main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can you play the trading card game online?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Raynar, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raynar

Raynar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 1999
    I know absolutely no one where I live that plays this game, I'm sure some do though. I'm in St. John's Newfoundland. I was just curious, because I've always wanted to try and play, if the TCG is playable online and is actually fun? :) Very ignorant about the whole thing, sorry.

2. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    You can get all the stuff you need to play online here.

There are several playgroups you can join. One of the more popular one is called The Ladder. A lot of the good players play on that one. Also there is a channel on IRC called #SWTCG where people meet to play.

Sometimes I play online and I could show you how.

3. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Wow I didn't know you could play online. I've gotten a couple people into playing the game but it dosen't seem to be to big in this area.

4. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    I know some guys in NC that play, but I am not sure that they live near you. I'll have to ask them their town name again.

5. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Didn't know you could play on line. Baca, could you send me a Pm or help me with the program?

6. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Yeah. I am just running through right now but later I can help more. Do you have AOL IM or MSN IM?

7. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    id play but i got no time til weekend, and i dont trust a computer to roll dice for me

8. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Word, I'm gonna have to d/l that when I get some time. Me and Jedi_Natalie play a lot, it is kinda hard to find people that play around where we live.

9. Raynar

Raynar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 1999
    Great, thanks for the info Bacabachaui. Most appriciated. Will probably start collecting them now.

10. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Getting people started playing is kinda hard due to a lot of skepticism, but once they start, it is easy to keep going because the game is fun. I have shown about 8-10 people how to play that like it, but our problem is getting together all at once. We actually just had a real tournament the other day for the first time in months.

Anyone that is going to get into the game for the first itme would proably like to know that at www.potomacdist.com is selling the first two expansions for $25 a booster box and free shipping (36-11 card packs. That makes 396 cards and 36-40 rares with the foil rares). The only catch is there is a $100 minimum order, but around here my friends and I just get ours at the same time to meet the minimum. Also Rebelbasers.Com is selling the newest two sets for $77 a box, which is still a great deal.

JB, the computer dice rolls do seem off sometimes when you're on the receiving end of a bad roll, but Kryptos wrote a program to track the hits after each game and they average around 50% like regular dice. Plus it's all for fun anyway.

11. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    i know, anything is better then my luck, i bet i couldnt get a hit with Death Star c!!

And id get a box but seriously i wouldnt spend 100 bucks, and noone i know would share the order, caus noone plays it! :(

12. Starkiller1

Starkiller1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2003
    Apprentice is a great program, good luck to those getting started with it.

13. Loyal-Guard

Loyal-Guard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    I got the program to work. It's pretty cool, but is there anyway I can play a solitare game with this program, or even a way where i can set up and direct both sides of a game?

14. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I also recommend buying from wholesalegaming.com they have all kinds of games booster boxes. They sell the first 2 sets for $28 plus pre-con deck boxes. Its about $5 shipping no minimum. I've bought several boxes of Jedi Knights there and the prices are just awesome.

15. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    I might do that, but not now, later

Oh and dont forget to...
    Bid For Benji

16. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    You should be able to play solitaire by clicking start new game and selecting that option. Also, if you open two, you can connect to yourself over the net I think.

17. Loyal-Guard

Loyal-Guard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    When I click solitare option, I cant figure out how to get the other side to set up its cards. Boy I really get the feeling Im screwing this thing up.

18. Itchy_c

Itchy_c Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2002
    You can play this online?

19. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Yup, click the link above for the stuff.

I have never tried Solitaire so I guess you could just keep trying and let us know what works!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.