because people died or is it because your life style has been threaded, therefore progression has again reared its ugly head.

But on the other side of the coin, children are used to manufacture soccer balls for your kids to play with, is this not considered evil, is evil only what we want to see and believe in, to further ones own beliefs?

Evil resides in us all, if one wishes to believe that or not, we all posses the tendency to choose the dark side of the force, but it is that dark side that maintains a fine balance for all.

Why because good can in itself be the death of a people, because change and progress are absent. To say that an individual is more evil that another raises the question again how does one quantify evil, as what is more evil than evil itself or the absence thereof.

There is no source of evil as there is no source of good, but evil as well as good seek each other out as there is comfort in numbers, true evil is not knowing, if it is evil or good that confronts you.

Can one truly say that the intensions of the US government with the impending attack on Iraq, are good by nature, or is there an evil agenda lurking in the background, this to me is a frightening thing not knowing if evil is the motive for the US government.

Sincerely

Master-Aries (god of war)
    [face_devil]

9. _Darth_Brooks_

Sep 27, 2000
    LordBan,

I would suggest you reread Revelations regarding the 144,000. You seem to have those specific individuals confused with the numberless multitude also mentioned.

We are given no number whatsoever for those who will be saved from Hell through Christ's reparation of sin, which was indeed for the entire world.

This is off topic, however I felt it was important to try to help you get more accurate information and a better understanding.

Rev. 7:9 "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in there hands."

This verse follows immediately on the heels of the verses describing the 144,000. See Rev. Chapter 7.

Throughout history individuals have repeatedly taken the verses of the 144,000 out of context. Read for yourself.

If you wish to discuss this further, please PM me and we can discuss it privately or in a more appropriate thread. I'd be glad to discuss it if you are seriously interested, not just to try to debate me regarding Almighty God's reality.

I hope I helped clear up this popular misconception for you. Peace.

10. Master-Aries

Sep 4, 2002
    Darth Brooks

Evil incarnate Christianity has spawned over time, peoples and governments alike have used the teachings of the Bible to command the most terrifying acts know to man. All in the name of ??? ?well you know who? .

A case in point, the crusades, where 350 000 people marched on Jerusalem to free the trapped Christians from their impending doom. They task took roughly 7 to 10 years respectively, and baring in mind this particular Crusade was merely a footnote in the overall 200 years that the Crusade?s took place, where numerous millions died in the name of ?well you know who? .

Several governments at the time called upon the good Christian nature of the people to join the crusades to remove the Turkish threat. It took roughly 4.5 years just to get to Jerusalem, and en route several thousands died of hunger, torture, sexual molestation, noting that most of the Crusader?s were under age, between 11 to 18 years old. If any of them tried to leave the Crusade?s they were summarily put to death.

When they finally arrived, the inhabitants of Jerusalem had worked out an agreement where Jerusalem was divided in two the non Christian members lived one side the Christians lived on the other side, this partnership was in place and working well when the Crusaders arrived.

When the alliance was explained to the Crusaders the Generals decided that if they went back reporting there failure that an insurrection would come about, not only that but they felt that an insurrection was imminente from the Crusaders themselves. So they wiped out the one half of Jerusalem anyway.

Now to make matters worse after they completed the Christian act of saving Jerusalem, they were diverted to a town which had recently fallen to the Turks, they besieged the town for three years, in there attempts to succeed they captured several thousand Turks, these Turks carried spikes with heads, for weeks so as to not only show others there terrifying strength and resolve, but also to get these heads to rot and become disease ridden, so to fling these heads into the town to cause death.

There are numerous acts that I can mention where Christianity has been used to further, not only personal gains but also the gains of governments and counties alike.

Today one sees the ramifications that Christianity leaves in is wake, Waco Texas is one example.

So if a religion has been designed to bring about Peace Love and a respect for others, it has failed miserably.

Sincerely

Master-Aries
    [face_devil]

11. _Darth_Brooks_

Sep 27, 2000
    Padawan Aries,

You're grasp of history has something to be desired, and your commentary was so one-sidedly unrealistic as to represent myopia. This is actually far afield of the thread topic despite your attempt to camouflage your attempt at a scathing indictment with the initial "Evil incarnate Christianity..."

I'm going to address comments anyway, but if you wish to discuss this perhaps you'll suggest another pertinently relevant thread.

"Evil incarnate Christianity has spawned over time,.."

Christians do breed, yes. "Be fruitful and multiply... " is what we choose to use as our excuse for the torridly passionate lovemaking, that we try to hide publicly under pretensions of frigidity. Whew! Ever read that Song of Songs by Solomon? All-diddly-di-diddly righty-dighty!(Thank you Ned Flanders.) All that sexual repression just steams the bedroom like a humid night in asphalt factory.

" peoples and governments alike have used the teachings of the Bible to command the most terrifying acts know to man. "

Well, this little sentence right here should have been the end of your post, but noooooo, you've got to try to contradict yourself in flying colors.

Yes, "people" are sinners, everyone, including the ambitiously power hungry, wherever they be lurking, and governments. Human nature is terrible on bad hairdays. Ever notice dictators and tyrants usually have horrible coifs? There may be a connection.

"All in the name of ??? ?well you know who? ."

No, I do not know who "you know who" is. Why don't you enlighten me? But then you can't give directions unless you know how to get there. But I think I can take an educated guess, and your words were neither witty nor clever. You did succeed in being disrespectful. If I'm right, I do know who "you know Who is," although you make it clear you do not.

"A case in point, the crusades, where 350 000 people marched on Jerusalem to free the trapped Christians from their impending doom."

It's good to save people from "impending doom," don't you think?
    Even if they are "you know whom's"....<whispering>"Christians." Scandalous.

BTW, which Crusade are you referring to? There were about 7 or 8 depending on how you want to count them.

"They task took roughly 7 to 10 years respectively,.."

You're right, must'a been a government job.

See, I told you didn't I? You don't know much about the Crusades. I can help you somewhat here; the Crusades went on for much more than 7-10 years. Wanna take another guess?

Unless, you're referring to a specific Crusade. Which one?

"...and baring in mind this particular Crusade was merely a footnote in the overall 200 years..."

The Crusades were a footnote of the Crusades? Okay if you say so.
    So, you were talking about a particular Crusade. Which one?

"...that the Crusades took place, where numerous millions died in the name of ?well you know who? ."

Millions? Sam Million, his wife and kids? How many millions, please?
    Like I always say, if you're gonna do a job do it right!

200 years is entirely tooooo long to take wiping out "millions" of infidels.

They should'a used the Holy Hand Grenade!!

But what do you have against overachievers?

"Several governments at the time called upon the good Christian nature of the people to join the crusades to remove the Turkish threat."

Is it the government you're blaming or the Christians?

See, "good Christian nature." Nice Christians. Good Christians.

Christians are tough. Ever saw The Life of Brian? The little emaciated toga clad Christian who beat the heavily armored gladiator? LOL! That's a riot!

Little payback for using Christians' as human torches.

"It took roughly 4.5 years just to get to Jerusalem,.."

Next time, buy a map!

"...and en route several thousands died of hunger,..."

And pack a lunch!

"...torture,..."

Yes, please.

"...sexual molestation,..."

O

12. Master-Aries

Sep 4, 2002
    Darth Brooks

To be expected the reply is.

It seems to me that you have no original thought processes, constantly referring to the bible shows one you cannot even contemplate existence without it, ergo I see no further reason for debate.

If I wanted a religious teaching there are numerous places I can seek.

My point is this if a belief structure, if it is Christianity, Islam, Hinduism or any other, that calls upon its followers to commit acts than maim, kill, torture, sacrifice, others for the continued existence of the belief, it is evil in the highest regard.

Referring to the Revelation part of the Bible, I remind you that it was John who incurred the vision of the impending doom of all that had not embraced the Almighty, while he was sleeping.

If you feel that some person?s nightmare is sufficient for your continued fear of the Almighty, then so be it. If random thought processes in some persons mind may qualifies as fact, you are entitled to think so.

The US where do I begin, the religiously fundamentalist point of view of the Americans, is tragic at best their continued plundering of earths resources Is amazing, granted the US does not stand alone in this, but while the Americans live in the lap of luxury the rest of the world suffers at their expense, ergo the world summit, which the American did not sponsor.

Before you think I am in the wrong thread, you brought it up.

Now the American patriotic mindset is what has cause the Americans pain, Sep 11.

There unrelenting and overbearing policies, have been shoved down the throats of countries that do not seek American ?progress? again as in my first reply, evil not the devil but the unseen, that what we believe is good is in fact the underhanded political dealings the Americans deal out.

Granted America does not stand alone in these tactics, but as the leading Christian country it should refrain from undermining the political structures in countries.

Look at the ramifications of the American involvement in South America, now blamed on the drug cartels.

It is the political structure in your own county that results in the highest numbers, of people failure. By the year 2050 there will be more prisoners in jails than there will be those free. The number of homeless is as a result of insufficient social regard for those who find it difficult to compromise themselves for the grater Christian good.

Granted the Christians were not the only participants that resulted in the evil course the Crusades took, but as I wrote earlier any and all belief structures regardless if it is political or religious, if the intentions of this belief are to maim, kill, torture, sacrifice, others for the grater good, IT IS EVIL INCARNATE.
    So Wrap yourself like the rest of the sheep in the comforting glow of GOD knowing that you contribute, and contributed to the deaths and suffering of millions all in the name of GOD the Almighty.

Sincerely

Master-Aries
    [face_devil]

13. _Darth_Brooks_

Sep 27, 2000
    MA,

I would suggest you were off-topic, but technically you didn't have anything above that could be construed as legitimate content, so it was rather a null-post, and I suppose that can't be counted as on or off topic. :p

14. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Obviously you haven't known too many women. Some are pure evil.........

LOL [face_laugh]

you can say that again :p [face_mischief]

15. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    To answer this question, I guess you could think about who the Devil (evil) really is?

According to the Bible, and legend Devil was once God's Angel who turned against God.

And...
    The Greatest trick of the devil is to convience people he did NOT exist!

Well, Evil people can Trick you (Palptine), pretending they are VERY GOOD but they are real bad underneath of that trickery!!

And, some people's mind are easier than others to be infected with evilness.

I don't know why, a human's brain itself is a wonder!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.