main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can these movies be nit-picked any more?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by JediRandy, Sep 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Shelley not a bash. Bu tyou put the "d" in wrong place. anidanami. But don't worry about it.

Here I'm telling you that you got something wrong and i spell worry woory. go figer.

2. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    JediRandy-- I am glad we are finally finding some common ground. See these battles are not always for nothing. ;)

Dooku wants her dead because Palpy does. He's working for him (sideous). She's the one block of the army creation act. She's dead and nobody wonders where this army came from or who ordered it. We have to remember that Palpy is the mastermind of this whole thing. The Cis (what does this stand for exactly? I'm out of the loop on that one) is the Trade Fed and the battle droids is being used by Palpy, and the clones are Palpy's. He's covering himself in every way.

This is all TRUE. I totally agree with your summary of the plan. But how would Padme know this at the start of AOTC? That's my point. How could she be aware of all this and then accuse Dooku? If she did know, then I fully understand. But at that point in the movie it would be impossible for her to be on to Palps like that.

Your Jango agruement. I think you swayed me on that one. Why the hell did he jump down there? What an @$$. Ironic how his son did the same dumb act huh? You win GDS.

It was pretty dumb right? But rather than say I win, I'll say we agree.

This is touchy. It could go either way. I think its pretty obvious where he was going. Assuming that he could take a left turn up there and end up in any number of places is speculation. But, my theory is speculation too. A draw on this one? If anyone else has theorys on this I'd love to hear them.

This is touchy. I am defintiely speculating on where he could have gone. There's no indication to support me. So I will call this a draw.

You have to switch back and forth. Where else are we going to go? Their both vital plot lines in the story. Plus quick transitions are what the SW films are all about. In ESB we swiched from Dagobah, Vader's Star Destroyer, Han and Leia on the Falcon... and a few other places withing these lines. Cloud city, introduction on the Emperor, etc. I don't mind quick transitions... I like them actually. And the daylight table scene to the fire place scene. I don't see a problem with that at all. It was day time, but why do you need transition from dinner to a fire place den/living room... is it impossible to go from dinner to a fireplace for a talk? I don't agree with you here GDS.

I don't mind the switching either. But it seemed to be done better in other movies. Even in ROTJ, when we finally see Luke with some decent training get it on with Vader, the switching was not at the crucial points of the scenes. In AOTC, I found that just as either guy was stumbling on to something big, it switched.
    re: the fireplace. I still feel going from a table conversation during the day to a fireplace at nite in different clothes is a weird jump. They never indicated previously that they were even going to be snuggling later that nite. It was a bit strange. And then Padme's outfit did not match her prudeness at all. Maybe that's what's annoying me?

They were over quickly but really, how long can they be? They're great and everyone loves them but they can only be so long. Everyone wanted more Maul in EP1, but the saber scene there was pretty long covering alot of space. As for Ep2. We got Dooku fighting Obi-wan, Ani (with 2saber before losing his arm) and then Yoda totally kicking butt. in the end you can never get enought lightsaber stuff.

True, we can't get enough. But these fights were really, really short. I mean Anakin with 2 sabers? He held 2 sabers for seriously like 2 seconds. They did not have to be 5 minutes each, but it would have been nice to see a little bit more action. I found the length dissapointing. Especially for the finale. Look at Qui Gon's first encounter with Maul. That was quick and served its purpose. The Sith are back and they are well-trained. Qg was ambushed. It made sense to have it be a short duel. In the hangar, it was a face-to-face fight. I think they could have been a little bit longer. It would serve 2 purposes 1) more entertainment 2) it could show Dooku's great skills an

3. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Ooops! Sorry about that, anidanami.

4. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    GDS this is what Padme said.

Padme: I think that Dooku was behind it. Key words I think

She did not say I know Dooku is trying to kill me. She siad I think. There is a big diffrenc in the words I think and I know.

Also later when she was talking with Obi-wan and Anakin.

Padme: I want to kow who is trying to kill me.

Also some one told her it could be Dooku. Again she was only guessing.

5. guittarjedi

guittarjedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2002
    Shelley,without us these boards would be as mind numbingly boring as Obi-wan's walk through the clone factory.

6. DrEvazan

DrEvazan Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 19, 2002
    and without shelley to remind us, we would keep forgetting about FOTR.

7. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    DO you two have any thing to say abotu what you like inthe mive what you did not like. It's easy talk about what you don't like with otu bashing Gl or someone who like AOTC. or even with what bashing some one who was just giving an opinoin.

8. guittarjedi

May 21, 2002
    Yeah GDS,when Anakin fought with two sabers I was like "yes!" and then it was over so fast I was like "Aww,COME ON!!"

9. JediRandy

JediRandy Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 21, 2002
    Okay, I'm plum out. GDS...thanks again. Althogh if more topics come up, which I'm sure they will I'll put my two cents in.

10. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    Shelley,without us these boards would be as mind numbingly boring as Obi-wan's walk through the clone factory.

Actually, no, they wouldn't. I go to a board where everyone generally agrees about the topic, but there is plenty of lively and interesting discussion.

11. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    I really annoy you, don't I, DrEvazan?

12. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Hey Shelly could you PM me the name of that forum.

13. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    "But how would Padme know this at the start of AOTC? That's my point. How could she be aware of all this and then accuse Dooku? If she did know, then I fully understand. But at that point in the movie it would be impossible for her to be on to Palps like that."

First off, no one is keen to Palpatine and his overall plan yet. Padme assumes it is Dooku because he is leading a Separatist movement and is allied with the same people that tried to kill her before.

-I agree both Jango and Boba are lacking in the brains department and die stupid deaths as a result. Possibly another reason stormtroopers are retarded in the OT?

- I can see why the editing can seem a bit quick but it's not a case of Lucas having a quick trigger finger. The score runs as a continuous piece here, and builds to Anakin's confession and breakdown.

-They are having dessert when we cut to them at the dinner scene. And from the backround we can see it's just about sundown. So, the fireplace scene didn't cut too bad. I think the tone startles people, as Anakin lays it one nice and thick with the teenage angst. And BTW, they're wearing the same clothes in both settings.

- Of course everyone wants more saber-fighting. The soft glow and hypnotic whirring of the blades are the most delicious eye-candy out there. Unfortunately, I think the battle was cut for time. Don't worry though, I think Episode III will have plenty to for us to drool over!

EDIT: Basic English grammar

14. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Shelley,without us these boards would be as mind numbingly boring as Obi-wan's walk through the clone factory

And that would bother you why? Do you feel its your duty to liven things up? Leave us to our video-gamey movies and you go discuss something you enjoy, I'm sure you'll find it much more rewarding.

15. guittarjedi

May 21, 2002
    Sorry to burst your bubble Shelley but in life people WILL do and say things that you disagree with,welcome to the real world.

16. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    Sorry to burst your bubble Shelley but in life people WILL do and say things that you disagree with,welcome to the real world.

Why are you telling me this? DrEvazan is the one who can't seem to deal with the fact that not everyone hated AOTC as much as he did. Hence his jabs at the taste and intelligence of people who actually liked AOTC.

17. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Green_Destiny_Sword,

Yes, how could Padme know at the start of AOTC that Dooku was allied with the Trade Federation when NO ONE else knew it except Dooku and the TF.

You're right, maybe what bugs you about the fireplace scene is how her clothes didn't match her prudishness.

I mean, would you dress like that (assuming you're a woman) in front of a friend who was to become a priest?

Lady S.

18. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Lady S GDS please read what I post she said I think. not I know.

I will give you an exmple. I think the detroit lonis will win next sunday. not.

but I never said I know they will win because I don't so you would say I think.

19. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    ani,

But she didn't even have enough info to base that 'I think' on at the start of the movie.

Lady S.

20. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    i don't have eonugh info to say the Red wings will win the next game but I will say I think they will win.

People say that all the time when they don't have all the info. They say I think maybe it is. and so on. but they do not say I know.

Think about the things that we say in the real world.

Heck we say that about movies, books, TV shows, before they even come out we sy I think it will be a good moive, book, show.

We even say it a about games I think the Wings and Dalls game will be good. I don't have all the info so I say I think it will.

21. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Oh and Yes are are many other ways I can say I think but not have all the info.

I think GTA VC is going to be a good game. I haven't played yet or have all the info but I can still say that.

Also before I got Kigndom Hearts I said I think it will be a very good game. I don't have all th einfo about it, nor did I play a demo to it but I can still say I think. But after playing it I can say I know it is a good game.

So some one can't say I think with out all the info. Well that is way it is called a theory. People use those two words all the time for things.

Anohter exmple. I think the Next WWE show samckdown will be real good. I don't have all the info but I can still say I think.

I all things I say don't help you to understand that sh ecould say that then I don't know what will.

22. MobartZmuda

MobartZmuda Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    I would think accusing someone of being behind the assasination attempts on your life is just a bit more serious than predicting who will win a football game. You don't go to the police station and tell them you think John Doe is trying to kill you if you have no reason to believe John Doe wants you dead.

The line should have been something like, "My sources tell me Dooku is behind the attacks" or something of that nature.
    Out of all the people in the GFFA to blame, she picked the person who she would believe at the begining of AOTC to be on her side (neither want a Republic army).

Why didn't Padme blame Nute Gunray? That would have been a logical response.

23. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I don't usually hype games, but the first PS2 version of GTA3 was nothing short of a gaming revoluion, and from what I have heard about Vice City, it should be even more innovative. If you don't reserve your copy now, you will probably have to wait a while after release.

24. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Someone did tell her. Read the book in fact the only books that are conan are the one based on the moives. IMO.

It's like Yoda not telling Mace that he heard Jinn's voice. People say he should have. Way he had no idea what was neve going on. Hell he thought the dead could not talk.

This is also a movie lines like I think such and such did this are used all the time. No I'm not go to name them all hear I would have to watch all them and right know I don't feel like doing that.

25. MobartZmuda

MobartZmuda Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    ^ What about the ROTJ book. It says Owen and Obi-wan are brothers--should we take that as being "canon"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.