main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can someone gimmie some ideas for gaming?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by ShaakTi, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaakTi

ShaakTi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2004
    Alright so i'm a HUGE RPG fan, but now I only have an XBox console, and have played the big RPG's for it, and hated most of them (excluding KOTOR 1 which I played probably 20 times). Fable, Morrowind, Sudeki and yes even KOTOR 2 all seemed to suck to me. I remember the days of good Jappanese RPG's. I'm wondering, do you think I should sell my XBox to get a PS1 and some of the old good RPGs? I mean, RPGs are honestly the only type of game I will play (not into the whole shooter thing).
    Here's what I have for XBox at the moment:
    KOTOR 2, Battlefront, some weird poker game, Morrowind, Fable and Halo.

2. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Wait for the ep3 game, all will be complete then.

Don't you just love it when people don't bother reading. He says he only plays JRPG's. That mediocre EP. III game which is coming out is anything but a JRPG. Your best bet is a PS2 for JRPG's. Out of the current consoles it has the most of them and it is also backwards compatible meaning you can play PSX JRPG's on it aswell.

IMO Morrowind and KOTOR has far more depth then anything coming out of Japan. But to each his own. Definitely check out FF Tactics on the PSX and Disgaea on the PS2.

3. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Well, I would recommend Neverwinter Nights, as it's one of my favorite rpgs...but given your post, you seem to dislike most non-Japanese RPGs. So...if you ever want to go with a non-JRPG, I'd definately recommend NWN.

However, the Xbox is essentially the one console with *no* JRPGs. Buy a PS2 if that's what you're into, as it's got what you want.

((regarding NWN: It's for PC, and you can probably find the original game without the expansions for around 20 bucks at this point. It was an earlier game developed by the makers of the original KotOR, so you might want to give it a shot.))

4. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI. If you're into Japanese RPGs, you've probably already played them.

Either way, track them down and play them again.

5. Charlie81

Charlie81 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    I don't think he dislikes western Rpgs, i think he is just dissapointed at the rpgs on xbox, i have an xbox and a ps2 and i enjot the ps2 rpgs better too.

kotor had bad gameplay and was kinda boring.
    morrowind is would be great, if only it had a decent combat system and it was more fast passed.
    fable was great but too short.

I recommend getting ninja gaiden for your xbox. i know its anot an rpg but it is the best action/adventure in the world.

for the pc, you can get the platinum version of neverwinter nights wich has the game, 2 expansions, and modules.

or just wait for dungeon lords.

6. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    I agree with ezekiel. Final Fantasy VI in particular is a masterpiece, one of the best of the FF series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.