Can you play an instrument?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by jjas, Jun 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. jangosdna Jedi Knight

star 3
    And one time...at band camp

can't play a CD without screwing something up
  2. Darth_Pestilence Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey! I play the trumpet! It's not 'uncool.' Anyway, I also play piano (grade 5 in the RCM), guitar, trombone, glockenspiel, organ, keyboard, baritone (and thus euphonium) and I play the computer. Check out imperialshadows.tripod.com/party.mid- Star Wars dance tune!
  3. Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Guitar, and since I know the mechanics of an instrument I can play the piano, one handed. I play it with my right hand since I'm so used to going to the opposite direction with my left for bass and treble :p

I mostly play anything that has a good melody and I use the alternate picking technique ;)

Very recently I've got done learning the E Blues scale so I could play my favorite film pieces. I've been trying to sway away from regular rock songs on the guitar recently for the sake of developing my own technique and style.
    Cuz if I could play a film piece with my selection of notes and to play them with my developed skill so far I'm not forcing anybody elses skill on me(Like Slash's or anybody) and I slowly progress :D

Very recently I've been doing Spaghetti Westerny stuff from my The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly soundtrack along with the Outlaws(LucasArts game) soundtrack.
  4. Jayd Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can play the triangle...
  5. jedi-mind-trick VIP

star 5
    Violin since I was four.
    Piano for 5 years.
    Vocal performance for 6 years.
    Guitar...my newest instrument. :D
  6. ash_shack_II Jedi Knight

star 2
    Mainly tuba/sousaphone, but also baritone/euphonium, trumpet/coronet, sax, piano, and one time I played bass drum at a community band concert. 1, 2; 1, 2; 1, 2... even more boring than tuba parts, 'cause I couldn't change pitch.

I play tuba, my girlfriend plays piccolo, and both our names are Ashley! :D
  7. Drapheus Jedi Knight

star 1
    Guitar, Bass, Drums - 6 yrs. I play geetar in a metal band.

I have a concert nov. 15 :)
  8. ComicDude Jedi Knight

star 3
    I play 1st Trumpet in Jazz Band. [face_mischief]

I play trombone, piano and keyboard.
  9. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    I played the clarinet in middle school. Made the tryouts for the high school marching band, but I quit before the first practice. (Still have the clarinet, though.) I took one piano course in college. Sang for two years in a choir during that time (soprano, though I can sing alto and tenor, too).
  10. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    oops i forgot i already posted in here... hehe... woodwinds rule!
  11. JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus

star 6
    Clarinet until my bastard-of-a band teacher pissed me off--DAMN HIM!!!!! I HATE HIM!!!
  12. Epyon-X Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have played violin for 9 years.

Hopefully I'll be able to learn how to play guitar (once I get enough money for a Stratocaster, that is :) ).
  13. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm a trumpet player. I'm gonna go practice for an all city honors audition.
  14. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I play violin, viola, piano, and handbells. I played flute very badly once upon a lifetime and am passable on drums, but not to speak of.
  15. Donaldson Force Ghost

star 4
    Im trying to learn the guitar, i can play two songs `a bit` so far. I am helped by the fact that my brother is brilliant on the guitar and plays in a band. It gets embarrasing sometimes when im trying to knock out a simple tune and he`s doing complicated solos and stuff.
  16. Old_Brown_Shoe Force Ghost

star 4
    I can play some electric and acoustic guitar (mostly Beatles and Dylan), but I prefer acoustic. Basically, I just strum chords-it's a wonderful release.
  17. jangosdna Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can play (piano) with myself

err...I try to play (piano) with myself

aah...I enjoying trying to play the piano "when I'm alone".
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.