main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can we video tape at the Celebration?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by iycis, Jan 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Hi. Although I've had my Celebration tickets for two months now, I'm new here. I was wondering if anyone knows if we're allowed to tape with home video recorders? I know that regular cameras are acceptable but I was hoping someone who went to the first one might know. Thanks.

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I don't know about C1, but I'll check into it for C2.

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    They'd better be! I've been so totally planning on brining mine! I wanna show all my friends what they missed when they turned down my offer for them to go with me to the Celebration.

4. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    Thanks for looking into it.

5. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    I would assume that would not be a problem. There may be certain presentations which they request no video taping. This happened during the Connections presentation at Dragon*con and we did have to take video tapes from people caught filming. I would definitely bring it and I'm sure you can at least tape fans etc in the common areas if nothing else.
    Janet

6. mikk

mikk Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2000
    I don't remember anyone being prevented from video taping or taking pictures at SWC1 except for when they showed the video presentations. I'm sure it will be the same way at SWC2.

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I would hope they allow cameras into Celebration II. There is so much that I want to remember that we'll probably bring both a photo and video camera.

8. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Here's the response I got when I asked about videotaping:

"Hello Craig,

Camcorders and cameras will be allowed at the event, but there will be posted areas where you cannot use them.
    Melissa Carl
    Registration Mgr, Event Management
    Wizards of the Coast"

I was at SWC1 & I remember seeing a few people being told videotaping wasn't allowed. Hope this helps.

9. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    Thank you!!!

10. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
  11. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I was pretty jazzed too. My wife & I got a camcorder for our anniversary & that sucker is going with me to Indy. My wife however, declined to go to SWC2. She went to one day of the last one with & that was enough for her. Oh well. Her loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.