main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN Can food dive for HHFB

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by echo-3, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I talked with GP and they are all set for a can food drive at the store. If anybody wants to get with me on a large box or bin and do some art work to it ,let me know. I want to place it in the store in the next week .

Edit:
    I thought we would leave the box at the GP for a month.
    What do you think?

2. greedofan

greedofan Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004
    Just gave Eric a large box for the food drive :)

3. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I was at Kroger yesterday and they have a 55 G drum with HHFB on the side, I wounder if we could get one of those?
    Still waiting on a reply from them.

4. atataboy

atataboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2005
    I would also like to mention they are in the middle of a capital drive to fund a move to a new warehouse. Any thoughts how we might be able to help in that aspect would be very cool.

5. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Here is a short list of thing they are in dire need of.
    HHFB will be droping off a drum at the store this week guys.
    RC and Casey, Can one of you guys make up some sort of artwork to put up down there and maybe the surrounding stores?

Spread the word to your friends and family!!!!!

Cereal & Cereal Bars
    100% Joice Box's
    Fruits and Vegetbales
    Onions
    Potatoes

And then your standerd can goods.

6. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Casey ? RC ??

7. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    Sorry, yeah I can. It won't be this weekend though. Wednesday of this coming week I will have your art done. Could someone print it? Anyone have a poster printer? I can see about using the one at work if no one else does.

8. Bodknocks

Bodknocks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    Either John or I could probably print it at work. Our plotter prints up to 36 by 108, so we could fit a few posters on a job.

9. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    We should print it small enough so the surrounding store's will be more likly to hang them up in there stores.

10. Bodknocks

Bodknocks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    Well if you just want to mass produce B&W paper prints I can do that no problem.

11. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    FYI
    Target has Joice box's on sale for $1.75 a box this is something HHFB needs badly.

12. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    The drum is AT the Game Preserve as of this morning. I will get some stuff for it most likely every Saturday. Really , for anybody reading this, take 5 min and go threw your cubard and pull out a few things you wont ever eat. I know Iv got stuff in mine that will never be eaten.

RC can you get some fliers for the surrounding buisneess to me or better yet walk around down there and ask them to display them sometime soon?

13. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    I usually don't get off work till 6-7 here in Nashville, IN. I can get posters to someone this Wednesday if someone else can print them. The time and gas would be very rough during the week. I might be able to do something this weekend, personally walking about that is.

14. greedofan

greedofan Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004
    As many of you have witnessed, I severely need to clean out my pantry. This might just be the push I need!

15. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I just drooped of a bag of food.

16. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I know everyone's busy but don't forget the can drive. The only thing that has been donated is the two bags Gay and I have put in. It will be there until July 1.

17. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Casey sent me a copy of the flyer and its terrific. I'll get them down there as soon as I get them.

18. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Everyone
    The GP called me tonight to address there consurns that there is NO food be put in the bin.She also was concerned that we dont have any signs up , I told her that was in the works.
    We talked and agreed to keep the bin in there until the end of July and for the month of July any tournaments they have will require a can food as entry. I have taken food down twice and it is the only food in the bin for being down there almost 3 weeks now.

19. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    This weekend we will try to get down there and get some food in it, just been a little hectic here. An organized event asking for donations usually helps call attention. I would still like to figure out someway of generation money to help in the fund raising for the actual expansion of HHFB

20. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Lets not forget about the food drive. Its looking better thanks to GP asking for food donations for tournaments instead of cash.

21. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    We will bring some with us to the next meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.