main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Can we plis stop calling Sidious Palpatine ?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Vastor, Jun 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    So many do it, Even starwars.com sometimes.His tru self in Darth Sidious Dark lord of the Sith.
    You would never call Vader Anakin right,i mean the suit is just a visual thing. He became Vader
    in epi III from the time he swore to embrace the teachings of the Sith and was given the name Darth Vader.He became Anakin again when he killed Sidious,no one calls him Anaking in OT.

When Sidious was given the name Sidious he was a young boy. He was forced to use the alias Palpatine his former self only as a means to an end, to become ruler as the the grand plan played out
    Sure the senate etc knew him only as Palpatine but my point is we should not call him something.
    he is not.After epi III i'm prety sure anyone who called him Palpatine got a bolt of lightning their way.
    Vader would never call him Palpatine, Yoda called him Sidious in epi III.His canon name as a Sith is Sidious nothing else.Same with Tyranus aka Dooku. I mean we are what we are right ?

Even Wookieepedia does this mistake, it should be Darth Sidious also known as Palpatine.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Palpatine

Palpatine
    [​IMG]

Darth Sidious
    [​IMG]

2. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.