main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can yu say........***BOOMDEGASER ALERT!!!! 4/15/05***

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by kitarusapien, Jul 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I've had one email address since 1995 :eek: [face_laugh]

I have others, but that one has been active since then

2. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    You know I told you I would help you move if needed. ;) :D LOL

couldn't view the pics either.....

3. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

I'm really sorry ya'll can't see the pics....it is just a sim, though....FLOL! I'll try to rig up something where ya'll can see them. And da baby girl is doin' real good in her new home. I'm going to visit tomorrow with a welder that Terry recommended to have make the wing spar support boxes I mentioned before, and hopefully, once they're done, we can have a meetin' out at the hanger so everyone can sign the wing frames before they're skinned over. The idea of signing the wing frames(or other parts of the plane) is to essentially give the ship your blessings and god-speed on her first flight.

4. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

If you go to Yahoo Groups, and search "FFDEN", you will reach our site, and then just join. Then you will have access to all the pics, not just my bird!

5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I shall bring all my RSA magic so that I can bestow it upon the bird :D

6. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

SWEET! Force from on-high! And did you see the pics of the bird, oh mighty RSA? What say yu? Look alright, it does, hhmmm, yes?

7. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Ordered up more spring steel for the landing gear, as well as the sets of outrigger wheels, master brake cylinders and rudder pedal set. Credit card hurt real bad....FLOL!

ALSO managed to find some perfect rectangular aluminum stock which I had cut to form, and the pieces are now at the welders being assembled. These lil' buggers will, dare I say, form the support bed for the wings! That means by tomorrow, the wing frames may be positioned on the frame. If so, that'll be the first time the fuselage will be photographed/portrayed as an actual X-Wing. I cannot wait!!!!

8. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Put up another simulator pic of the bird on "Yahoo Groups" under the FFDEN upload image section. This one's a little better with more detail on the bird. And yes, kids, that indicator in the upper left of the image does say 436.46MPH!!!! Reality will probably not let me get there, but it's always good to dream!

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    The bird is looking great so far... I'm betting it will look even better flying overhead :D

10. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Spent all day installing the wing spar support boxes....that was tough! I tried to test-fit a wing, but there was too much trimming and repositioning to be done, and it was already 4PM, so I stopped for today. I gotta go night-night before I go to work....FLOL!

11. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Spent all day(when I shoulda been sleepin')at the hanger with my aviation-buddy talkin' about how best to proceed with the wing mounting and the final work on the landing gear. Then went and got another $125 worth of aluminum plate stock to do just those things! Tomorrow, well, probably sleep first, then......plating the wings for mounting!!!!

12. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Received my order from the aircraft company, and got my twin brake assemblies, pedals, outriggers wheel assemblies, and leaf springs....looks like I'll be REAL busy this week!

13. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Oh, mama. I just did a quick tally of the upcoming costs for the PSRU, the engine parts, the prop and a few other neccesities.

OW.

14. Darkmood

Darkmood Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2004
    Sounds like your making good progress! Hopefully I'll get to see it sometime!

15. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Went out to the hanger straight after work, and managed to temporarily mount the new springs/wheels/tires onto the nose gear and outriggers before I succumbed to hunger and 20deg temps inside that icebox...FLOL! With the belly supported correctly, but the cockpit unloaded, I dropped the nose about two feet to simulate a rough landing, and the new spring/oak strut did a nice job of absorbing the impact. The outriggers mounting is actually reversed so that the spring goes up and over the back of the wheel assembly so it can be all mounted within the confines of the lower gunpods and thus be non-retractable.....I hope! Tomorrow, if my EAGLES whallop the Vikings, I'll celebrate by going back out to the hanger and starting work on the leaf spring for the main gear and attaching the aluminum sideplates onto the wings so they can be mounted in the spar support boxes.

16. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

I finally got the main gears' dual leaf springs installed, and bounced the nose on the dual sprung nose gear, which turned out pretty good. I was a little dismayed to see the main gear still compressing enough to move it's aft location under load further back from CG than I like, but pluggin' the coords into the sim showed that as long as the outrigger wheel assemblies are on the same lateral line, the ship still lifts off OK. Once the engine, trans & prop is installed, no doubt I will need to add at least one more leaf to the main gear to compensate for further compression from the excess weight aft.

17. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

For the last couple of day, I've been diligently working on building, drilling, matching, grinding & installing the aluminum plates to the spar root of the portside lower wing to ready it for attachment to it's wing spar box. Today, two friends of mine from the experimental aircraft group came out to see the bird, and were quite impressed......they would have even been more impressed if they'd managed to stick around until 5PM to see the portside lower wing sticking out of the fuselage!!!!!! Yes, that's right......I am mere hours away from getting the first wing installed! By tomorrow afternoon, I'll be on to the starboard lower wing, and by weekend, all four wing cores will be on the ship!!!!! YIPPEEE!!!!

18. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    You are amazing Tim.....I need to try and register for the pic thing again, I still haven't seen them.

19. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Here's the directions once more, lady-bug.....

Go to Yahoo Groups, use their search engine to locate "FFDEN", then simply sign up using your own name and password, then go to the misc pics, and look at the upload files....THAT'S IT!

20. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Decided to reconfig the wing spar root with thinner aluminum plates, and now the wing is fully seated in it's support box and on it's outrigger wheel assembly. Now that the first wing frame is hanging on the fuselage, the others shouldn't be too difficult.

'Course.....now that I've JINXED myself.......FLOL!

21. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Goin' out to WOTR today set me back a day, but tomorrow, I'll hang the starboard lower wing frame, and start gluing up the oak root sectionals on the upper wings for mounting on the airframe....already got most of the aluminum crossmembers in place to link all the wings together, so at least there's that....FLOL!

22. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

ALRIGHT!!!! Now I'm peeved!!!! Who da POO_DOO took the liberty of mountin' the starboard lower wing on my BIRD!?

Oh, wait....that would be me.....HE, HE!

23. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

"Looky, looky Senator!"

"X"-ed wings on da bird!!!!! That would be all four, even, and wouldn't ya know it....they're all right at fifteen degrees, just like I planned.

It's a good day.

FLOL!!!!!

24. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Pictures, pictures!

25. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Processing.....stand by.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.