main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can you all explain something to me?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi Girl of Corellia, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Alright, I'm a bit confused here. It seems half the group thinks that certain guide lines are a good idea, the other seems to enjoy anarchy. So what are we to do?

One half cannot rest until there is order on the boards. Sure we can still have fun, but certain guidelines (not exactally rules, guidelines) can be suggested to make it easier to debate something. So that we can all have a decision in what is going on.

The other half says to hell with rules lets just dork around and have fun.

Both sound very appealing to me, but this conflict is tearing our not-so-little-anymore group into pieces. Feelings were hurt and past wounds are festering.

So this is what I propose. (more rules! I know, but here this out, I think it will make things much less painful).

Whenever someone in the group has an idea or a proposal they post it. Explaining in detail what it is, how it would work, and why people should utilize this idea or proposal. It would be almost like a campaign. Then people can post their comments on it, but the catch is you can't make fun of the idea and say that it is useless. If you do, explain why in detail.

Then after we feel that everything has been said, the current CR calls for a vote and that person makes a poll seeing how many are in favor. This will run for a week or two then it is closed.

This allows for everyone to vote, especially those who were not at a meeting due to some kind of circumstance.

Does this make sense?

I also have another proposal for a position in the RMFF. Mediator/Peacemaker. I know that many here will have disputes. If this occurs the individual that feels that they have been wronged will pm or e-mail the peacemaker and tell them about the problem. Then the peacemaker will inform the offender of the problem (as often time the offender is not even aware there is a problem). It will be worked out privately and the peacemaker will keep all disputes confidential.

Does any of this make sense? I really upsets me to see such a cool group bickering all the time and I just want it to stop.

2. BountyHunter-Firefly

BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2002
    You make a very valid point. It is definately something that should be considered.

3. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    This sounds awfully familiar, hmm, maybe because that's what was going on before. ;)

Here's the deal, sometimes toes get stepped on and sometimes people's tempers get set off. The thing is, that we just really need to try and handle it better the next time. 'K? :D

4. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    in the case of two members having disagrement's it should fall to the CR . in the latest case I should have involved bill as a peace keeper.in this case it was just a matter of newbie pride over running brains.some time squables are not fixed through direct confruntations.

5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Ok. That makes sense. The CR is the mediator.

Thanks for clearing that up.

6. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    or co city rep and in the case that me and jeff are at the BAR it would fall in jenn's lap.

7. Lewis_Black

Lewis_Black Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2002
    I don't think that being a mediator is in the job description. There needs to be a separate forum for problems. In the real world, there is the judicial system that resolves disputes and is separate from the other two branches. (And everybody said I wouldn't need 9th grade US history again!) There should be a common elected official separate from the CR.

That is my three cents (inflation...)

8. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    I agree with Lewis Black. The mediator should be someone who's detached from most of the problems, and doesn't get into disagreements all that often. If this person happens to be the city rep, so be it. This way, they are able to help as best as they can. :)

*SB*

9. Lewis_Black

Lewis_Black Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2002
  10. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    this is what i don't like. So from now on we have to explain out in every detail about what we're going to do, why, where, when and all of that? and THEN we have to get a group vote? that's ridiculous. This is a star wars group. The only thing people should worry about is where the meeting is and what time it's gonna be at. Membership rules, do this or you can't be a member. It's all ridiculous. Doing things in this group has become a chore and it's not even fun anymore.

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Joe, without some kind of guidelines all the fun can also be taken away.

And to have everyone agree on something is impossible. So the best way it to present your views hoping to sway some people then have a vote.

Any group needs to have some kind of structure, especially if it reaches the size our group is becoming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.