main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can someone explain how an eye witness does nothing

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by beezel26, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    I didn't hear the entire interview but the part where Costas flat out asked him if he was sexually attracted to young boys and Sandusky paused before answering "No. I enjoy young people." made me ill. He was clearly trying to sidestep it. If the answer was no, it would have been immediate. This guy is a predator.

2. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Yeah, I heard his answer to that question on the radio this morning. The stuff he said was the kind of language that NAMBLA uses to justify their filth.

3. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    In regards to that one school policy rule about having to report it to the superiors first; this is the case, however, there are also state statutes that strictly say you have to report it to the police if you are employed by that school at that capacity. It is all red tape and intepretation of the law, the schools will say we have our own policy and it is the policy of the schools that are keeping Judges from going by the state statutes, but they really should go by the state statutes that is above those school policies.

4. AaylaSecurOWNED

May 19, 2005
  5. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    Are you a stop sign or something? lol

Beezel26 writes:

Look at some of our fellow Jcers who are teachers and their reactions. Its really scary. They are defending their decision to not call the cops because its not the way you do things. Yet at the same time a lawyer aka Danny who knows the law clearly sees a problem and sees the moral decision would be to call the cops. In the minds of those institutionalized the only thing you do is report to a superior.

It's because those teachers don't want to lose their jobs. Job security comes first, apparently. The school policy is to contact the school superiors first, but state statutes are different. Not sure exactly what the statutes are in that state, but I can tell you now that won't reflect the school policy the way they are making it sound like it is in the state's constitution. A moral decision is not a legal decision either. The law can jump over that one very easily. Just because you feel it is moral and right doesn't mean it is the law. Morally, you're right, probably, with the majority feeling. But law and school policy (which are two different entities, sorry teachers) can be far different.

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    No really, stop.

To paraphrase the interview:

"I took a shower with a 10 year old, what I call horseplay you call pedophelia anal rape."

7. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    if you all need this person to die, i could make that happen for you. just let me know. no compensation necessary - consider it an early christmas gift.

i'm talking about sandusky, not wormiesaber.

8. AaylaSecurOWNED

May 19, 2005
    UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

9. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/6/63/BountyHunters.jpg]

No Disintegrations!

10. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    That interview was the worse thing I have ever watched. It made my skin crawl. Plus Costas looked like he was either gonna puke or start crying.
    You know I don't think anyone thought for a moment in that room that that interview was worth it.

Its like you just want to take a shower after watching it.

And the lawyer was as snake like as they come.

I hope he was getting paid a lot of money to defend that monster. Hell if he has any family I personally feel sorry for them.

11. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Hello new user. Welcome to this brand new invention called the internet. It is a wonderful place where you can find the answers to many things that you wish to at the simple click of a mouse. No longer will you need to say something in willful ignorance but instead have the ability to research simple facts before entering a conversation....

Yeah, Wormie you have two simple choices. Either get off your behind and do a little bit of simple Googling before sticking your foot so far into your mouth that you prove the whole saying about opening your mouth and proving to be a fool to be true, or just not say anything when you have no clue about the subject at hand.

As to the subject at hand, disgusting. Both in what happened, how members of the coaching/university staff handled it, and the reaction of some of the student body. The only disappointing thing in all of this is what it will do to Penn State Uni as a whole and to a football program that has for the most part (at least on the surface) been beneficial to a lot of students.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm still not sold on half of them. Obviously in the case of both Sandusky and the two officials charged with obstruction/perjury -- clearly the grand jury found enough evidence for smoke and fire, though they are, of course, innocent until proven guilty (good luck with that!).

In Paterno and McQuarry's case... I'm not sure yet. Certainly it looks bad, possibly worse for Paterno at the moment, but until we get more facts than now it's so nebulous that I vascillate between horrified and puzzled and just not sure which way is up.

13. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    The problem there is, there's been smoke and fire for how many years? People ignored it until it became a ****ing bonfire.We don't even know how long this has gone on, and if he's fostered kids since 1969? I'm devastated to even think how far back that behaviour goes to.

People have paid to much attention to Mike McQueary and Joe Paterno, they deserve a lot too knowing how that snake was, I don't get why McQueary didn't rush this guy's ass, call the cops, waited a day to report it, and basically went about his business and didn't follow up. He's got to live with that for the rest of his life. Paterno, he was a frend of this guy, and looked the other way, which is criminal. He'll get his too.

But let's not concentrate on them or other staff at the moment, let's think about this ****ing piece of waste that traumatized god knows how many children. The thing is, they were children, babies, and that's bad enough. But, he went after kids that were considered "at risk", more than likely from single parent households, and he used that to even further push his sick, perverted, ****ing evil aggressions. He didn't just physically hurt them, he psychologically and emotionally destroyed kids, for his sick gain, and no one, no jury, no Judge, and no higher power should ever forgive, or forget that.

Oh, but he'll get his too. He won't make it a week in general population, he'll be lucky if he doesn't get shanked the first freaking day. He'll also learn how bad it feels to not be in control and get raped in the showers, so what goes around, comes around.

I'm sorry if it sounds mean, vicious, whatever, and what really pisses me off, is this guy will probably put a gun in his mouth before he goes to prison.

Do you even seriously ever think, before you say things? I get the whole wanting to keep your job thing. But wtf, **** all the terms you try and throw out there. I'm sorry, I'd have taken one for the team, and at least gotten that **** off of a little boy being raped.

Can you sit there and say if you walked in on that, you wouldn't have done whatever possible to get a man off of a child?

And I'll ask this very directly. Could you ever sleep soundly another day in your life, if you walked away and turned the other eye? You think any jury in the world would convict you, if you stepped in? Even if Penn State did pull a douche move and fire you over it, you really think it'd stop another school from hiring you?

14. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Several news sources are reporting that McQueary told a friend in an email that he did stop the situation in the showers in 2002 as well as contacted police and a university official.

I wonder who is lying then.

15. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Wormie, this is a family board. Not a nambla board. Take it from me someone who has put his foot in his mouth a lot, this is not something you want to have follow you. Hell this will get you hated and pushed out completely. Dude, you are going from a regular user to way past creepy to down right criminal.

Listen Wormie, Dannie is a pretty good judge of morality here on the boards. If she refuses to defend something and see both sides the situation its a fair bet that most of society doesn't either and it is in your best interests to not press the issue.

16. beezel26

May 11, 2003
  17. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Dingo in da house.

18. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    The more I hear about the lenient judges and the snakelike attorney I suspect that the almighty Penn State bred an old boys network that no one not even a teacher or a janitor or even a cop could do anything to stop the juggernaut. Football reigned and the program could not be tarnished in the least bit. It was everyone's job to keep all bad behaviour quiet. It was neccesary to keep the facade going or else. Second mile was the bastion of a rapist that they knew about but did nothing, joe pa knew about the 98 incident, he knew about all the others. Hell I bet he knew about the one in 2000 as well. The cult of Penn State is just that, a cult. not a school but a cult. A cult where people come to worship the almighty joe pa and football.

And King Joe ruled them all.

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    ^ Sad but most likely true.

Exactly. It only makes it all slightly less disturbing, but there will be some justice for him sooner or later. And if there is a hell, he probably qualifies for that too.

20. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
  21. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Consider this an informal poll:

Can you imagine embracing another person, regardless of their age, if you were both naked, unless you were getting it on with them (or trying to)?

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I think that question is too simplistic since the answer is likely yes. There are situations (none that I would engage in myself) where it would be normal.

Nudists, family, etc.

I don't think any apply in the scenario at Penn State, but once you open the door to "it's ever acceptable" then you're just parsing the fine details which tends to work over juries. aka "We've already established you're a prostitute, now we're just haggling over price..."

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Are you attempting to update the NAMBLA charter? I don't even shower with my wife.

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I'd tolerate Sandusky being killed by one of his victims as a sort of moral justice, but being raped in prison? Dear God, really? How sadistic can we get? Even if Sandusky himself "deserves" it somehow, aren't we just encouraging the entire culture of prison rape that targets non-rapists as well?

25. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    it's likely to happen anyway. the challenge will be to get it on film.