main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Can Force lightning hurt you if you're not grounded? Also does rubber provide any protection?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Nerdling, May 16, 2013.

1. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    He still makes it way to easy on them ;)

Imho just more indication that they actually can’t fake it. Especially the SWTOR Sith are such a vain group that they would.

2. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Darth Zash would have something to say about that...

What she wanted people to see:
    [​IMG]

What she really looked like:
    [​IMG]

Dark Lady Mara and Gorefiend like this.
  3. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Oh well, still a stupid idea. :p Especially as it makes the PT Jedi seem even more like total hacks, because the implication is that Palpatine was using a Force Illusion on all of them all the time and they could not even feel it even when he stood in front of them, also that he was always keeping up it up, even when in distress.

Also if he could really just drop it at will one should hope he would us it for his Darth Sidious holoprojection, so he doess not just look like Palpatine with a hood. Lets also better not even get into how it implies that everyone in the Senate is weak willed to fall to a Force Mind Trick or what it implies about mass rallies.

4. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    would not bang

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It's not an illusion, per se.

Yes, and we've seen this in earlier video games as well, such as KOTOR II, and in EU both pre- and post-ROTS.

6. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Just read up on it… Sith Alchemy really is always the place they go to when they can’t think of a good explanation. [face_sigh]

7. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Sounds like someone's grumpy about being flunked by their ninth grade Sith Alchemy teacher.

8. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Luke happens to agree with me :p

9. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011
    Hey man, I'm in the same boat. I never could get the valence levels memorized for any of the elements on the periodic table past Maleficence. And I could never remember that Soullessness and Ultimate Evil were magnetic.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Worth noting that when His Imperial Majesty amps up the power of his lightning when actually using it against Vader, it's powerful enough to burn through durasteel -- there are gashes in Vader's helmet and armor caused by the Force lightning. That's much stronger than the level used against Luke.

11. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Zash was still perfectly coiffed post-illusion. Clearly the dark side makes for powerful hairspray.

Gorefiend likes this.
  12. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012
    Anyone think she looks like Ravel from Planescape: Torment?

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    BTW Mia, way to spoil the Sith Inquisitor plotline for me :p :_|

14. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    so i realize jello already made the obvious joke on the first page but can i just say that every time this thread title floats back up to the top of the forum i am weak all over again

15. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    What, if any, protective effect would a 'Faraday Suit' have against Sith Lightning, do you think?

16. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The electrical capacitance belt from KOTOR neutralizes its effect completely! :)

17. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011
    According to The Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1, the answer is to make double sure you're grounded at all times. You're a regular science whiz, Parker!