main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN Can anyone here sew?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    OK, you know those strips of fabric that go over the shoulders of jedi's? The tabards? I really need to update the ones I've been using. A few Halloween's ago, my wife got someone to make part of the costume for me. She was going to make the outer tunic, tabards, obi and even the robe. Well, Halloween came and all she did was the outer tunic (which was cotton... and thin... and white). I used the rest of the material she had to cut three strips (2 for the tabards and one for the sash). I tea stained all this and... it works for Halloween. I went to a costume shop and got a really nice Jedi robe. Anyway, after deciding I want to get a little more serious about this costume thing, I decided I need to do a few upgrades. I have a belt and some pouches on the way, but I really need the tabards to be better than what I'm using. Here's what I'm after:

http://www.rebellegion.com/jedigarb/mjftabard.jpg

Anyway, if anyone here could help out, I'd be more than happy to pay to have this done. Thanks in advance!

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I don't sew unfortunately. I got a friend of mine in college to make mine for me. Where'd you get the belt and pouches? That's the last piece I need for mine.

3. drthmrl

drthmrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2003
    i dont sew either but my roommate knows of a place down near the Red Bank that does this kind of work alot. the name of the store is called Beauty and the Beast. they made the costumes for her for the movie Mulan. she won an award from disney for the costumes. im going to go their to see if they can make the head piece for my Barf costume.

4. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    If we weren't all weird to begin with, this thread has confirmed it. lol [face_laugh]
    I CAN'T sew! My poor hubby has to get someone to do all his hems (and so do I!). Sorry!

5. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    I got the belt off an ebay auction. Here's what it looks like:

belt auction

..although I paid a little less than that. Another great place (and one I wish I saw first) is saberbelt. That's actually where I'm getting my pouches from. Dave does great work and lots of custom stuff too. This is much more than I intended on putting into this costume, but I figure I'll be making the most of it at future cons, Ep III, around the house, work, etc... The boots I WAS able to get at a thrift store so I saved alot there.

I think I might need to take your advice and try a costume shop. I have no clue how much they charge, but this project isn't anything difficult, so they might be able to do it in a few minutes even. I bet going to that Beauty and the Beast place would be cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.