main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can we put a limit on the number of times a user is allowed to change their colors per hour?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by darth_grievous1, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    For us, if it didn't show up consecutively on four pages of the log before we actually saw another action, it'd be no big deal and you could change them every second. However, that above is an actual copied portion of four pages of 50 line items per page of a color change for a user. So, not really hurting anyone, and nothing worth getting bent out of shape about, but something we'd have less of in an ideal world.

2. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Is it me, or are the rules here really complicated?

3. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
  4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    RE: sending a link to the VIP thread: like Tyi, I do it too, even if it's just for something like 24 for a game.

And to whoever said it: yes, game hosts (and ex-mods) are only allowed to wear red. Ex-RSAs can have any font color, and game winners can have whatever they want for 24 hours or however long.

5. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    It's not a rule. You can change your colors as much as you'd like when you're given them. Now, I can't promise you won't get on people's nerves, but there's no rule.

6. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Or you can settle on a color scheme when you have colors and make them your own. Take DarthSapient for example...anyone else who opts for the yellow/black combo will be an imitator. He pwns the yellow/black so much that there's a banner memorializing it.

7. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    All in all, it's not that big of a deal when someone gets colors and keeps trying out different schemes. I know the user is excited and I can't really expect them to want to settle on a color since it is a temporary promotion. The prize, after all, is the ability to change colors and to not have the OPPM. Every change does translate to one admin action entry. We can also filter for what we need to see. The suggestion that we get better at reminding new VIPs and mods about changing colors and using off-site tools for testing out colors is a good one. I usually remember it for mods but not for VIPs. Thanks. :)

8. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Question: Should Fan Force founders get red colors?

9. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Question: Should Fan Force founders get red colors?

No, unless you mean the founders of all of FanForce.

10. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    That would actually be a better question to ask the Fan Force Communications folks. But IMO, no.

11. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Aye. Is there anything else that needs to be said? I think not. Common courtesy is appreciated but its not important enough to have its own rule and so I think we can just leave it at that.

Game winner colors are supposed to be a reward, something you have the comes with a set of rules... they're not a lengthy time period or anything, so I don't think its right or needed to regulate this.

Assuming he meant title... Its a noble concept but I don't think it would turn out great. People aren't going to play games for just getting a title... the colors are all the fun. And as far as just giving a title to longer period VIPs? Such as myself. Well obviously I LIKE having the red colors, so my answer might be a bit biased. But I would say thats not a big deal either because if there is a problem with spamming the admin logs... its going to be by people with actual colors, not by VIPs with red outlines and such.

12. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    As a follow-up to what Rhonda said in response to the question about Fan Force colors, you would definitely be better off to bring the question in the Fan Force Communications board and/or PM Jedi_Dajuan directly. :)

13. JAWAHUNTER

JAWAHUNTER Jedi Master star 1

Dec 16, 1998
    He already does. Lightsabre

14. Darth Attorney

Darth Attorney Jedi Master star 2

Oct 24, 1999
    The obvious response should not be to limit the number of changes but to limit the number of users who can do it. The front page of JCC usually has more posts from VIP's dressed in colours than normal users most of the time. It's a rainbow of stupidity.

15. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Lightsabre is the current CR for New Jersey and all CRs use the blue to designated them as a CR. :)

16. JAWAHUNTER

JAWAHUNTER Jedi Master star 1

Dec 16, 1998
    You have this person mixed up with someone else. Wrong guy, the person you are referring to is Lifesabre. The person I am talking about Lightsabre is one of the three founders of FanForce.

I think I know the rules that FanForce uses for its VIPs, I helped create and enforce them for a few years. ;)

17. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Stang, you're right.

Which means I'm wrong.

:(

18. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    But you told me you're always right.:p

As many times I've spammed the log with color changes I can't throw stones at people who do the same thing.

19. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    [face_laugh]

20. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm wrong once every 20th Blue Moon. ;)

From what Lightsabre's title says it sounds as if Lightsabre founded Fan Force . . . the original inception of the Fan Force so that is probably what entitles him to VIP status.

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Just to back up what was said above me, the founders of the FanForce organization get to be colored, but not founders of individual FanForces. Just like former CRs don't get to keep their colors. If you do have any questions about that just drop me a PM :)

22. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    True enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.