main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Can we see "Down to Florida" in ROTJ?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Forced Humor, Jan 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forced Humor

Forced Humor Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2015
    Yeah, I know, way to have a first post. But I found this while watching ROTJ about a week ago and thought it was just too obvious to be true, but... I think it might be. Carrie Fisher said that if you were standing above her, you could see "all the way down to Florida" and I think we might have such a shot in the movie. At 28:44-45, right after the exchange "Where's Leia?" "I'm here," look at the lower right hand corner of the screen, right between Jabba's arm and the circular platform. Turn up the brightness if you need to.

This could, of course, be just a part of her costume. I really have no idea but if it weren't for the fact that I couldn't find this discussed anywhere, I think I may have stumbled upon something entirely unnoticed.

2. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

*pulls your copy of ROTJ out of machine and stomps it to pieces with foot*

You'll thank me for that someday. Now, please, get out of the house. It's time to rejoin the rest of the world.

3. Forced Humor

Jan 9, 2015
    You've been on these forums since 2000. Get out of the house. Strawmanning is fun isn't it?

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ewok Poet, Yanksfan and CT-867-5309 like this.
  5. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

Sure, you're right. I stand corrected. Because having an earlier registration date can *obviously* be equated with going through the Jabba's Palace scenes with a fine-toothed comb--to the point of even playing with the contrast button on your tv--in an attempt to catch a fraction-of-a-second glimpse of Carrie Fisher's "business." Wow. Yeah. Don't I have egg on my face. :rolleyes:

Oh, and btw, regarding this:

"...that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

6. Forced Humor

Jan 9, 2015
    Dude I saw it while watching the movie. I reminded and paused in disbelief.

And Anakinfan, what the hell are you talking about?

How could I possibly be the aggressor here? I posted a topic for discussion and the first reply amounts to a condescending insult. I reply appropriately and now I'm the villain?

Edit: Let me clear something up: I was under the impression that movie mistakes like this one were okay to point out and were in fact a hot point of discussion. I was not aware of the combination of indifference and ridicule I would receive by posting what is, nudity aside, a fairly innocuous topic. I thought we were mature enough to discuss the film without attacking each others' characters and frankly I'm astonished to discover otherwise. I'm not trying to be some pig, but given the subject, yeah I probably should have waited to post something like this until I'd been a member for a while. At any rate, I have been accused, needlessly so, of being a sexist cretin who needs to have his life out in check by someone who doesn't even know him. Absolutely baffling.

7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    This is an inappropriate topic. I suggest you read the Terms of Service and make a note of this being a family friendly forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.