LA, CA Can Good Things Happen at Work? Of Course! - Part 2

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    Work was good today because I'm familiarizing myself with another project that hopefully will pan out well.

And my new co-worker came up with a good idea for our problem so hopefully it'll work out. I'll know on Monday.
  2. Varekeii Jedi Youngling

star 2
    My transfer came through, effective Tuesday. This could be a very good/lucky thing or not. It's not one I interviewed for or anything & Admiral Akbar isn't around to tell me if it's a trap (or not.)

Oh well, I'm still on four eligibility lists for promotions, but there's a hiring freeze on right now. Hopefully, this will be the first step to a better work situation.
  3. Skyryder Jedi Knight

star 5
    Is it still with the athletic department or something entirely different?
  4. Varekeii Jedi Youngling

star 2
    It's no longer the Athletics Department, but it's still part of the parent division, Secondary Instruction. So, that could be good. I'm just very nervous about it, because they never called me for an interview or anything.
  5. Skyryder Jedi Knight

star 5
    I have nothing to do today at work. I also forgot my cell phone at home so no one can call me. There are dogs outside my window barking very loudly.
  6. Skyryder Jedi Knight

star 5
    The entire day went by and I did absolutly nothing at work. I showed people the pop up book and that was about it. I did go to one meeting but I was just there to listen so I had nothing to contribute and hardly paid any attention because it was very technical and all over my head.

Tomorrow will be busier I think.
  7. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I started my new job today and it was pretty good. I fit right in because now I won't be the only person with anime/star wars/nintendo things on my desk. I also got my THX optimizer glass today too!!!
  8. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    Work is keeping me too busy to check the boards. I guess that could be good...
  9. Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan

star 4
    SJ,
    Congrats on your first day of the new job!!
    BTW, what is a THX optimizer glass?
  10. Skyryder Jedi Knight

star 5
    I hope the job works out for you SJ.

I just learned where they are taking me for a thank you for the Symantec job. Flemmings in El Segundo! Heck yeah that's what I'm talking about!
  11. Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Flemings is about the only restaurant on Rosecrans that I havent eaten at for lunch.
  12. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    I did not have to go to my weekly JR meeting today as they were not discussing anything pertinent to my portion of the project!
  13. Skyryder Jedi Knight

star 5
    We got free pizza today, but by the time I got there they only had veggie left.
  14. Skyryder Jedi Knight

star 5
    Oh and the most important thing that happened. My new boss scored some major points with me today because he bad mouth the evil witch who works there. JB knows the one. Sue Hansen. Oh yeah I wrote her whole name out. He said she was trying to take advantage of his ignorance of everyone's job responsibilities by telling him that his group (of which I'm a part of) does jobs that really is supposed to fall under her groups jurisdiction. She is so sneaky. I'm glad he is on to her though.
  15. JediBith Jedi Padawan

star 4
    You are getting quite brazen there SR! LOL!
  16. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    I know I'm late but the good thing that happened at work yesterday was it was a holiday! Yeah!

Oh, and yeah for you SR!
  17. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It's good that I'm not AT work today, and I finally had a morning shift yesterday so I could have a life outside of work.
  18. Jiltedtoo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I thought your life is your work?

Just saying...
  19. Varekeii Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I came back from the three day weekend without dread for the first time in over a year. It seems pretty nice here. The commute and parking aren't as easy, and my new computer has no sound, but other than that, I like it much better than my old office.

We have had free food (breakfast stuff, pastries, fruit, etc) at least three days out of the five I've been here.
  20. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    I have two items going to the oversight committee for approval and both are "consent" items - items that do not require a presentation. Yeah! Otherwise I would have to scramble to put together something to present to today's meeting. The down side is one of the items is for a new project that is having alignment problems because of a stupid 7' x 11' storm drain that is in my way. Stupid storm drain. Even if I try a different alignment I have a 9' x 11' storm drain (completely unrelated) in the way. I have to find a way around the stupid storm drains in that area.
  21. Skyryder Jedi Knight

star 5
    Sorry to hear about your drain troubles DH. I'm sure you will work around it.

Good things are happening around here too. I think my job is safe. The new management made a lot of changes at first, the biggest getting rid of our warehouse that we store furniture in and they outsourced it to a company in Pico Rivera. Well that isn't really working and they are finally seeing that it was a bad idea. I doubt they make any more drastic changes like that again. At least for now.

In other work news I'm getting treated to a free meal today. One of our clients is taking us out for lunch at a place called 26 Beach. I hear it is supposed to be really good. I don't care it's free.

I also got from work yesterday a ticket to the LA Auto Show for tonight's preview event. Free food and drinks again plus I don't have to put up with the crowds. The ticket is worth $125 and it was a reward for my volunteer work. Which means that this weekend I'm going to have to do Meals on Wheels for sure so I don't feel guilty.
  22. JediRacer Jedi Knight

star 5
    Do you need a date for tonight's event SR?!??!?!??!??!??!?!?!?
    (me)
    I went once to the preview night. It was awesome. Free food, drinks, etc.. I felt like a VIP.
  23. Skyryder Jedi Knight

star 5
    I wish JR and you would be at the top of my list. I'm going with our volunteer group at Sony hence why I got the ticket.
    I will think of you in spirit though.
  24. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    I may be able to re-route the storm drain so I can get my sewer through! Yeah! The bad thing is now I have to do a hydrology study and it's been about a billion years since I've done that. Man!

Oh, and my project that was supposed to be in construction already finally is going to be awarded but I need to get additional funding approved. Darn it!
  25. Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Maybe you should have been a locomotive engineer instead of a civil engineer, DH! And if you do switch, can I blow the whistle? I mean just once, aww cmon pleeeeease? [face_praying]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.