main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can They Do That? (Knight Jinn story, humor, REPOST)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by p_stotts, Feb 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Must have hit "lock topic" by mistake when I posted this earlier. Here it is again:

?Can They Do That??
    BY: p_stotts
    CATEGORY: Humor
    SETTING: pre-TPM, Qui-Gon is 25.
    SUMMARY: Qui-Gon and Mace attempt to take a vacation.
    RATING: PG - language.
    DISCLAIMER: I don?t own them, and I never claimed to. But, darn I wish I?d thought
    of them first! I?ll be nice and pick up after myself when I?m done.
    SPECIAL THANKS to Moonscribe for your ideas, encouragement, and beta.

// indicates thoughts
    ** indicates Force communication

Newly-knighted Jedi, Qui-Gon Jinn and Mace Windu disembarked from their Republic
    transport on Vecton IV. The pair had been graciously granted a week?s leave by the Jedi
    Council at the completion of their Trials.

The choice of destination hadn?t been hard. Both men liked warm sunshine and sandy
    beaches, something that Vecton IV had in abundance. The planet?s major trade lay in
    tourists and vacationing families. The Jedi had reserved a house on the beach at the edge
    of one of the many seashore resorts that populated the bulk of the planet?s surface.

After leaving the spaceport they rented a speeder for the week, and purchased a map of
    the local area. The resort village was about three hours from the spaceport, and they
    arrived by mid-afternoon in plenty of time to check in and stock up on provisions for the
    week.

The two men first went to the rental office, finalizing the paperwork so they could pick
    up their access code to the beach house. After perusing the information they?d supplied,
    the landlord?s eyebrows shot up. He looked at the prospective renters, then at the data
    pad, then back up to the two young men.

?Um,? he began nervously, ?it says here that your residence is the Jedi Temple on
    Coruscant??

Qui-Gon and Mace had agreed that for this one week they?d wear civilian clothes, and
    keep their lightsabers packed away in their luggage. After the rigors of apprenticeship and
    their Trials, they just wanted to act like normal people during what would probably be the
    last break they?d get for a long, long time. Besides, it wasn?t like anyone would be
    shooting at them with blasters while they were here.

They?d forgotten about the security check for the rental agreement. ?Yes,? Qui-Gon
    confirmed, not elaborating.

The man leaned back in his chair, and continued to study the information on the data pad.
    He was a human male, about middle age, if his receding gray hair and mid-torso paunch
    were any indication.

The landlord glanced up at the two men again. ?What, exactly do you boys do at the Jedi
    Temple??

?We?re Jedi knights,? answered Qui-Gon truthfully.

Mace leaned forward and peered at the man. ?We?d prefer to keep that information quiet,
    if you don?t mind. We?re on vacation, and we just want to relax.?

The man?s eyebrows knitted together in a question. ?Can you do that??

?Which? Take a vacation, or relax?? asked Mace.

?Both?either,? he answered, starting to get confused.

?Yes,? answered Qui-Gon.

The man stared at them a moment longer, and then shrugged. He slid a microchip across
    the desk to them. ?Your access code is on this,? he said. ?Just fit it into the access panel
    on the front door, and it will let you in.?

Qui-Gon pocketed the chip and got up. ?Thank you, sir. Have a good day.?

?We?re going to have all kinds of unwanted attention now, aren?t we?? asked Mace as
    they descended the front steps of the rental office and headed to their speeder.

?Maybe not,? said Qui-Gon.

Mace chuckled. ?Yeah, you just keep dreaming.?

Qui-Gon gave his friend a lopsided smile. ?Well, it could happen.?

Their next stop was the local all-in-one shop where they proceed to gather food and
    supplies for the coming week. Elevated voices at the front of the store drew their
    attention as they made their way up to the checkout counter.

?I?m telling you, Cherlene,? said a clearly angry male voice, ?that little brother of yours
    cost me big time!?

?Ow, Bracken!? a female voice answered. ?Let g

2. Master_Tahl

Master_Tahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2000
    LOL, great story. The title definetly fits. =)

3. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    LoL...the title does fit right in...and they're right, only they could screw up a vacation!

4. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999

I read this earlier and was sorry i couldn't reply. It's knock-down funny!!! ;]

5. Liara

Liara Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2000
    why is it that even though I end up re-reading all kinds of fics they are even better the second time

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    This was a new one to me and I just loved it Peggy!

My favorite part was when on hearing Cherlene laugh Qui-Gon vowed to make her laugh as much as possible.

Great story!!!

7. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Thanks guys!

8. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    I hadn't seen this one before so I'm glad you reposted. Cute story and I loved the running gag. Amoung the many other things I love, I love a good laugh and your story had me LOL. A good way to start the day. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.