Can you say Pathetic?

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Mastadge, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just_A_Slacker Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Everytime I see Peter Parker now, i'll see the kid for Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Cool! I've never been in a convertable!

2. Ender Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    What am I looking at?

A computer screen?
  3. M-RdotM-A-N Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Ah, yes my friend, well played.
  4. Ender Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  5. Bossk_BountyHunter Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I've avoided it at theatre for two reasons.

#1- I hate going to the theatre.I end up hating whichever film I see there because its very uncomfortable.

#2- They cut out the songs!The beautiful poetry of Tokien is gone!I understand why though.The mass audience will not want to hear Ian Holm belting out verses.But for this I am disappointed.

I will buy it on dvd.Before even seeing it!
  6. Mitt Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You know I feel sorry for the kid, he must have a terrible memory if he thinks one glance at another person's face is going to erase the one hes had in his mind for a long time. Plus I also feel sorry for him for not getting the tv guide channel or having a remote with a mute button and ability to close his eyes during commercials.
    His dad seems to justify his behavoir. Can I see an interview with his mom who doesn't mind her teenage son screaming and running from the room over a commercial?
  7. AdmiralZaarin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This kid sounds more like a 6 year old. Have we overestimated his maturity by 10 years? This is ridiculous. Tolkien would be turning in his grave!
  8. Bossk_BountyHunter Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I read that Tolkien hated movies and didn't want his work turned into film.So I guess indeed he would be turning over in his grave.
  9. Jedi_Xen Jedi Master

star 4
    This is funny, I knew a 12 year old girl who wanted to see Harry Potter to see if the characters matched what she always imagined and this guy is scared it will ruin the images he created of the characters he pictured.

His 6 year old behavior is laughable. Though like its been said its his choice, he seems to be a little baby when it comes to handling the situation, maybe he should lock himself in a dark room for the remainder of his life cause this LOTR is not going to go away soon. We got a new one coming out this year and another next year, then of course they will be released on VHS/DVD.

I wonder if he complained when the Aminated sereis (Which has been out longer than hes been alive) messed up his image of the characters.
  10. study3600 Force Ghost

star 3
    My dad has been reading the Hobbit and LoTR all his life and when he took me and my sister to see the movie he LOVED everything about it. "Never a dull moment" "They did all the characters right." But Dad has still retained his own vision of what they look like.

"Where there's a whip....
    there is a way....
    Where there's a whip....
    There is a way...."
  11. study3600 Force Ghost

star 3
    My sister and I loved it, too.
  12. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    Now if it was the "Scooby Doo" movie, I would be a little more sympathetic towards the guy. :p

Quote:
    Can anyone read Gone with the Wind today without seeing Clark Cable?

Clark Cable? I think he means "Gable." ;)
  13. B'omarr Force Ghost

star 6
    Hey, it turns out that the kid in that article runs in and out of rooms with his eyes closed and sreaming like a baby all the time!

He's not pathetic at all, he just thinks that maggots are crawling in his ears. Don't you guys feel ashamed of being so critical now?
  14. Lady Viskor Jedi Master

star 4
    *raises eyerow skeptically*

.......uuuuuuuuhhhhhhh.........ok........

He must be the obsessive/compulsive type if he has to retain control over issues so trivial. *rolleyes*

EDIT: Ok, since I am adding sketches to my novel will that ruin the reader's "personal perception" of the characters? hehe, lol.
  15. JediOverlord Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That Science Fiction Weekly newsletter is some piece of work,I'll tell you what. Sci-Fi elitists thinking they know everything. I remember people there getting upset becuase the Dune mini-series didn't have many miniorities becuase it was filmed in Europe and stuff like that. I don't know why I read that thing every week,even though I don't have it permenetly bookmarked.
  16. ewingsquadron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The fact that anyone actually cares about this is pathetic.
  17. Jedi_Xen Jedi Master

star 4
    I wonder if one of those times he slammed his eyes shut and took off running he ever ran into a wall?

Poor kids not to bright you should never run with your eyes closed. I would love to see it on Americas funniest home videos the kid slams his eyes shut and runs straight into a wall, maybe he'll give himself amnesia (sp?) and has to watch the movies to get the knowledge back.
  18. DarthMak Chosen One

star 5
    I scream in horror, cover my eyes and ears, and run out of the room when I see something about LOTR on TV, but I don't like the series. You figure it out. Sorry if i'm the lone rider on the anti-LOTR bandwagon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.