main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Can you imagine Qui-Gon working with Dooku?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by enigmaticjedi, Apr 8, 2015.

1. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Honestly, I can't. I can see Qui-Gon being sympathetic towards Dooku, but I can't see Qui-Gon aligning himself with the Sith, splitting the Galaxy, and starting a war. Actually, I think that Qui-Gon would have left the Order completely when he found out that Dooku had joined the Dark Side and started a War. He would have refused to go along with the Council and fight in a war, and would have been too disparaged to find his old friend go down the dark path.

Kenneth Morgan and ObiWanKnowsMe like this.
  2. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I agree with Dinos4Ever .. Qui-gon had his own code but didnt ever come close to being a Sith

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  3. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Dooku was aware of every single atrocity he was committing. No matter the outcome, I can't imagine Qui-Gon would be onboard with that.

4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  5. Kururu

Kururu Jedi Master star 1

Feb 9, 2007
    I can´t see Qui-Gon joining Dooku as his cause is driven by his greed and lust for power. In fact, I think Qui-Gon would have refused to take part in the Clone Wars, although not necessarily leaving the Jedi Order. However, I can see him leaving as the war gradually progresses and it erodes the Jedi moral principles.

6. Jedimaster_Darklight

Jedimaster_Darklight Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 22, 2005
    I would love to see how a conversation between Qui-Gon and Dooku would play out, if Qui-Gon's fate in TPM had been different. I'm sure it would have made for quite an interesting discussion, because they both appear quite set in their ways and very intelligent, while not completely rid of reason.

7. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    All it takes is for Qui-Gon to see Dooku is really a Sith lord or joined the dark side and he wouldn't go along with them.

DARTHLINK likes this.
  8. Inanna

Inanna Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2016
    I believe that there is good in everyone. I feel that the reason Dooku wished Qui-Gon were still alive was that he needed Qui-Gon's help him to get out of the mess he was in.

9. dsematsu

dsematsu Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2013

Dooku was just saying that to manipulate Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon would never join the dark side, as Obi-Wan rightly said.

10. Inanna

Jan 3, 2016
    I did not state my thoughts clearly. I believe the reason Dooku wished Qui-Gon were still alive is that that Dooku wanted Qui-Gon's help in getting away from the Sith.

11. dsematsu

dsematsu Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2013

What gave you the impression Dooku wanted to leave? He was power crazed if anything. His fight with Yoda showed the joy on his face as he used his dark powers. Dooku loved power above all else, he would never want Qui-Gon's help.

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    I can definitely see Dooku (and Sidious by extension) using a loose cannon like Qui-Gonn for their own purposes without his knowledge but that's a far cry from him willingly signing up as Darth Taken.

13. Inanna

Jan 3, 2016
    He sounded so sincere and emotional when he said he missed Qui-Gon.

Ezon Pin likes this.
  14. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    I don't think Qui-Gon would have worked with Dooku.

15. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  16. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    All of the future events that "would" have transpired had Qui Gon lived depend on Dooku. If he was truly that power hungry and upset with the Jedi would he have tried to recruit Qui Gon without good intentions? Or would he have left the Jedi Order being upset but not to join the Sith but to join Sifo Dyas and Qui Gon in starting a new order? If Qui Gon lives, i would like to think the latter. They could have started a new order of Jedi and rebelled against not only certain Jedi teachings (no marriage/no use of aggression/focusing on the future too often) but against the Senate and their corrupt ways. Their goal would be to seek out and destroy Sidious once they caught wind of his intentions. Even Dooku could have joined to infiltrate the Sith from the inside but obviously the power would had consumed him as it ended up doing, and it would be up to Qui Gon and Sifo Dyas to save him. Sounds like an awesome spin off movie before TPM especially had Qui Gon lived.

17. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    (I believe this is Yoda's vision from one of the TCW arcs which has a name I can't recall)

The thing about this is there's a certain "wtf" to it in that it's modern day Obi-Wan, beard and all, along with Qui-Gon as he was when alive and Dooku, again likely in the present, a bit noticeably older than when he was a Jedi Master
    That raises the question of how accurate, exactly, such a jovial interaction may have been

18. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    it's yoda's heavenly temptation vision. what things would have been like if everything had gone well. he has to deny the lovely vision and return to the harsh reality.

19. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I know from the films, canon, and legends that during Dooku had maverick views regarding the Jedi order and Republic, and we see this in Qui Gon also. I think it is possible that Qui Gon may have been tempted by the Separatists, but not by the dark side.

whostheBossk likes this.
  20. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I don't know why so many people here talk about the possibility that Qui Gon could/could not turn to the Dark Side. It wasn't implied in this conversation at all. When Dooku is talking with Obi Wan (while Obi Wan is arrested) he presents himself as the leader of the Separatists, that's why Obi Wan said : ‘I thought that you were in charge here’. So Dooku in this moment was talking about the CIS cause, nothing more. Maybe Dooku would have future ideas of turning Qui Gon if he was alive, but in this conversation they are discussing the political movement. After all, till the duels in the hangar Obi Wan had no idea that this person is indeed Lord Tyranus. So I agree with Emperor Ferus.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  21. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I like that! You could also say Darth Ras Al Gul

22. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I can't see Quigon joining the Separatists.

But man would I like to see them work together as Master and Padawan. Come on Comic people make this happen already!

Darkslayer and PCCViking like this.
  23. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Qui-Gon would not have gone with a sneak attack on the Republic or starting a war, he knew the Jedi would not the Seps from leaving which they stated in AOTC. The Jedi only attack because of the Sep's aggression, had the Seps just peacefully left the Republic the war would likely not have happened.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  24. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Well, canonically, I don't think it's been established why Dooku fell in the first place. I thought the old Legends material had established that Dooku's fall was in part in reaction to Qui-Gon's death and dissatisfaction with the Jedi. If that were the case, then it seems like had Qui-Gon not died, then Dooku himself may not have fallen.
    '
    However, in TCW it is revealed that Dooku was already going by the name "Tyranus" and killed Sifo-Dyas before Qui-Gon died.

IIRC, Sifo-Dyas was negotiating peace talks between Felucian tribes when Chancellor Valorum secretly called him away to handle a situation with the Pykes. Dooku then bribed the Pykes to shoot down Sifo-Dyas' shuttle. Meaning that Dooku had already fallen before TPM. The Clone Army would have already had to have been ordered, and Dooku had Sifo-Dyas killed during Valorum's term as Chancellor.

I think if Dooku sincerely thought that Qui-Gon would be on his side, he would have involved him in what was going on.

So I think no matter which continuity you look at, I think the answer is no, Qui-Gon would not join Dooku.

25. PCCViking

PCCViking 5X Wacky Wednesday & 4x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

In that case, had Darth Maul not been killed, I would have imagined Palpatine would have set up a confrontation between Dooku and Maul, to see who was worthy of becoming his apprentice. He probably had his eyes on Dooku to lead the Confederacy, whereas Maul wouldn't (at that time, anyway) have had the political clout to fill Dooku's shoes.

TaradosGon and Iron_lord like this.