main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Can Yoda shoot force lightning?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Inno-Vader, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inno-Vader

Inno-Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    OK -

We know he can deflect it but in his brief battle with Dooku we see that he absorbs the lightning much like he did against Sidious. My question is can Yoda shoot lightning all by himself or does he need to sort of "charge up" using a darksider's force lightning to fire it back at them?

It brings up some interesting ideas about Yoda. I am starting to think that Yoda isn't the straight arrow I was led to believe he was!

I'm curious what you guys think.

END TRANSMISSION

2. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
  3. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Sure he could. If he turned to the dark side. :p

Then again, we have Jedi using Force lightning in the NJO, including Luke Skywalker, in not entirely dark ways. They just have this new philosophy about Jedi being both light and dark as the situation calls for it, aka the ends justify the means. So on a technical level I'm sure Yoda could fry with the best, but it's a matter of whether he'd choose to or not.

4. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Based on what I've from my SW RPG, force lightning is a Darkside skill. And it does a lot of damage to the person using it.

5. Inno-Vader

Inno-Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    My thoughts on the matter:

If Yoda knew how to shoot force lightning then he had to have either dabbled with dark side practices in his down time, making him a hypocrite, OR he had a previous encounter with Sith/dark side force users of which he never spoke.

Either way those are some pretty shady acts.

Is there any info on Yoda's master? If so, did this being face a dark sider before? If not, I cannot come up with a way for Yoda to possess the knowledge to shoot the lightning himself. I mean Yoda had no experience with Sith. Did his master?

END TRANSMISSION

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.