main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Can Good Things Happen at Work? Of Course! - Part 2

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Sorry. I passed. I also took some pictures while there, but can't put them out for fear of a firing. Basically Admiral Ackbar and I are friends now. Very easy ride to learn. No shifts there yet but maybe one day. Watching the star speeder from underneath is cool. AND rumor has it that "red" aka R5D4, in Sector 2 in the queue is the original from ANH. Took a pic with him too.

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Yeah! Good for APL!

Wednesday we went to lunch to celebrate the New Year. It was dim sum and pretty good dim sum too.

3. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Today, a co-worker friend gave me a metal "plaque"/sign/decorative thingy that says, "National Sarcasm Society" and then in small print, "Like we need your support". There's even a crest with our motto "E Pluibus Smart A**imus. It's really cool. I put it up in my cubicle but way off to the side so as to not offend passersby.

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    My boss brought his kid into work today and the little boy who I think is eight is a big fan. He came to my desk and talked about all the Star Wars toys he had and the ones he wanted. I showed him pictures of me in costume. He got a kick out of it. It made me happy for a moment while at work which hasn't made me happy in a long time.

5. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
  6. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I really like all three of my new bosses, but it's still nice that they are all out at a meeting until this afternoon.

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well I hate my boss, his boss and then his boss and then his boss. I don't have a good thing to say about any of the four of them.

Also all the property people in my department (again the job I didn't get) are all going out tonight on the company dime to the Magic Castle. I don't get the go because I'm not worthy enough.

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Sorry SR. To be honest, the Magic Castle is kind of over rated any way. I've been there a bunch of times and the food is okay. I guess if I really liked magic tricks I would be more impressed but most are all the same and I can't figure out how they do it so I don't care.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks DH, that helps a little.

10. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I work Star Tours the next two days. That's pretty cool.

11. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    haha, dang. I bet it would suck having bosses you hate. I mean bosses should be competent, professional, and inspire respect. But I get the feeling throughout much of corporate America, there is the feeling that the boss is often just kind of an idiot who lucked his way into that position. Hopefully that's not usually the case, but it does happen.

12. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I think an awful lot of upper management all over the world got there by knowing how to "play politics" or via the "good old boy" network more than being better at their jobs than other people. It's no worse than when degenerates and idiots just inherited the job.

13. Waffllebot

Waffllebot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2007
    Rodrigo Santoro came in the other day. I noticed him and thought to myself " I should go over there and ask him if he's finding everything ok and ask him if people have told him that he looks a lot like Rodrigo Santoro ( being that I've never seen him in person before), then thought "nah, I really have to use the bathroom", then I came out and heard some coworkers asking if they remember Xerxes from 300. I knew where they were going with it after I heard that. Like ALL Brazilianeros,he was absolutely gorgeous.

14. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Update to Star Tours in the next century?

Y/N

15. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Yeah, well that is often the case. I mean look at the film industry -- if you're the son, daughter, niece, nephew, etc. of someone who is a big star or a big powerbroker you're going to have opportunities that other people won't, regardless of your skill versus theirs. It's like Brett Eisner, who directed Sahara, I liked that movie for the record and I think it was entertaining. I mean he did a good job, so I'm not bashing him, but I believe he was 28 years old and directing a $100 million feature? I mean, seriously? Who gets to do that unless their last name is Eisner? haha.

16. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Yeah, we're just jealous, not really, only joking.

17. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Something really nice happened to us at work Wednesday. One of our Assistant Superintendents decided we all needed flowers. So, she contacted the person who is in charge of the flowers for the District and had him come to our office and GIVE AWAY flowers for everyone (who wanted some).

18. CountDuku3126

CountDuku3126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    I might go back to work at Disney next fall depending on how things go for my current job. If not I am thinking about trying to work Disney on weekends if I am not too busy with school. But my hours got cut at work when it has been the same all semester. It sucks because I'm not making that much money to make do with the gas prices going up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.