main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can Knights of the Old Republic be "Official" Canon?**Contains Spoilers**

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by MariusTraven, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MariusTraven

MariusTraven Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2003
    Exactly...I love Eggs.

2. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Were there any other NJO or literary references in KotOR I?

3. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    I hate the Yuzhan Vong. The Empire would whoop um.

4. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    LOL. Well, I know there were the references to Exar Kun, Naga Sadow, Nomi Sunrider, etc. But any other subtle things, like Canderous' coralskipper story?

5. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    Stupid Yuzhan Vong.

Yeah there is in one of the EU books Luke Skywalker (I beleive it is young jedi Knights) and some of his Jedi students have to kill Exar Kun's spirit.

6. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, I knew that one. Mentioned it above. I'm an EU geek. :) That book is called Champions of the Force.

7. RushinSundaws

RushinSundaws Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    Yes if LucasArts says the official canonical ending was lightside male, I'd take their word for it.

8. Valacar

Valacar Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 26, 2004
    "The Wikipedia entries on Darth Revan and on the Exile claim that Lucasfilm has stated that the male ligh side paths in both games are canonical. Not really sure where they got this from, but I believe them. If you look at it from a non-story point-of-view (ie making money point-of-view), think about it: Who is the audience for the game? What storyline is the majority of the audience going to play? The answers are: A bunch of guys, and male light side. So it makes sense to have that storyline as canonical."

Wikepedia doesn't say that anymore. [face_laugh]

And that's my point. Anyone can edit it.

"No, the Star Forge isn't destroyed in the Dark Side ending. Revan just kills Malak and takes it over. The last FMV in the dark side ending shows an endless fleet of warships emerging from the Star Forge, poised to conquer the Republic... "

Yea it does. Check it out for yourself.

Can some one please post some actualy tangible evidence on the canonizing of Revan and the Exile? [-o|

I'm sorry I can't take your word for it. There's just too many rumors.

9. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    someone needs to do novel, or comic (or television possibly?) versions of the events depicted in KOTOR, to give us something official to go on. A baseline, from which the rest of the events in the game can be considered tangietial. Maybe after the third game is made?

10. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Dan Wallace, in his author thread, has stated that LucasArts told him their official position was that Revan was a lightside male.

However in the Essential Chronology he ignored them and kept it vague.

11. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    If NJO is cannon, so can be KOTOR.

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Where are the comics?<<

Star Wars Tales #23 came out rcently, with the KOTOR prequel, with a group of Jedi hunting down taranteks (or whatever the darkside creatures were called).

The KOTOR2 story will be in SWT #24.

>>What does TOTJ stand for?<<

Tales of the Jedi

>>How does KotOR tie in with the NJO?<<

As already mentioned here- someone encountered a coralskipper- must have been some kind of advanced Vong scout, before the need for them to leave their galaxy came to be.

And while "one way or another" the Star Forge was destroyed, only by the Republic fleet was it so destroyed in the lightside ending,a nd the databank says "Republic forces attacked en masse, and despite devastating losses, were able to defeat Malak and the Star Forge." thus further evidencing the lightside ending in addition to the official LFL word passed on by Dan Wallace.

13. Valacar

Oct 26, 2004
    Good eyes The2ndQuest.

Now that I've seen proof Revan was LS, I just need to see something official about the gender. (assuming the Databank didn't make a mistake.)

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, nothing published has established Revan's gender, we just have the internal LFL viewpoint on the subject.

15. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Doesn't one of the Jedi in that Tales story say 'leave the robes, Revan will come and he will make use of them?', regarding the Qel-Droma robes?

That would indicate a male LS. But I haven't read the comic, that's just what someone in the fan club said.

16. LittleGreenManYoda

LittleGreenManYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    Yeah there is in one of the EU books Luke Skywalker (I beleive it is young jedi Knights) and some of his Jedi students have to kill Exar Kun's spirit.

that happend with a young jedi named Kyp Duran right?

17. Valacar

Oct 26, 2004
    The comic was written by a fan. And I would be upset if they didn't publish it because he set a gender and alignment to Revan.

The author posted on this board about it a while ago.

Go here if you want to read about it. It's back on page 7, for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.