main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Can only those with the Force, sense only force people

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by WhiskeyGold, Sep 9, 2012.

1. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Can Vader or Luke only sense others with the force? Vader can feel Obi-wan in the Death Star. In ROTJ, on the shuttle Vader and sense Luke and Luke can sense vader. He says he is shouldnt have come with them on the shuttle cause of it.

2. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think that is mostly the case, however in the event where two people are very close (e.g. Padmé and Anakin) and only one is force-sensitive, the FS can feel the non-FS. A Force bond, is what I've heard used in that case.

It might happen with friends as well, I am unsure exactly. That might be covered in the EU. :)

3. chaos9001

chaos9001 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 15, 2002
    I agree. I think the issue is how well you know the person and have a sense of them as a force user. Because everyone (YV excluded) has a presence in the force, whether they can use it or not.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the EU 'Sensing beings' seems fairly easy- especially in The Thrawn Trilogy- because of that aforementioned presence in the Force. Holes in the Force (like the Vong, and the ysalamiri (which "push back" the Force in a bubble) can be sensed as well- by sensing where the Force is- and noting where it isn't.

chaos9001 likes this.
  5. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    I always thought he scene in Revenge of the Sith where Anakin and Padme are sensing each other from across the skyline was uniquely telling. Padme seems aware that Anakin is tormenting over her at that very moment. Is it because of their love bond or has Padme become semi-Force sensitive via her unborn twins? Or both, perhaps. At that point it’s as if the movie itself has generated a kind of fatalism of which the two characters are, on some deep level, tragically cognitive.

6. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I thougth she was just looking at the smoke from the city, and knew that all hell was breaking lose but didnt really know what anakin was doing or anything else

7. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    They do the pained long-distance relationship thing before the attack on the Temple.

8. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Isn't Padme force-sensitive, too?

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Ehh...."maybe". Yoda does say the Force is with her in a cut line from AOTC (regarding surviving the bomb blast at the start of the film) but that could go either way-either she literally does have the Force, or it's just with her in the Rebel Alliance sense.

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the Saga Edition game, she is both "Strong in the Force" and not Force-sensitive. Which is an interesting combination. Allows for it being unsuually "with her" without her being able to manipulate it.