main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can somebody post pictures and videos of fan edits to the OT?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by RandomRival, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Why does everyone want to see the Emperor disbanding the senate? It's not a major plot point. Do you also want to see the Battle of Tanaab? Or Han winning the Falcon from Lando? Or the stormtroopers killing the Jawas? Or how about those Bothans dying?

The fact of the matter is it worked well 28 years ago and it still works today. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

EDIT: Just watched your clip, Thegoat. You did a nice job editing the films, but it ultimately does not enhance the movie in any way.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

2. Thegoat

Thegoat Jedi Master star 1

Jul 28, 2004
    I'm not saying I want the scene in there. I was just seeing what it could be like. That's what this thread is for. If you want to complain about possible changes, go the DVD discussion threads.

EDIT: Thanks. I'm rather indifferent to the change. I wouldn't mind it (unless it's a whole separate scene) but I'm not going to feel deprived of anything without it. But, like I said, that's for another thread.;)

3. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I saw that clip of the emperor. My computer doesn't have speakers so i could only see the footage, but if thats how ppl want to see the emperor dissolve the senate then i'm against it. That was way to quick. I dont see why they have to cut away to the emperor.

It'd be better if they first had the emperor dissolving the senate ( i know you dont have footage or the lines to make a fan edit of this) then after the senate scene go to the scene where the empiral guys talk about the death star.

basically make a SCENE out of the emperor, not a 2 second cameo.

4. Thegoat

Thegoat Jedi Master star 1

Jul 28, 2004
    Well, the audio was a bunch of crowd noise in opposition while Tarkin narrated with his "dissolved the council permanantly" line.

With (of course) some new footage and smoother editing, I would prefer this style of change to a whole scene. Actually showing the Emperor doing such would make Tarkin's scene redundant and interrupt the flow of the flim. I think a brief cameo would be more suitable for the film itself, as well as the build-up to his role in ROTJ.

5. BlackChocobo

BlackChocobo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    JMaster Luke-Nice job editing, but regardless of editing/film quality, inserting Battle of Heroes music into the obi/vader fight is rediculous. The fight is too short, and the lack of suspense on screen makes the scene look cheap and silly. I hope Lucas never makes such a change(though you had excellen timing).

If Battle of the Heroes music were to be inserted anywhere, why not insert it into the Death Star battle in ANH, possibly when vader is chasing down luke? How about someone do an edit of that, it might work.

6. RandomRival

RandomRival Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2005
    I will WUL somebody if they can provide a link to where I can see this "dissolving the senate" clip :D

7. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Look 6 posts up. It should look something like this:

Thegoat posted on 6/22/05 2:10pm
    Hey guys, I usually lurk around these boards (hence only a couple posts over a year).

Anyway, I was bored last night and edited clips from AOTC and ROTJ to make a short "Emperor dissolves the Senate" scene.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=18GKKVBO

I only took an hour to do it, so it's a little rough, but you get the idea.
    [hr][/blockquote]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.