main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can I skip Conquest?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by lejmar_faldor_uk, Sep 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Yeah I agree. I'm an avid "Jacen-fan" and I truly believe Conquest is vital to the character of Anakin Solo. Not to mention it was a fairly good book.

I was extremely disappointed by Rebirth though. It really failed to captivate my attention for any one of the storylines and did not add anything susbstantial to the broad story arc. So if you have to skip, skip Rebirth.

2. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    yep...Rebirth was a disappointment imo. Del Rey and LFL did their own part to add to the hype with their contest.

3. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    Rebirth is not skippable!!!...CORRAN IS BACK!!! and the scenes with Anakin and Tahiri......it must not be skipped...it was, if nothing else, a truly fun book......besides i want all i can of a certain character before SbS...

4. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    I would have posted this earlier, but my browser wasn't cooperating.
    You can not skip Rebirth! It brings back so many wonderful characters that we don't get to see much of, and it develops the characters of others. And I'm sure some of the stuff in Rebirth will tie into SbS. It would be a horrible tragedy to skip Conquest OR Rebirth!! :D

5. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    One word:

No!

You'd be missing out on valuable background for the remainder of the series. It's well-written, too.

6. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    listen to the voice of experience:

When I was in 5th grade, I was not a major Star Wars fan and wasn't familiar with the books. I read the 1st book in the YJK series. then I read the 5th book. then the 2nd book. and I didn't realize that I was reading out of order.

When I finished the first 6 books, I was really confused (It didn't help that I dreamed the end of one of them and that it turned out different)

When I read the JJK series, I skipped around again. in each book I lost more and more information.

So what I'm saying is: If you skip any book, you will be sorry later. the entire plot will fall apart. Rebirth will make no sense without Conquest. Star by Star will make no sense without Rebirth. and so on for the entire series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.