main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Can Good Things Happen at Work? Of Course! - Part 2

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    They should of gave you a PS3.

I hear they have boxes and boxes of them just laying around.

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I don't have it yet so I'm keeping it ES.

3. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    S'all good, homie.

4. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Greedy bastard.

5. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Today I got a big platter of cookies from one of my favorite contractors. They are tasty.

6. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I want cookies from my contractor!

7. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Your contractors bribe you with cookies?

8. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I don't know about the city, but at LAUSD this gift would be OK as long as it doesn't, "have the appearance of impropriety."

Ethics Class --- Darth Tater!

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    We are allowed to receive any gift up to $25 in value. Because I shared the cookies with my co-workers the shared cost is much less. Additionally, I am not in a position to grant priviledges to people or make policy so the gift could not be a bribe.

I actually resent the notion that anyone would believe I need an ethics lesson. Thanks for making a lovely gift shared among co-workers a dirty one.

10. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I still love you, DH! [:D] Of course I'd love you even more if I had some of those cookies, but... :p

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Today was our combined divisional holiday party. It was cold, the food was okay at best, but most of the company was good. I sat with people I like and who like me and I won the centerpiece which I left behind because I really did not want it. I gave it to a guy I don't like much but who wanted one. My table and the table next to mine (Mr. DH's) had fun laughing, talking, and playing jokes on each other. It was kind of okay and a kind of good thing to have happen at work.

Cookies are gone. My co-workers all enjoyed them. My division engineer asked who had sent it and I told him. He's the one who taught me to share these gifts so they would be above board. He is in a position to be influenced. Actually, Mr. DH received a similar platter of cookies and did as I did because he is also in a position to influence decisions.

12. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Thank you for clearly stating how your ethical guidelines were followed! I for one, like to tread like a lawyer among my friends, don't you agree, DH?

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    It is the safest way to go. Anything bad at the City ends up in the Times so keeping everything clear and proper is the best practice.

14. Waffllebot

Waffllebot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2007
    I rang up Jason Mewes today. JAy from Silent Bob for those who aren't sure who he might be.
    Great guy. His girlfriend got him tofu eggless salad and he didn't want it and he put his own item back on the shelf. We have Persian Princesses that come in and file there nails while telling us how to bag their ish so it's always great to see someone who doesn't act like there poop doesn't stink.

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yesterday, my boss took us out to lunch in appreciation for our good work this past year. Yeah! Today I may go to another Christmas lunch. I'm not sure yet.

16. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Our holiday party was last week. Our Assistant Superintendent, two Directors, two more administrators sat with secretaries and office assistants instead of sticking with management types like most other offices I've worked for.

It was the best company holiday party I've been to in years. I actually enjoyed myself.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Today our Christmas Committee brought bagels, a variety of cream cheeses, and fruit to celebrate the season and to spend the rest of the fundraising money. Yeah! I also went to a Christmas luncheon for one of my old offices. I had a great time catching up with some old friends, talking football, traveling, and all sorts of stuff. It was a billion times more fun than my own division's lunch.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Today at the weekly design team meeting one of the guys brought dim sum. Yeah!

19. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    free cider

20. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    hard or supermarket style?

21. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    it's in a coffee pot upstairs. All week. So it's different every day. Sometimes too much cinnamon. Sometimes no cloves. Yesterday no sugar. And there's usually cookies there also.

22. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Yummmm! Are you coming to the holiday party? I hear DB's making mohitos.

23. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Two pounds of See's candy, several great products from the Bath and Body shop, a bracelet and a necklace from Hawaii, a sheet of the SW stamps, a pound of specially roasted coffee and a Starbucks gift card. Plus, numerous plates of homemade goodies!

That's what I've received so far from students and staff at work today and it's only Thursday. Tomorrow there will be a lot more. The generosity of the staff and students is incredible! I'm very blessed!

24. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I received so far a birthday cake and balloon, a bottle of some lemon flavored liquor, and a box of the best cookies I've ever eaten.

25. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I got an iTunes giftcard from one of my bosses and a giftcard to Banana Republic from another. I was really suprised because I wasn't expecting anything. This is my first Christmas as a full-time worker bee and I didn't know I was going to get anything from people at work. I feel kinda bad since I didn't do anything for anyone! Next year I will bake cookies or something, to give back a little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.