main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can I...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by G_Lucas_8_my_hamster, Nov 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G_Lucas_8_my_hamster

G_Lucas_8_my_hamster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    download the same file, but its split into parts, simultaneously on Kazaalite? I mean, for example, say i wanted to download a massive file- can i be downloading the start, middle bit and the end bit of the file at the same i.e. simultaneously, as if i had split it into three separate downloads?

2. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    Yeah. Though having only one download won't only limit you to dling one part of the file. If your dl rate allows it and you have enough sources, Kazaalite will automatically dl different parts of the file from different people.

3. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    Be careful using Kazaa you're being monitored there's been a bloke arrested and charged with downloading files from Kazaa [face_plain]

4. G_Lucas_8_my_hamster

Aug 6, 2002
    is that Kazaa or Kazaalite he was using though, S_f?

GMT- though can I download different parts of the same file from the SAME person or is that impossible? and if not- how do i do it?

5. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    Be careful - a man in Stanley got arrested the other day after downloading Terminator 3 from Kazaa Lite. Not only that, but Sony (or whoever it is that publishes T3) is taking him to court.

There's the original warning m'dear and by all accounts it checks out too, this guy in in DEEEEEEEEP trouble [face_plain]

6. G_Lucas_8_my_hamster

Aug 6, 2002
    ah well i suppose that the chance we all take! ;) but who's to say i'm downloading illegal stuff- i'm downloading a friends big home made movie ;) :p

7. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    Hmmm. As far as I know, that is impossible. Though if the file were split into three like you said earlier, then you could. However, that'd have to be done at the other end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.