main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Can yu say........***BOOMDEGASER ALERT!!!! 4/15/05***

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by kitarusapien, Jul 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

I almost forgot.....the machinist will be done with the driveshafts for the prop speed reduction unit by next week, and at the same time, the engine should arrive. My latest hope is to get the PSRU mounted on it's frame, and get that frame/prop aligned correctly on the aft engine plate by the 20th of this month.

2. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Murphy be damned, this ship is gonna fly!!!!

ROFL. I love you Tim.

...In a manly platonic uncomfortable-hug-with-a-quick-pat-on-the-back kinda way.

Murphy be damned!!!

3. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Yea...ummm....right back at ya....ummmm...bro! FLOL!

Hey, and uummmm, ya might wanna get that motivator looked at, hhmmmm?!

WAIT A SEC!!!! What da POO_DOO happened to yur icon?! A brain???? Where's da lil' droid goin'' BOOM!!!!? FLOL!

4. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Today, I did.......absolutely nuthin'.....FLOL!

5. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Those are my fave kinda days....

6. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Can I have one of those days? Purty Please? [face_praying]

7. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    If I stumble across an extra one, M....it's all yours!

8. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Today, the WOTR bird consumed all my freetime, and probably tomorrow in the AM, too, but HEY!!!! Ain't that ship lookin' great!? Nice work everyone!!!!

9. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Today I finished trimming up the lexan canopy, and started replacing the plain nuts with nylon ones to fully secure the panels to oak frame. I also took the rotary's flywheel and driveshaft to the machinsit so he could rig the prop speed reduction shafting with piloting to keep the shafts centered at high speed. I have a feeling the machinist work is gonna set me back another grand...FLOL!

10. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Today I sent the test pilot the latest sim updates and a laundry list of all the work already done and what is next on the burners. I'm off now to the hanger to mount the lexan canopy onto the fuselage and to begin locking down the pedals for rigging to the nosewheel and braking system.

11. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

As planned, today I got the lexan canopy mounted with it's new hinges and bolts supporting the lift-arms(it'd be nice if the lift-arms actually held the hefty canopy fully open by themselves, but....FLOL!) I also, after much driving about, managed to get some of the parts I needed to begin mounting the rudder/brake pedals onto the fuselage. All they need now is a check by my EAA buddy, and then they can be permanently secured in-place.

12. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

A momentous occasion, my friends. Today, the packages arrived. UPS has delivered the soul of my ship, the heart of "N203TT", the power, the ponies, the guts........of a 300HP, 9000RPM, that's right kids, 9000RPM rotary rocket.

I may cry.

13. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Holy crap, dude.

I honestly cant think of anything else to say. [face_plain]

Holy crap.

14. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Don't look now, boyo, but there's an X-Wing comin'!

15. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

With luck, I'll have the engine completely together and ready for an engine mount by next week's end.

16. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Keep us posted, man!

17. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

POST!? I have to post???? FLOL! Well......OK.

18. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    [image=http://www.kraftfoods.com/postcereals/images/hm_postlogo.jpg]

19. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Awesome!!!!

20. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Well, the drivetrain components from the machinists' are done, and I'll be going to pick them up tomorrow.

21. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Went to machinists' this AM and got drivetrain components. Also spent most of the morning at ALRECO getting an assortment of aluminum for building said drivetrain framing.....then blew the rest of my day driving from my EAA buddy's place, then out to the hanger and then back over to my house where I spent about an hour hacking through the 18"x1/2" aluminum plate! I think that's enuf fer one day...FLOL!

22. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Can't wait to see her fly Tim!....or just sit there and look pretty, whatever comes first.

23. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

MAN! The closer I get to finishin' her, the harder the days get....FLOL! Today, my poor EAA buddy and I machined out stand-offs supports for the 1st stage drivetrain plate while I bored its holes and picked up new bolts and stand-off washers, maneuvering the unit the whole while checking fit as I went. Tomorrow.....stage two!!!!!

24. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

HA! The professor that was workin' on the piezoelectric ailrons said that once he gets it worked out, he'd be honoured to install them on my bird!!!! Is that kewl, or what?! He saw the old plane pics on my EAA site, and was impressed.....he may just pass out when he sees the new pics on SS's site.....FLOL!

25. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Today, again, my EAA buddy and I managed to crank out another layer of the prop speed reduction unit....all 50lbs of 1/2" aluminum plate and 6" C-channel of it, plus a couple dozen bolts.

Tomorrow, the mounting of the propshaft bearing supports and it's tensioner, the cutting of the propshaft ports, the mounting of the engine output shaft high-speed needle roller bearing jacket with oil feed, and hopefully, a test of all moving parts.

"Stand by."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.