main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can someone give me a name of a battle.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediMasterGuff, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Hi there, living in UK I have read very little Clone Wars stuff (due to the hardness of getting comic books here) and I need a name of a battle (not Geonosis) that one certain Jedi Knight could have died in.

The Jedi is the Rodian Jedi in the upcoming Jedi 3-pack from hasbro:

Jedi 3-pack

2. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Umm... There hasn't. That Jedi toy pack is just random Jedi. He could have been killed at Geonosis or survived, it's impossible to tell.

3. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    You misunderstand. I'm not asking if he's survived or not, I'm just saying can someone give me the name of a battle, any battle. There is a reason behind, just aint telling anyone yet.

4. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Jabiim is a major battle of the clone wars...
    currently being featured in the Republic comics.

5. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    So a lot of jedi die there?

Can someone give me the basic storyline there?

6. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    the storyline is just shaping up... but yes, jedi do die there.

here's the desc. of issue 1 from the dark horse site:
    General Kenobi and his First Lieutenant, Anakin Skywalker, find themselves transferred to a post on the rain-soaked planet Jabiim. The fighting is fierce, and the vast majority of the locals have sided with the Separatists--leaving the Republic's outposts isolated and vulnerable. In the face of mounting casualties and shrinking resources, Obi-Wan leads what he hopes will be a crippling attack on the enemy. But the environment is against the Jedi and his clone troops--the rain won't let up, their war machines bog down in the mud, and air support is non-existent! This might be Obi-Wan's final mission!

A pivotal battle in the Clone Wars, it sets the stage for a young Jedi to become a hero, for others to become martyrs, and for a decision that will affect the next generation of the Skywalker family!

and here is the desc. of issue #2:
    Obi-Wan Kenobi is MIA, presumed dead.
    When his master is killed in a battle with Jabiimi rebels, Anakin Skywalker finds himself assigned to a squad of similarly "orphaned" Padawans. The non-stop rain and violent storms on Jabiim suit Anakin's mood of despair punctuated with rage. Some of the other Padawans feel the same way. Whether they're aware of it or not, they all have chips on their shoulders and are looking for either revenge...or a way to follow their dead masters in death.

When a routine re-supply mission turns into a life or death fight, Anakin is faced with a choice: either set his feelings aside and follow his training, or give into his anger and use the power of the dark side!

. . . .
    hopefully this is enough to set you on a path...

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    A Rodian Jedi who might be the same character participated in the Battle of Kamino.

8. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    I really like the 'orphaned Padawans' bit, that could really help me. I think I'll need to read it to get the full story, oh well, another trip to Glasgow.

And The2ndQuest, sorry if I misunderstood, what are you talking about?

9. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    In the last Insider, they name 3 Jedi who die on Jabiim but haven't been named in the first issue of the Jabiim series, so maybe the Rodian was there.

10. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Try this web site:

www.starwarz.com/clonewarseu

They've got a timeline and descriptions of every battle to come out so far.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> And The2ndQuest, sorry if I misunderstood, what are you talking about?<<

Well, if I udnerstood your question correctly, you wanted to know of a battle where that Rodian Jedi may have participated in/died at.

Well, a Rodian Jedi, who may be the one the action figure is based on (or vice versa) can be seen during the briefing leading up to the Battle of Kamino in Republic #50. He presumably is one of the Jedi Starfighter pilots in the battle, but he could have participated in the actual city defense.

12. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.