main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can anyone help me write (Mandalorian vs Sith fight)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Drewsuff14, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drewsuff14

Drewsuff14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2005
    I'm writing my story and could use help writing a fight between a man in mandalorian armor (the good guy), and a Sith (the bad guy.)

Pretty much the story goes somewhat like the Jango vs. Kenobi fight, except in this the Mandalorian destroys the Sith's saber, making it so that the Sith needs to use his fists and or the force.

Can anyone assist me?

2. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    What are you trying to achieve after the Sith loses his lightsaber? Specifically, I mean. Are you looking for descriptions of fighting, or . . . what?

Here's an example I whipped up:

The Mandalorian, watching his timing, waited until the Sith that was chasing him rounded the corner, lightsaber blazing. As soon as he saw the saber, he fired, just a bit too fast for the Sith to block from himself, but not fast enough to kill him. The Sith moved, with the eerie precognition the Force gave him, but it's danger sense was not exactly directional - it caught the blaster fire with the lightsaber handle. The lightsaber exploded in its hands, and the Sith whirled around, a terrifying expression on his face. With supernatural speed and grace, he advanced on the Mandalorian, and he began moving his fists faster than the eye could see. He hit the Mandalorian with an uppercut, stunning the man temporarily, but the Mandalorian recovered quickly and decked the Sith with a punch to the gut.

I hope that helps some.

3. Drewsuff14

Apr 1, 2005
    I like the sound of that description. What basically happens is this. Our main character (in Mandalorian armor) faces a somewhat in-experienced Sith one on one. He manages to do well even when the enemy is fighting him with a saber for a minute or two, but eventually he manages to destroy the enemy saber.

LOCATION - ON THE BALCONY OF CORUSCANT

Anyways, the two fist fight for a few minuets and the Mandalorian remembers that he had set explosives in the building. So he jumps off the balcony while flames consume the Sith.

Can anyone help me with the writing of this fight?

4. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Do you have a beta?? It might be best to write the fight as best as you can, and then get someone else to look over it after. You'll probably be surprised with the results when you just give it a shot.

Think in your mind the likely moves they would make and describe them. The Sith would be able to do some interesting flips and such. Does your Mandalorian have a jet pack? That should factor in, too.

It sounds silly, but when you describe their movements during the fight, stand up in whatever room you are writing in, and make the movements yourself. It's the best way to see if what you want the characters to do is feasible.

~Abby~

5. Drewsuff14

Apr 1, 2005
    Ohh yes I forgot! He does have a jetpack but the Sith destroyes it with his saber as our "HERO" ducks under a saber swipe.

The thing is, I hate writing more then one fight, because I see each person has having their own fight style, thus I think its much better for their to be a different writer behind every fight.

6. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    On the other hand, Drewstuff, you develop your writing abilities more by trying out different ways of writing similar things. Rather than relying on someone else to write the scene to make it different, challenge yourself to write it as differently as possible. Make a point of comparing the styles to previous fight scenes you have written.

This is your fic, right? So instead of relying on someone else to write it, do it yourself, and if need be get opinions on how well you met your goal of writing a different fighting style. It can only serve to improve your writing skills.

~Abby~

7. Drewsuff14

Apr 1, 2005
    Thank you, I will keep that in mind

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.