main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can you be a right winger or a left winger

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by beezel26, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Exactly.

I'm not a fan of Dr. Ruth myself. Try using something or someone less extreme, please.

Nobody, male or female, should feel pressured to have sex, but nobody should feel like a bad person if they do, either.

Abstinence is always an option and the only 100 percent foolproof method, but by all means the 90-99 percent foolproof methods should be taught as well, and made accessible.

2. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    When its omitted far more often than not, the disdain for it is obvious.

3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Sounds like biased anecdotal evidence to me.

You're 33 and I'm guessing without children. When is the last time you were in a classroom when a sex education lesson was happening?

4. Endor_boy

Endor_boy Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 24, 2013
    I'd think for every sex education lesson showing disdain for abstinance, there' s probably a hundred classes teaching that anything but abstinance is a sin if it's brought up at all. For years there was a goverment mandated abstinance only sex education program in public schools. I can't imagine many teachers would be comfortable showing open disdain for abstinance, it would only take one conservative kid to tell their parents and all kinds of hell would be brought down on the teacher. I don't think many educators would actually be against teen abstinence, it's the lack of teaching anything else that's the problem.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    In North Carolina we had abstinence-based education for about 15 years; thankfully that stopped a few years ago.

Our teen pregnancy rates did not decrease during that 15-year period. I call a fail.

6. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Wow, this took a turn beyond the subject matter. I am going to shut it down because it is so far away from what was intended. Not in a bad way just way way off of course. Divorce, marriage, contraception That wasn't what was asked so I am shutting it down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.