main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Can Monkey's be Jedi?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ruckus, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Granted monkey's rank a little lower then chimps and gorilla's in the primate tree.. no pun intended-- okay yeah there was!! Anywho.. I think since Chewie will be in the next movie we should have a monkey Jedi! Perhaps a Golden Lion Tamarin or a cute White faced Capuchin a marmoset or lemur or rhesus monkey would be cool too... but I think a lightsaber swinging simian should be great to have and monkey's are people too right? So why not spread the love and monkey pox?

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    This is absurd. It's not worth responding to. So I won't bump it up by posting here. I just won't. :)

3. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I think all living things, and non-living things, have Force potential. Why not? Sure, monkey Jedi all the way. I'd like to see a dirt Jedi or even a concrete Jedi.

Can't a Star Destroyer be a Jedi?

Seriously, I would give anything to see a Hutt Jedi (note: Lucas has confirmed Hutt is not a race or species; it is, in fact, a title, like King or Duke, a Rodian, Wookie, Human, anything, can be a Hutt, but I am using "Hutt" in the species sense so you know what I'm talking about).

That is all.

I have babbled.

Brandon

4. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I think you are on to something there Brandon. May the Monkey's with Jedi powers be with you.

On a side note- I hope that someone makes a monkey MOD for Jedi Academy so I can fulfil my life long dream of seeing a monkey Jedi.

5. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I'll bet if anyone could do that, it would be Ryan W!

Brandon

6. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    i'll bet u it would not be him, but lets not get started on THAT again ...

and as for jedi academy, there is no monkeys atuomatically so you would have to make a mod for it, but that would be one i would download!

7. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Brandon, were you kidding about that Hutt comment?

from StarWars.com:
    The Hutts are rotund gastropods with their pudgy fingers deep in the criminal activities throughout the galaxy. They are so influential that they control the commerce on entire worlds scattered throughout the Outer Rim and elsewhere. One prominent member of this loathsome species was Jabba the Hutt, who operated from a dank palace on Tatooine. Hutts are about three meters long and have thick, oily skin. Two short, stunted arms protrude from their upper bodies. They have wide mouths and small yellow or red eyes.
    -Campbell

8. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Nope, not kidding. Lucas stated in an interview, which I do have around here somewhere and if you give me some time, I will dig it up, that Hutt is a title. Remember, unless it is in the films or comes from the mouth of Lucas, it is not "true" Star Wars, or the old "canon debate," as it were.

Plus, even thinking about it, in movie terms, you never once hear Han the Human, Greedo the Rodian, Chewbacca the Wookie, Ackbar the Calamari, but you do hear Jabba the Hutt. From that, and from what Lucas has stated, Hutt is, in fact, a title and has nothing to do whatsoever with a particular species.

Brandon

9. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    And yet, oddly, in the SE you do hear Jabba called "a wonderful human being." How bizarre.

Not a challenge or anything, but if you do ever find that quote I'd really like to research it further. Thanks for the info.
    -Campbell

10. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I'll try to find it this weekend. Plus, you see, the wonderful human being comment proves my point: according to Star Wars, Jabba, in that universe, is a human, so Han, Luke, Leia and the gang are something else... =)

Seriously though, I'll get on it.

Brandon

11. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Was Salacious Crumb part monkey?

12. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Yup, the little beast's a monkey-lizard. A Kowakian monkey-lizard. Maybe he did some Jedi-training in that unseen short film Warwick Davis starred in on the set of e6. We see a clip or two from it (starring Mr. S.B. Crumb) in the old From Star Wars to Jedi video.

Brandon, interesting comment about humans and Hutts. Makes me want to see the Bizarro Star Wars. Maybe I just need to sit back with my hookah and ponder all this.

-Campbell

13. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Let the pipe dreams take you away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.