main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can Harrison Ford still portray the Indiana Jones personality?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by jacemathem, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo_Fan34

HanSolo_Fan34 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2008
    I'm going to wait for the Trailer and the film to judge on that too , but I still think he could be old Indy depending on the time frame in the film wether if it's set in the 40's or 50's while Indy is still in his 60's .

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I have no doubt he can portray Indy. No doubt at all. In his early career, his two defining characters were Han Solo and Indiana Jones. There's nothing to even base anything off of at this point beyond a few photos. And from what I've seen, he's got that cockiness and swagger like before.

3. morpha2

morpha2 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Though a fairly terrible film, Hollywood Homicide showed that Ford could still turn on the wit and charm and play a less-than-100%-serious character very well. That was only a few years ago.

4. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    I lol'ed.

5. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000

Can Harrison still play Indy? I'd say the evidence is in. He slipped back into that role like a foot going into a comfortable old shoe. He IS Indiana Jones and he always will be, in my book.

6. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    A resounding YES for me.

7. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I really wasn't getting the Indy vibe out of him until the classroom scene in Crystal Skull. Then he felt like Indy the rest of the film.

8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I think all he has to do is put on the Fedora and -- it's Indy. [face_love]

9. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    He was Indy the moment he got tossed out of the trunk of the car. Some of the great Indy/ Han Solo moments that only he can do were the bit where when he gets tossed the snake and when he realizes that the waterfall drops two more times. Great stuff.

10. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Also, I really loved the look in his face when he says "Somewhere, your grandfather is laughing". It was a very touching moment. [face_love]

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    So Indy. SO Indy. jace, sorry, if there's any one thing people can agree on, it seems to be that Harrison rocked the part again.

-sj loves kevin spacey

12. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    This is exactly right. I was stunned at how completely he nailed the part yet again. So effortlessly and immediately from the beginning of the film he embodied Indy.

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Another resounding yes from me! Harrison rocked that film and there is no doubt that Indy is back!

14. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000
    I liked his line reading in Doom Town when he hears the siren: "Not good." Classic Harrison-Indy moment.

15. Kapoof

Kapoof Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2008
    I thought the setting and a few weak lines of dialog slightly marred the first 20 minutes or so. But, like someone else said, once he's in the class room it's total Indy.

Another resounding YES here. Ford was stellar in Crystal Skull. It made me realize just how much i missed the guy, and it's great to have him back. I really would love to say that Indy is back for good, so they better get crackin' on a sequel neeeeeooooow!

I love it. Saw the movie four times so far. Though it's got it's flaws, it's Indy. He's for real. A joy to watch.

16. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    Harrison Ford is brilliant in Kingdom he is Indiana Jones it's as simple as that.

17. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Harrison was great in this movie. It really makes me upset that they didn't make more movies in the past 19 years, while he was young enough to do it.

18. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I know, right? That's the only bad thing about him being so great in this movie... It really makes me sad for the missed opportunity :( Even if they'd just started making them around 2000, since Harrison basically hasn't been in anything good since Air Force One. It would have been great for fans plus it might have given Harrison himself a boost to do actually good stuff :p

-sj loves kevin spacey

19. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

As of today, Crystal Skull passes the 500 million dollar mark in world-wide box office. I'm sure if there's ever gonna be a revival of Harrion's career it will be now. Hollywood always takes notice when someone's in a movie this big.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.