main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can we get a new JCC banner?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DarthTunick , Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    It's been awhile since we've had a new one, and I'm getting pretty bored by the one we currently have.

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I think it'd make sense to wait until after the upcoming move. That way, if there are problems with applying different banners to different forums, it wouldn't have wasted the banner artists's time and effort making banners that would never be displayed.

3. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    That makes sense, YodaJeff, glad you brought that up.

4. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    yeah the odds of having a banner contest before the move is pretty much zero. after the move, maybe.

5. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    I volunteer to make one, but only using ULEAD GIF ANIMATOR.

6. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    In Xie I trust.

7. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    xie posted on 2/3/05 8:34pm
    I volunteer to make one, but only using ULEAD GIF ANIMATOR.
    [hr][/blockquote]

Listen to Xie we must.

And whats with the red font? Makes the eyes hurt! You should bold it at least so it stands out. :p

8. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    I'd suggest the Led Zeppelin banner, but outside of the Zeppheads, that'd just get shot down. But it is a cool banner.

And I agree with Tracy, after the move we could hold a contest, but I don't think holding it beforehand would be a good idea.

9. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Besides, I love our current banner :p

10. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    The YJCC is not the only forum that needs a new banner. The RPF needs a new banner!!! IMO.

darth_nemisis

11. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    The original goal was to get a new RPF banner for the New Year, but given the recent developments regarding the future of the boards, I'd just as soon deal with the one we have for a little while longer. There's little point in working on a new banner before we know what the technical specifications will be after the move.

12. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Ahh, I see. I hope we can get a new one soon though. It is getting a little boring. \

darth_nemisis

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Well since there won't be any new banners until after the move, I hope it will happen sooner then later.

14. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    There are about 3-4 JCC banners that could be switched and used for now in order to give the forum a fresher feel.

15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    That would be a great short term solution. :D

16. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    There are about 3-4 JCC banners that could be switched and used for now in order to give the forum a fresher feel.

Ew, no!

17. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah, what happened to those? I remember some of them were pretty good.

18. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    You guys don't know how good you have it. We've been green at the Archive for three years. :p ;)

19. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I always thought the one that's up now was the best of the 3-4 banners that were in rotation for a while. I always felt more comfortable when this one was up... and so I was pleased when it stuck. But yeah... after the move a banner contest would be ace.

20. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    "The original goal was to get a new RPF banner for the New Year, but given the recent developments regarding the future of the boards, I'd just as soon deal with the one we have for a little while longer. There's little point in working on a new banner before we know what the technical specifications will be after the move."

You must be the only mod who is charming while telling a lie. [:D] Truth is, we CT-slackers just held you up - and still do!! :p

and you people only want a new JCC banner for new drama material. It's been a long time since there was major moaning about the banners.
    Whoever makes the next one - put Hermione Bagwa back in :D

21. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I don't know how we lived without it all those years in the spoiler forum before about a year ago. We rotate banners all the time in there. We've got about 60 or 70 banners we rotate a lot. Sometimes we change them based on a really cool spoiler revealed or ongoing discussion and we happen to have a great character banner on that. Some mods in other forums don't prefer to rotate banners and that's fine. But I can say that we have had a really positive experience with rotating banners and it's there to stay. We've got many artists represented as well. It's great. I personally can't imagine having the same banner for so long like the JCC does. That's just me. I know for some it's familiar and comforting. For me, it's stagnant. For the forum with the banner not rotated for three years, for fun throw up the pirate banner for an hour, or in the middle of the summer put up the St. Patrick's banner for an hour. It's fun and it makes things fresh.

22. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    Well, when it's time for a new banner, I have a few suggestions. [face_mischief]

Hint: Deppheads > Zeppheads :p

23. James_Sunderland

James_Sunderland Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2005
    Yeah. I feel like I've been staring at that Clone Trooper pilot for years! AOTC was 3 years ago. Please change the banner.

24. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    The current banner was pretty cool for about a few hours after it was uploaded, then the colors got pesky and annoying. I definately think we need a new banner as soon as possible, even if we do have to wait for the move.

25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Sapient hit the nail on the head. Part of the fun of the 3SA (besides the spoilers & the Sarcasm Knights of course [face_mischief] ) is the fact that we've got so many cool, kick ass banners that are rotated to give the forum a fresh feel. I hope that this gets done in the JCC soon, very soon, since there seems to be a majority opinon here that the banner needs to be changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.