main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can someone school me on the EU after ROTJ???

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by s0Lstar18, Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s0Lstar18

s0Lstar18 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2005
    Ok,I've never really understood the events that happen after ROTJ.In these forums I might read someone mention a thing or two but it's really confusing and I don't know where to start and where IT ends.I want to gain more knowledge so I won't be ignorant about it. I read things like how Luke has "Emerald Lighting" and Jacen Solo can Munipulate memories and sometimes I think that it's rediculous like these are powers from like a video game or something.So can someone help me because I also read on here that Luke saw a holovid of AniVader Force Choking his Mother so does he not like him or hate him now??? and is everyone stronger than what Anakins Potential was supposed to be???and does Anakin come back as a force ghost and see his mom or Padme do him and Obi Wan reunite???it's so confusing...PLEASE HELP!!!

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    The book 'Truce at Bakura' is set 24 hours after the battle of Endor. So its a good start if you want to go in order. After that, the Heir to the Empire Trilogy is next. But I am sure there are many others more knowledgable on this who could help you..

3. s0Lstar18

s0Lstar18 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2005
    Thanks for the info!!!! can you tell me what happens???I don't have the money to get the books rite now.....:p

anymore knowlegible patrons???

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Um...no. To tell you what happens in the nearly 100 or so books post ROTJ, would take alot more time than I have this year! :p Go to your local library...sure they have some of them! ;)

5. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Seriously, it's impossible to tell you everything that has happened in the EU post-ROTJ to now. Even a basic summary could take pages and still leave out tons of details. Start with the books Adalia suggested and keep reading. This timeline has most of the books, but it only goes up to the NJO, and a few more books have been published since then (those are probably what you've been hearing everyone talking about). Experiencing it for yourself will be so much better than having someone tell you! ;)

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Purchase the "New Essential Chronology" from your local bookstore. It'll tell you everything you ever wanted to know, and then some.

7. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    You'd best served by following Durron's adivce and starting with Truce at Bakura and going from there.

8. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i've found the library to be invaluable in my reading. glad to see you getting interested in the EU

9. JacenKatarnC3PX

JacenKatarnC3PX Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2005
    If your going for books, Truce at Bakura would be the best bet for a starter. But if you just want info, I'm 100% with GAJ on this one. The New Essential Chronology is excellent. It gives plenty of details and talks about all the battles. Plus, if you have time, Star Wars Wiki has the most detailed info about anything you really want to know that I have ever seen. But you need a lot of time on your hands to read it. And, since anybody can edit it, and tiny bit of it is fanon. But mostly facts people go in there and correct that

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Also, to answer your question, yes--I'm always happy to "school" anyone. :cool:

11. OBIWANAmidala

OBIWANAmidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2006
    I think it would be okay if you read the thrawn tilogy first.

12. FloppyMaN

FloppyMaN Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2005
    This would be harder then explaing Star Wars it self to someone who doesn't know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.