Can Good Things Happen at Work? Of Course! - Part 2

Discussion in 'Los Angeles, CA' started by DarthHaskett, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I try to get my office gifts for next year at the day-after-Christmas sales. Since I'm not safe around any sort of cooking appliance, my only other option is purchasing things. The great mark downs make it easier for me to get cute things and I just store it all with my Christmas decorations. By the time the next Christmas rolls around, I've usually forgotten what I'd bought.
  2. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This evening the volunteer committee at work got together for a unwinding party at BottleRock in Culver City. It's a wine bar. It was all free and I had a good time. I even got a box of chocolates.
  3. JediNoc Jedi Master

star 3
    We got a New Year BONUS CHECK! YAAAAAHOOOOOO, first time ever!
  4. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Congrats!! What a great way to end a week and start the new year!
  5. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have to work the next three Saturdays now! Oh wait that really isn't good.
  6. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Today Mr. DH said our union and fellow unionites approved piddly cost of living increases for the next few years. I don't recall voting on it. And the union gave us Target gift cards. I know the union is trying to get back on our good graces because we took four days off on strike last year but the cost of living and gift card do not come any where near enough to cover the loss of pay during that time. Plus they don't get us anything good. Wait, this is supposed to be good things, right? Darn. I guess it's good that I have been out for the last two weeks. That's a good thing right there.
  7. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Today at work, someone brought dim sum to the weekly tortuous field meeting I have to attend. JR was having problems staying awake, jet lag I guess. Then they started talking about problems they were going to have at some citizen's meeting and I started to fall asleep.

I also had to prepare for this meeting/presentation today. Our Deputy Engineer decided he wanted to hear more about this project's award situation. We are already behind schedule and all we are asking for is a piddly 8% more. Well, I was sitting in the meeting with my boss and co-worker and about 20 other people waiting for our turn. According the agenda, we were supposed to present 20 minutes into the meeting. An hour later, we still had not presented and it was time for me to go home so my boss and co-worker handled everything themselves. I hope all went well.
  8. Waffllebot Jedi Knight

star 1
    Mr. Fantastic came into my work. AHHHHHHH! So did Pauly Shore. one word for him. GAY! he is such a perv. He rubbernecks at all the men in the store and he's disgusting now.
  9. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That sounds like a meeting I had this week DH. We were to have a meeting with our new bosses to basically tell them what we do. I had a handouts and everything. Well this one guy who is very nice and I like him but he tends to talk a lot. We were just supposed to do an overview and he went first and an hour later he was still talking about himself. I had to leave because I had another meeting to run. So we never got to me and I still haven't presented my job to my bosses.
  10. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Gee! Who was moderating that meeting, SR? Someone should have stepped in to stop Mr. Chatty Cathy (what's the male equivalent). Well, my meeting went well, apparently, as it has been approved. It should have been a consent item but NOOOOOOO. Oh well.
  11. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have to be at work at 6am tomorrow and on Saturday. Yay! I can't wait. I'm going to bed now.
  12. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  13. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    I was really excited to see that TFN linked to that interview with me on the front page. I had no idea that interview would be up anywhere besides a smaller blog, so honestly it was kind of surprising that TFN and T'Bone put up links, but pretty nifty!

I'm working on another music video that should shoot in a few weeks I hope, the band is a bit busy and communication has been slower than I would like, but moving along. It's low budget and nothing too complicated but I like the concept I came up with for it and I think it will be great to have on my directing reel. It's such a strong song and the band is very talented, so I'm looking forward to shooting this.
  14. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm going out for lunch today at the Ford Filling Station. That's Han Solo's son's restaurant. It's really expensive they say and that's why I've never been before but if the company is buying then I'm all for it.
  15. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The boss actually approved me taking a day from work to do some book shopping in Irwindale (the warehouse is there). I normally do it on my own time.
  16. Waffllebot Jedi Knight

star 1
    Mr. Billy Dee Calrissian himself came into work for a few items. I didn't get to ring him up but I did get a glimpse of him.
  17. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I heard today that I will be getting a raise. It probably won't be as much had I gotten the promotion plus raise but I guess it's better than being fired all together so I'll wait and be thankful.
  18. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's a

SNOW DAY

(no school/work)
  19. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No fair! Lucky I guess that's a perk for living so far away then. Should I leave work and take the TS up there. I need some snow pictures.
  20. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    TS? Snow Trooper?

If you ever do get up this way, or to Big Bear (I"ve got family up there), I'll gladly meet you and help with pix.

Did I mention I don't paid for snow days? So, are they really a perk?? Yes and no. There's a possibility of more snow tonight, too.
  21. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Another snow day for tomorrow!! They actually called it early this time. Yea, I get to sleep in!
  22. JediNoc Jedi Master

star 3
    Wow, good deal, JF! (Except for the not getting paid part...) It actually snowed in Monrovia last night!! Not enough to build a snowman but enough to make a snowball!
  23. Jundland_Jay Jedi Master

star 4
    Aaah, snow days. How I miss my high school days in Virginia, where I would wake up to:
    WWDC...WWDC-FM...DC-101! Crank It Up!

I would lie in bed listening to The Police or Midnight Oil or REM or Van Halen and wait for Howard Stern to announce my county (Arlington) among the list of closed counties during his "All Closed Now" parody of Free's "All Right Now".

Such good times.
  24. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    Good things can happen at work, but not always, haha. Last weekend our Burbank offices got robbed by a Mexican guy who had been sleeping in a nearby office, had access to all of the keys for the office area, and he skipped town after that. Nobody has seen the dude all week and our landlord went to talk with his friends, but he's nowhere to be found. Left with about $15,000 in equipment. Fortunately we've already got most of that stuff back, I mean we just went out right away and bought it all again and the final pieces should be back in the office by Tuesday. Insurance will cover the losses, and we'll make our landlord pay the deductible because he trusted this guy enough to have him sleep in his office, against the law, and that mistake cost us, not him. Grrr!!!
  25. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    I wonder how much he is selling the stuff for.

Could get some good equipment for a decent price.

Let me know if you find out a way to contact him.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.